You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SpaceNachos

Alaska Or... Kron?

33 comments in this topic

[T_M_F]
Members
12 posts
1,909 battles

So I've been playing WoWs for quite a while now, and at the end of this season of FXP ships, I decided to go towards the Kron, but with the release of the Alaska around the corner; 

I'm wondering if I could get some advice to save up or grab the one available..

Thanks <3

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

I don't think any Alaska reviews have been posted yet? Chances are pretty good that Alaska will be no better than Kron because the latter is fake, Russian, and thus 'reasons.'

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

the coming soon lenin  tier8 battleship.i'm not joking.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,380 posts
5,628 battles

depends on what you want to do, kron is a slot machine, pull the lever, sometimes youll win big and citadel a battleship from across the map. Alaska wont do that, but it fills its historical role in curb stomping cruisers

[RKLES]
Members
12,105 posts
13,765 battles
46 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

depends on what you want to do, kron is a slot machine, pull the lever, sometimes youll win big and citadel a battleship from across the map. Alaska wont do that, but it fills its historical role in curb stomping cruisers

And Alaska will be yet another USN AA platform as well.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,826 posts
11,227 battles

Kron is going away, and no certainty to return, Alaska you will have likely a year to try and build back up the resources to obtain it. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,670 posts
3,844 battles

After hording XP for what seems like forever, I bought the Kron this week. I'm having a ton of fun in her, and I can't imagine the Alaska is gonna be that much different, other than the AA, and some other minor things. I guess that makes the Kron a steal right now at 750k as opposed to a Mil? I think a million for one ship is crazy, but that is another locked thread... 

I also think we will see the Kron and Musashi again...but not at 750k. 

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
25,050 battles

I am number 7 on the server in Kronstadt and it is an absolute joy.  If you are any good with spotter plane, its an added bonus.  As a cruiser you can take a punishing strike or two before you need to be really concerned.  DDs are still a concern because AP...just isn't what it used to be.

The guns have laser arcs...if you like lasers, then Kron might be the right choice.  I have no experience with Alaska and can offer no input on it.

In one of my best game in Me in I got 15 citadel hits in less than 7 minutes before I succumbed.  Team won the game.

• Funny 1

Members
768 posts
5,213 battles

The Devs consider Kron to be OP, so after January, you'll only get her in Super Containers or Xmas Boxes.  Get the Kron. You'll have plenty of time to save up FXP for the Alaska, as it's going to be around a while. 

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,048 posts
9,180 battles

Get Kron now and grind XP for Alaska later. Kron is going away and might never return. And we dont even know when Alaska is coming.

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,187 battles
52 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I have no experience with Alaska and can offer no input on it.

Unless you're a Super tester, you'll not have any experience on her until she drops.

[T_M_F]
Members
12 posts
1,909 battles

That's what I was figuring. I've seen some things about each ship. I got the musashi from a free santa box. So I have been working on the kron. Alaska is apparently set to release 0.8.0. that's why I'm even considering it. Granted the only US cruiser I typically like is the Atlanta lol

Members
436 posts
202 battles
8 hours ago, SpaceNachos said:

So I've been playing WoWs for quite a while now, and at the end of this season of FXP ships, I decided to go towards the Kron, but with the release of the Alaska around the corner; 

I'm wondering if I could get some advice to save up or grab the one available..

Thanks <3

The Kron does not reward good aim. The Alaska on the other hand seems to from the times I have faced it. The Kron is like the Roma in that just because it has super fast shells doesn't mean it has super sexy accuracy and then overprns for days when it does hit.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

The Kron does not reward good aim. The Alaska on the other hand seems to from the times I have faced it. The Kron is like the Roma in that just because it has super fast shells doesn't mean it has super sexy accuracy and then overprns for days when it does hit.

You only have 157 battles, what would you know!!!!!!

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,187 battles

Funny, last time I looked (yesterday), Kron wasn't showing on my screen. but I already have her so...

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,807 battles

I'mma buying the Alaska when she comes out, got my free xp saved and everything. Not sure if the 200% xp is still on-going but you should make best use of daily wins in conjunction xp signals/camos and free xp camos. The higher amounts of XP you earn the more free xp will be given. I've had many battles where I earned 20k+ free xp with the proper stacking of signals and camos. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,592 battles

Kron is OP, cheaper, limited edition and available now.  Alaska is unproven, more expensive, likely to be lukewarm so available for a long time and isn't even out yet.

The only reason to not get Kron is if you are catching up on supercrate eligible ships and anticipate getting it from santa crates.

[T_M_F]
Members
12 posts
1,909 battles

That's what I was figuring. I've seen some things about each ship. I got the musashi from a free santa box. So I have been working on the kron. Alaska is apparently set to release 0.8.0. that's why I'm even considering it. Granted the only US cruiser I typically like is the Atlanta lol 

I like the playstyle of prinz eugen. And scharnhorst

[7AES]
Members
83 posts
14,278 battles

I bought Kron and am already up to 890k fxp for Alaska without converting any xp. Out goes faster than you think.

[INTEL]
Members
2,781 posts
15,196 battles
2 hours ago, FlakKnight said:

Kron is OP, cheaper, limited edition and available now.  Alaska is unproven, more expensive, likely to be lukewarm so available for a long time and isn't even out yet.

The only reason to not get Kron is if you are catching up on supercrate eligible ships and anticipate getting it from santa crates.

Precisely.  The Kron is known.  You either want her or not.  Even if for just...reasons.

Decide on the Alaska after she's here.  There's plenty of time to make that decision.