You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Buy prince Fredrick or Alabama?

24 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts

I know its being offered for free but there is no way I will beable to earn 4 mill silver on 6 nations in 1 week. WG that is way to much to earn on 6 nations!

I can get Alabama because ots on sale or Prince.

What do you think is the better value???

[KWF]
Members
4,015 posts
6,155 battles

If you buy Prinz Eitel, the final directive becomes silly easy. You just need to grind 4 million silver in her, since the rules state a nation OR P.E.F. You do all nations at the same time in her. Once you earn her you get the full doubloon price of it back. 

In addition buying one can also open to you more Steel missions, maybe opening the way to grab a shiny Steel ship easier.

Edited by warheart1992

[BNKR]
Members
1,574 posts
2,090 battles

Tier for tier USS Alabama is a much better ship. She has no problem hammering on tier Xs with those 16" super heavy shells. Her maneuverability is also a huge bonus. The Prinz really struggles against tier VIII and isn't great against most VIIs. She is good in co-op and operations, but that's not a selling point for me.

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
13 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you buy Prinz Eitel, the final directive becomes silly easy. You just need to grind 4 million silver in her, since the rules state a nation OR P.E.F. You do all nations at the same time in her. Once you earn her you get the full doubloon price of it back. 

In addition buying one can also open to you more Steel missions, maybe opening the way to grab a shiny Steel ship easier.

Were is the extra steel missions? I see the campain but that is for ships I have already?

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
11 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Tier for tier USS Alabama is a much better ship. She has no problem hammering on tier Xs with those 16" super heavy shells. Her maneuverability is also a huge bonus. The Prinz really struggles against tier VIII and isn't great against most VIIs. She is good in co-op and operations, but that's not a selling point for me.

Thank you for the info! And the advice.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Were is the extra steel missions? I see the campain but that is for ships I have already?

There is an additional mission set when you buy the PEF.  It gives a total of 2019 steel.

Mine automatically showed up.

You could buy the PEF, use her to complete the directives that win the ship.  You will get doubloon compensation for her.

Then you could buy Alabama.

p.s. - Roll Tide!  I love the Bama!

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[KWF]
Members
4,015 posts
6,155 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

On the missions tab ingame there is a mission chain called "Nerves of Steel". It has 5 stages, each gives 400 Steel, so you can get 2k Steel in total. If you complete the Prinz Eitel directives you get another 2k Steel, and the ship's value back in doubloons. This gives you up to a total of 4k Steel.

• Cool 1

Members
335 posts
6,385 battles

Ship for ship, get the 'bama, if you want the extras for this holiday event go for the PEF. 

Edited by LCPL4ever

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
8 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

There is an additional mission set when you buy the PEF.  It gives a total of 2019 steel.

You could buy the PEF, use her to complete the directives that win the ship.  You will get doubloon compensation for her.

Roll tide! Look like I will be playing German bb for awhile.

Getting the gold back will be better than the sale brice for all. Sounds like a plan!!!!

As much grif as I have given WG over many things getting the gold back for a ship is cool. I know its ingame currancy but still is cool

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles
29 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Roll tide! Look like I will be playing German bb for awhile.

Getting the gold back will be better than the sale brice for all. Sounds like a plan!!!!

As much grif as I have given WG over many things getting the gold back for a ship is cool. I know its ingame currancy but still is cool

I dropped my Bismarck/Tirpitz skipper in her and she works just fine with a secondaries build.

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,241 battles
49 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

WAR EAGLE!

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,247 battles
2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

WAR EAGLE!

Just figures that when we are having all kinds of fun in here that an Auburn fan would show up to ruin it for everyone!

• Funny 2

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

I know its being offered for free but there is no way I will beable to earn 4 mill silver on 6 nations in 1 week. WG that is way to much to earn on 6 nations!

I can get Alabama because ots on sale or Prince.

What do you think is the better value???

I would say neither. The Alabama is a good ship but not as good as the tech tree North Carolina. The PEF is only good as a top tier ship and is Meh overall. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I dropped my Bismarck/Tirpitz skipper in her and she works just fine with a secondaries build.

Indeed, Slattery.  I dropped my GK captain in the PEF.  Of course, being a tier 6, the PEF doesn't get the max benefit from Man Secs that she'd get if she was a tier 7, but oh well.  She's still a nasty BC … err … BB in a brawl.  And despite the fact that the PEF has fairly accurate guns, they're not all that punchy.  So, she seems to really benefit from fighting at closer range where the penetration on her AP shells is at its highest.  Oh, and BTW, that also happens to bring her into secondary gun range.

In truth, one could always say this about any BB (i.e. AP penetration increasing at shorter range), but most true battleships don't have as much difficulty with penetration at greater ranges as the PEF does.  The PEF seems to need to close the range more than others.  OTOH, I suppose if one wants to play it as an HE spammer and avoid short range brawling, one can do that.  But if that was one's intent, there's really no need for a secondary build.

• Cool 1

[TURD]
Members
157 posts
3,554 battles

A consideration for me was that PEF campaign (Mighty Prinz) allowed my to unlock some Tier VI tech tree ships in lines I didn't start yet, allowing me to cut out some of the initial grind. Of course the ultimate justification for getting PEF was simply I just wanted to have it.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,756 posts
50 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

The MASS is much better IMO in almost everyway than bama. Bama misses more than she makes at 15k out. 

I agree I Love Playing my  Masschusetts even more than my  Missouri!   And I do almost as well Credit and Exp wise as I do with the  Missouri:cap_cool:

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

God, I wish I hadn't read that.  

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,756 posts
29 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

God, I wish I hadn't read that.  

:Smile_great::Smile_trollface::Smile_honoring:

26 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

My sincere apologies to your wallet then :etc_hide_turtle:.

:Smile_great::Smile_trollface::Smile_veryhappy:

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Prinz you can get for free.  Not the Alabama.

And I was going to do that but then saw the last part. You need 4 mill in 6 country in 5 days maybe 6.

For somone that does not run prem time this will be impossible! I could do it with us French and maybe German but not Brit and never ijn.

So i am kind of stuck but I do get the gold back so I will be very close to AL anyway.