You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Strange keyboard button bug on PTS

11 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

I started a game in the Kongo. Wasn't able to move or anything. Went into settings (Haven't messed with them) and it seemed like the aircraft controls were conflicting with the ship movement buttons (As i reset the ship movement buttons, i saw it saying stuff about the aircraft engine controls being reset). I set the ship movement buttons to ordinary live server settings and i wasn't able to move. It almosted looked like the game was using the aircraft's engine code on my ship. I'm going to record a video if it happens in this next battle.

Yeah, still doesn't work. I can move the ship around with the autopilot plotter though. Occasionally it'll seem to register the ship movement buttons for a split second then stop working. If you guys want a private video I can upload it to youtube.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

If someone else already noticed it, it probably isn't THAT rare and needs to be squashed before 0.8.0 hits.

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

Update: @Beefweasal

I ran the game integrity check, and opened the game in safemode and it appears to have solved the issue. Not sure which of the two fixed it though. I'll reopen it in normal mode. The integrity check might've found some old crap in the PTS folder, who knows.

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

I did notice a bug when playing, my CV was border humping and pointed perfectly off map.. .When my planes launched, they did weird circling maneuvers and couldn't get into the actual map. I was playing the tier 6 CV Ryujo. I'm sure the dev's know about that though.

Members
10 posts
7,011 battles
2 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Update: @Beefweasal

I ran the game integrity check, and opened the game in safemode and it appears to have solved the issue. Not sure which of the two fixed it though. I'll reopen it in normal mode. The integrity check might've found some old crap in the PTS folder, who knows.

I did try the integrity check after it happened and no go.  I will try safe mode and see what happens!  Thanks for the suggestion.

No change after trying safe mode.

Edited by Beefweasal
Troubleshooting response

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles
56 minutes ago, Beefweasal said:

I did try the integrity check after it happened and no go.  I will try safe mode and see what happens!  Thanks for the suggestion.

No change after trying safe mode.

i have a feeling reinstalling will fix your problem, if you have the time

Members
10 posts
7,011 battles
2 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

i have a feeling reinstalling will fix your problem, if you have the time

I thought that too and did the reinstall, still no change.  I might reinstall again to a different folder and see if that works.

Members
10 posts
7,011 battles

Ok, I got it working.  For anybody else who might have this issue here is what I did.  After a clean re-install it still didnt work until I tried "Launch The Game With Settings Reset"  That worked and I was able to customize my settings again and all is good now. Thanks to every body that tried to help and give suggestions! :Smile_great:

[TF_34]
Members
33 posts
14,551 battles

I had the same problem. Tried changing the keys in settings, and no luck. Reset to default and restarted the client, then I was good. Still no keys assigned to surface ship consumables though. Had to change settings again