Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonOfRazgrizz

Next steel ship

16 comments in this topic

[NKOTD]
Members
104 posts
7,084 battles

So we've seen Wargaming make some interesting premiums. Such as the Jean Bart, bourgogne, kron, and the upcoming Alaska, Wichita, and Azuma. 

Despite the hype on the Alaska( or lack thereof) my eyes are set on the Azuma. Question is. Will this ship be more free xp? Coal? Or steel? I have a feeling the Wichita will be steel, and azuma will be coal. 

Members
770 posts
5,262 battles
15 minutes ago, Blademaster95 said:

So we've seen Wargaming make some interesting premiums. Such as the Jean Bart, bourgogne, kron, and the upcoming Alaska, Wichita, and Azuma. 

Despite the hype on the Alaska( or lack thereof) my eyes are set on the Azuma. Question is. Will this ship be more free xp? Coal? Or steel? I have a feeling the Wichita will be steel, and azuma will be coal. 

Azuma is going to be 28k Steel. The place holder is already there in the arsenal and they aren't testing any other T10 ships at the moment.  Based on the vids, Azuma looks to be near final as-is. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped with 8.0. 

Witchita is more than likely going to be another cash premium. 

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles
9 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Azuma is going to be 28k Steel. The place holder is already there in the arsenal and they aren't testing any other T10 ships at the moment.  Based on the vids, Azuma looks to be near final as-is. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped with 8.0. 

Witchita is more than likely going to be another cash premium. 

And that means expect Stalingrad to removed from the Arsenal when Azuma is released.

[NKOTD]
Members
104 posts
7,084 battles
31 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

And that means expect Stalingrad to removed from the Arsenal when Azuma is released.

I feel like they would say Stalingrad would be removed. It looks like they are just adding the azuma

[KWF]
Members
4,032 posts
6,179 battles

Putting another Steel ship so soon after Bourgogne doesn't make much sense; Very few people have the Steel to grab her so pumping out Azuma could mess up with that. Personally I believe it's gonna be a tier VIII, its the only high tier with no Steel ship so far.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles
9 minutes ago, Blademaster95 said:

I feel like they would say Stalingrad would be removed. It looks like they are just adding the azuma

This has been an ongoing point of speculation since November. Note though:

WG normally has only 1 ship class per tier 9 or tier 10, depending on how it is purchased.

For T9 coal/FXP

Musashi -BB

Korndstat -CA

T10 coal

Salem

T7 steel:

Flint - CL

T9 Steel

Black - DD

T10 steel

Stanligrad -Ca

Bourgone - BB

Note that Musashi and Kronstadt are now gone from the arsenal. WG already announced the price of Alaska: 1 mill FXP. You also have a mystery ship being place held in the arsenal. Azuma just finished lived server testing. Alaska is going to be released in 8.0 most likely. It's pissible she will be a steel ship, but placed in the coal section most likely. Azuma gets released as reward ship in steel. Expect Stalingrad to go when that happens.

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,298 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Putting another Steel ship so soon after Bourgogne doesn't make much sense; Very few people have the Steel to grab her so pumping out Azuma could mess up with that. Personally I believe it's gonna be a tier VIII, its the only high tier with no Steel ship so far.

Azuma is is slated at a T10 cruiser (battlecruiser). It makes sense to make her the 2019 reward ship IF Stalingrad is going to be phased out due to her OPness. Azuma might be a coal ship, but that's unlikely based on her stats. Bourgone is a reward BB.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,989 posts
4,482 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Personally I am hording my steel for a DD, and I no others are as well. 

We want a tier  X steel DD! 

[LUCK]
Members
1,798 posts
28,419 battles

T10 Azuma- Steel

T9 Russian DD - Coal

T9 Alaska - FreeXP (multiple, recent WG statements)

T8 Wichita - Shop/dubs

I'd put money on that scenario.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,592 battles

I think Azuma is going to be 300-350K coal.

A) WG doesn't want to be murdered with Katanas by upset weaboos not getting a chance to obtain new waifu.

B) While not filling the same role as Stalingrad in practice, it ostensibly does fill a gap where the general playerbase feels they lack access to a TX BC - allowing the devs to say "well just get the Azuma it's basically the same thing" even if it's not.

C) Steel just had a major TX release, but actually is lacking a new "lower tier" reward to match up with the old ranked ships.  The placeholder graphic arguments and positioning on the arsenal screen are not compelling.

D) FXP is likely going to be as few ships a year as they can get away with, given the inflated access.  I'm getting 15K+ FXP games without even fully stacking dragon flags due to the 200% plus new WS prem etc.  As Alaska is coming it makes no sense to also start a new trend of offering a TX FXP ship at almost the same time.

E) Coal is the new WG controlled spigot resource incentive and Salem was old and tired before the DM got its legendary mod.

F) Salem was the "old cost analysis" of 240K and that was seen as too cheap.  Given the pricing of JB I expect a sizeable increase.

Sign in to follow this