You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

steel monsters worth $60?

22 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
445 posts
10,201 battles

I still have a visa gift card for $75 and was wondering if I should go for the steel monsters or the 20 really big santa crates for 75? Santa crates are just a gamble but Is the stuff you get in the steel monsters really worth that much money? TIA

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

gift it to me and i will tell you if it's worth it.

in the end it's a quick way to get 4k steel,if you want to get a steel ship,that's a good way to get steel without clan battles.

• Funny 1

Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

Depends on your goal. If you play CBs/ranked to some extent and have got steel it is a good idea to get more steel to get a tier 10 steel ship.

[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,556 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I still have a visa gift card for $75 and was wondering if I should go for the steel monsters or the 20 really big santa crates for 75? Santa crates are just a gamble but Is the stuff you get in the steel monsters really worth that much money? TIA

Total Items from Campaign:

4000 Steel

1 Big Santa Container

4 Medium Santa Containers

x3 each of the Lunar New Years camos

28 Days of WoWS Premium time

20 New Years Streamer Camos

10 each of the 2016 New Years, 2017 New Years, and Frosty Fir Camos

10 each of the combat signal flags except the flooding related ones and ramming.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,275 posts
22,294 battles

It's buying your way to get some Steel.  Probably not a big deal if you do a lot of Ranked and Clan Battles like a bunch of guys around here.

But if you do neither Ranked, Clan Battles, then you'll be hard pressed for sources of Steel.  Other things that come with it as you complete the tasks:

3f032cf30a654aa8830aa5782482bec6.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCC2]
Members
5,813 posts

Not for me!

When WG introduced a method to get steel without playing the modes they want you to, I knew it would never earn enough to get anything substantial.

However, that's for me and I have no doubt that for many others, this is totally worth it. In the end that is what it's all about - not the value it represents for others, but whether it's works for you. :Smile_honoring:

Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles

I do not play steel battle gain mode. With the steel in this mission cannot take any ship, so in a not for me. Santa crates give me a lot of BB ( I play dd) most. Imho better buy premium time and a premium ship you like. Regards

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,890 posts
4 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Not worth it.

Don't reward WG for hiding missions or campaigns behind a paywall.

• Cool 2

Members
772 posts
5,282 battles

It was worth it to me. That steel made the difference in a non-clan player like myself being able to get the Black. It will be more worth it to people who might be on the cusp of getting a steel ship but are short just a little steel. If you have ZERO steel in your inventory, then I wouldn't bother. I did land a ship in one of those boxes, so there is the chance of that to consider. 

[TOG]
Members
4,083 posts
22,381 battles

I decided to go whale last week. Got the $139.00 dollar package. I had 6k of steel at that and I decided now is the time to get Stalingrad before it goes away. You got steel coming in from the snow flake and PEF drops. I managed to snag her just before Xmas.  Still will have 5k left when 8.0 comes around. Depending on what you have to start, getting the T9 black is doable. just in time for ranked battles.

So it depends if you have a goal in mind.

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,406 battles

i think steel monsters is geared towards people like me. Going in to the holidays I had 8k steel.

Snowflakes= 6,500 steel

Bought PEF: 2,000 (nerves of steel)

Steel monsters: 4,000

Free PEF campaign= 2k steel

Last night I aquired just enough steel to get Stalingrad with the coupon. MUHAHAHA

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[TOG]
Members
4,083 posts
22,381 battles
8 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Last night I aquired just enough steel to get Stalingrad with the coupon. MUHAHAHA

EJ

I also do the mad cackle every time I play the ship.

[SOV]
Members
4,402 posts
5 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Personaly I dont think so. If you want loot boxs buy them. If you want gold buy it.

The thing to ask is 

1. Do you have time to play the missions?

2. Is 4k steel worth it?

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,592 battles

If it gets you a ship you actually want right now and you don't anticipate getting it from CB or ranked, then maybe.

To be honest if the steel is "oh maybe..." or "if only they give out a bit more..." or "well I guess I could get the Flint if I had to", then the answer is no.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,890 posts
1 hour ago, FlakKnight said:

If it gets you a ship you actually want right now and you don't anticipate getting it from CB or ranked, then maybe.

To be honest if the steel is "oh maybe..." or "if only they give out a bit more..." or "well I guess I could get the Flint if I had to", then the answer is no.

See, when the Steel thing was announced, at first, I was like "Oh cool, I could get a Flint". 

Then it was announced that a major chunk of the Steel needed would be buried in this payola campaign. 

I really wanted the Flint... and this campaign STILL isn't justifiable at 1/10th of what they're selling it for.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[BSL]
Members
1,142 posts
19,819 battles

For those of us that are not available to play Clan, it's a great opportunity.  Your Visa gift card my not work as it is an international transaction.

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
45 posts
21,703 battles

Just tried to purchase the steel monsters campaign, will not let me use the gift card option. credit card or paypal only it would seem. thought i would let people know.

Members
5,149 posts
11 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

It's your money.  Only you know if it's worth it to you.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,219 posts
30,411 battles

I don't play CB, and the steel ships don't really interest me.  I didn't have the skill to get the flint or black, and I really don't play DD well, or US cruisers well - except maybe the Wooster.

I've gained so many free ships via free XP, missions etc. I just don't feel the need to spend money on a mission to get steel.  I did get the 1/2 price prime time; though!

It's just that I think the ships I have can do everything the steel ships can.  And I just got the JB using coal, thanks to the baby ranked battles, which put me over the top for it.   My higher tier BB play sucks, so I'm hoping JB can lead me through rankled battles coming up.

[--K--]
Members
1,080 posts
9,716 battles
23 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

It was worth it to me. That steel made the difference in a non-clan player like myself being able to get the Black. It will be more worth it to people who might be on the cusp of getting a steel ship but are short just a little steel. If you have ZERO steel in your inventory, then I wouldn't bother. I did land a ship in one of those boxes, so there is the chance of that to consider. 

Nice, what did you pull for a ship? I only got 40 new year streamer,15 Hydra/red dragon flags

Members
772 posts
5,282 battles
5 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Nice, what did you pull for a ship? I only got 40 new year streamer,15 Hydra/red dragon flags

cough....Duke of York....cough

But we won't be talking about that.... 

[--K--]
Members
1,080 posts
9,716 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

cough....Duke of York....cough

But we won't be talking about that.... 

The ship not to be named at least won't ever pop in a crate again :p