Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Request for co-op

28 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

If the server fills the allied team with bots, could they not suck? I don't know why the AI is just suicidal, but it's nigh impossible to win, especially when there's a bot CV that (always) outplays the allied one.

[IGU]
[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,207 posts

compared to the rejects from randoms we have been getting lately I openly welcome out bot brothers  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
27 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

If the server fills the allied team with bots, could they not suck? I don't know why the AI is just suicidal, but it's nigh impossible to win, especially when there's a bot CV that (always) outplays the allied one.

There is no excuse for losing a COOP game, even if it is just you and 6 bots.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

You have 10 battles, no disrespect but how can you comment even if all your games are Co-Op games and you won 10? of course it is your right to an opinion, but a bigger sample rate would usually be better to reflect on. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[Y0L0]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,734 posts
5,276 battles
11 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

compared to the rejects from randoms we have been getting lately I openly welcome out bot brothers  

This is a discussion about bots. There is no need to insult half the server.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

You have 10 battles, no disrespect but how can you comment even if all your games are Co-Op games and you won 10? of course it is your right to an opinion, but a bigger sample rate would usually be better to reflect on. :Smile_honoring:

WaveRider, it's obviously a second account.  

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

lol if you think I only have ten battles in the game than you are not wearing your thinking cap.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0]
1,734 posts
5,276 battles
6 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Then I will reaffirm the comment.

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

lol if you think I only have ten battles in the game than you are not wearing your thinking cap.

So if you have more than 10 then how many were in CoOp and di you have a 100% WR?

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
33 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

For what it's worth, I just fought a battle with my Bogue (0 point captain), grinding out +200% wins for the PEF carrier mission of the week.  And I accidentally ignored the coop queue and dropped in with just me and a player DD, and the rest of the player team was bots.  Normally, this isn't that fun for me, but in this battle, I ended up doing nearly 119k damage in a win against those bots.  The poor guy in the Clemson didn't survive, but he did pretty well, while I tried to keep the enemy planes off his back.  

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
3 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

If you are UssIowaSailor, then how can you state 'there is no excuse in losing a bot game' when you have? :Smile_amazed:

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So if you have more than 10 then how many were in CoOp and di you have a 100% WR?

327 with a 98.47% win rate.....and I accept full responsibility for the losses. Playing recklessly and making bad decisions cost me the match.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
787 posts
6,063 battles

If you are UssIowaSailor, then how can you state 'there is no excuse in losing a bot game' when you have? :Smile_amazed:

Maybe u need some coffee to wake up because there is no disconnect in his comments.  Any loss in coop is unacceptable.  Any mode with a global 95% win rate is expected to be a win and losses feel that much worse.  I will also add there is no excuse for scoring lower than a bot on either team

[Y0L0]
1,734 posts
5,276 battles
7 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Say who what? I am confused.....

When did I ever say I was anyone except for who I am?

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
2 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Maybe u need some coffee to wake up because there is no disconnect in his comments.  Any loss in coop is unacceptable.  Any mode with a global 95% win rate is expected to be a win and losses feel that much worse.  I will also add there is no excuse for scoring lower than a bot on either team

I'm sorry but you are deluded as I very much doubt that many could win every single time and have a 100% WR, so to say something is a sure-fire thing is silly and maybe you've had a little too much coffee. :Smile_honoring:

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
2 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Say who what? I am confused.....

When did I ever say I was anyone except for who I am?

You answered directly after UssIowa indicated he had played more games than his forum Avatar would suggest. The way you entered the conversation I thought you may be his alternate account.

Obviously I am wrong and you are someone else who has obviously lost to bots but wish to tell another player it is unacceptable to do so. :Smile_amazed: A confusing message, but as I already stated, everyone is entitled to an opinion. :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
787 posts
6,063 battles

I'm sorry but you are deluded as I very much doubt that many could win every single time and have a 100% WR, so to say something is a sure-fire thing is silly and maybe you've had a little too much coffee. :Smile_honoring:

I’m sure u understand the difference between expecting to win and not winning?  I always expect to win every coop battle, regardless of tier or team make up.  Failing to do so is more disappointing than a loss in Randoms where my expectation to win is much lower

[Y0L0]
1,734 posts
5,276 battles

You answered directly after UssIowa indicated he had played more games than his forum Avatar would suggest. The way you entered the conversation I thought you may be his alternate account.

Obviously I am wrong and you are someone else who has obviously lost to bots but wish to tell another player it is unacceptable to do so. :Smile_amazed: A confusing message, but as I already stated, everyone is entitled to an opinion. :Smile_honoring:

Now you are putting words in my mouth. Kindly point out where I said that.

What I -was- doing was calling -you- out for simply assuming that a persons opinion does not count simply because they have a low battle count or are a reroll.

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
1 minute ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Now you are putting words in my mouth. Kindly point out where I said that.

Where is saying 'I thought' equate to putting words in your mouth? :Smile_amazed:

Take a deep breath and relax my friend lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[Y0L0]
1,734 posts
5,276 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Obviously I am wrong and you are someone else who has obviously lost to bots but wish to tell another player it is unacceptable to do so. 

There is no "I thought" In your direct statement.

Stop trying to troll mate.

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
14 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

327 with a 98.47% win rate.....and I accept full responsibility for the losses. Playing recklessly and making bad decisions cost me the match.

So a loss can occur, for what ever reason. Personally I would be surprised if anyone who has played a lot of games has a 100% WR, even in Co-Op.

In your case you seem to openly indicate you played recklessly and the loss was down to you - so if even you can lose surely it is acceptable o understand us mere mortals may do so also? :Smile_Default:

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts
27 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

That is your post is it not? Confirming this statement:

34 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I'm not sure where you think I'm trolling?

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
987 posts
13,524 battles

Wow, this one went downhill....FAST!

I can agree with OP in regards of the allied bot CV kinda doing whatever they do.  I wish they would adjust them to send their fighters, at least, to the center of the map or something rather than keeping them camping their own cv.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,825 posts
16,341 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I've been on teams that lost games in COOP.........   They lost because they played as if they were in Random.  Tha's a no-go in COOP....    Take the fight to the enemy because COOP is a mirrored event.  You know what they will do !!  DD, Cruiser, BB every time usually in a linear progression.   You can actually kill them because they are predictable with torpedoes (just don't lock them up and shoot at an steep angle and walk the torps up their line of advance !!!)  heck, I've killed two outright and mangled the BB and killed it with guns at tiers 8 on up.....

CV's add complexity and can ruin the linear aspect I just discussed.......  But, not the idea!!!  COOP is a "do or do not" mode of play........

Sign in to follow this