Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warp103

CV can still cross drop you PTS

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

151
[-TXT-]
Members
528 posts
12,732 battles

Full AA spec with Fighter. I shot down 5 Planes with 2 charges of DFAA. I also had  the AA shifted to the left side. I see a long break when 0.8 hits

image.thumb.png.7343693968213b55ef64d5950bc26f91.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Don't care, will stay in Co-op until it's back to balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,034
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,843 posts
4,871 battles

I notice there 2 carriers

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
9 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I notice there 2 carriers

2 carriers, and according to some on this forum, one player. (multiboxing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[-TXT-]
Members
528 posts
12,732 battles
45 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I notice there 2 carriers

yes but if you look 3 trop plane group. I I am bring cross dropped by the cv that is12.9 away. So with unlimited planes  you can not kill them and your AA goes to poo you are dead. I did kill the cv but died after another cross drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,556 battles
16 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Cross dropping is still a thing. I got cross dropped by a single CV in a recent match. 

The rework hasn't happened yet on the live server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,556 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Ok, I'm confused

He's posting about a game on the test server where two CVs coordinated their strikes to nail him. I wonder what his response to a cruiser player moaning about two BBs flanking him would be.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,280
[RKLES]
Members
12,238 posts
13,882 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

He's posting about a game on the test server where two CVs coordinated their strikes to nail him. I wonder what his response to a cruiser player moaning about two BBs flanking him would be.

Or 2 of any other type of Torpedo wielding foe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,023 posts
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

He's posting about a game on the test server where two CVs coordinated their strikes to nail him. I wonder what his response to a cruiser player moaning about two BBs flanking him would be.

i'm confused...if he TRULY is on the test server.

 

 

how come there are THREE torpedo flights in flight right now? (remember cv can only control one flight at a time now.) i'm 95% this is on the live server, ranked sprint to be sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[NGA]
Members
1,970 posts
10,556 battles
1 minute ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

i'm confused...if he TRULY is on the test server.

 

 

how come there are THREE torpedo flights in flight right now? (remember cv can only control one flight at a time now.) i'm 95% this is on the live server, ranked sprint to be sure. 

Because an individual flight of aircraft heading back to the carrier registers as a separate icon. Remember, the new squadrons fly in larger groups but only attack in twos, threes, and fours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
975
[4HIM]
Members
2,909 posts
11,273 battles
3 hours ago, warp103 said:

I see a long break when 0.8 hits

May just drop down to T2 and play a lot of Smith/Varyag/Aurora, etc.  Either that or Ops full time.  Do NOT want to play where all the games are constantly infested with sky spam.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,516
[ARGSY]
Members
18,320 posts
12,750 battles
1 hour ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

 i'm 95% this is on the live server, ranked sprint to be sure. 

Isn't ranked sprint five-per-side? Or did it just change over to six? Because there are six ships on each side in the screenshot. Otherwise maybe it's a late-night game where the MM couldn't find 12 per side, but the two carriers on each side in a six-ship match make me think this is PTS.

Cross dropping will always be a thing when two torpedo-launching entities of any sort are in the same battle. The nastiest div of all will be a carrier and a destroyer or torpedo-armed cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,020 posts

You can still cross drop solo in the new CVs. 

Drop first torp strike from max range (IJN gets bonus range so its even easier with them). 

Turn planes around, set for cross drop... drop 2nd set of torps at same distance to target that your first torp salvo is at. 

Voila. Cross Drop. All because planes still turn on a pixel.

 

THAT BEING SAID... cross drops in the new system are essentially something really stupid to do. By doing them you are trying to go for alpha strike damage which in new system is significantly reduced since you are firing less than half the torps you used to before... so even if you pull it off perfectly you would be doing no more damage than the old (current) system of a single torp squadron worth of torp damage. 

The new CV meta is all about floods/fires. Drop torps on a target... let it repair the flood ... then torp it again and watch it sink. There is no defense against this. WG has not made any comment about changing the flood damage/mechanic so far. 

 

So we go from carriers that can 1-shot a 100% HP BB by having to use multiple squadrons at once... to an even more dumbed down and easymode-enabled console type single-squadron with unlimited attack runs torping you once then again after repair is gone and you die no matter what. Point blank drop is still in the game so you wont be able to dodge it or defend against it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[-TXT-]
Members
528 posts
12,732 battles
9 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

He's posting about a game on the test server where two CVs coordinated their strikes to nail him. I wonder what his response to a cruiser player moaning about two BBs flanking him would be.

lol You are Funny. The second CV  was not even in Range.  So this was a 1 vs 1. Cv vs american cruiser with DF, full AA spec and 125 aa to 1 side plus a Fighter. I still got cross dropped multiple times{Again from only 1 CV}. In the end, I kill the Cv but he kill me with a crossdrop.

This is what kill me. Even with pic that show  Cross drops. Which is one of the reasons this rework was being done. Still happen you try and blame the player lol. Not the biga$$ flaw.

I am a 55% player that has a clue how to play. wth are the 50% player going to do and think of the rework with the  CV can just drop and drop and drop you.  With your AA that no longer works going to say and do.

3 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

THAT BEING SAID... cross drops in the new system are essentially something really stupid to do. By doing them you are trying to go for alpha strike damage which in new system is significantly reduced since you are firing less than half the torps you used to before... so even if you pull it off perfectly you would be doing no more damage than the old (current) system of a single torp squadron worth of torp damage. 

The new CV meta is all about floods/fires. Drop torps on a target... let it repair the flood ... then torp it again and watch it sink. There is no defense against this. WG has not made any comment about changing the flood damage/mechanic so far.

 

 

I still got kill from more then half health so I seem it was not that stupid lol

Edited by warp103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,850
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Cross dropping right now refers to it being done by a single CV.

It is considered OP because it can be done at minimum arming distance almost simultaneously between the two squads.

In the picture above the attack is being carried out by 2 different CVs, so it's not cross dropping as we use the term in reference to CVs today.

Furthermore, while it might be possible for a CV to attempt a cross drop with the IJN during the current rework, it would mean dropping a spread from max range and then moving your next attack into position and dropping from minimum range. This will be far less effective since the ship being attacked will be able to dodge the first set of torpedoes without much effort, and using that to setup an un-dodgeable cross drop will be very difficult, if not impossible.

Also, despite the complaints the OP dodged those attacks by huge margins, so I'm not sure what point is truly being made here.

This seems like massive faux outrage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,834
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,083 posts
5,759 battles

Hey you get two players non-divisioned in a random play with enough coordination to pull this off, they deserve the damage if they get it.. I have a feeling with only 3 torpedoes per drop even then it will be a non-issue.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

So how the hell are people playing the test server 0.8?  I went to all the trouble of setting up a PTS account and downloading the 2nd instance of the game and it's running 0.7.12 same as the live server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,516
[ARGSY]
Members
18,320 posts
12,750 battles
37 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

So how the hell are people playing the test server 0.8?  I went to all the trouble of setting up a PTS account and downloading the 2nd instance of the game and it's running 0.7.12 same as the live server.

Ignore what it claims to be. Go in and play it, and you will find the new carriers there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ignore what it claims to be. Go in and play it, and you will find the new carriers there.

Thank you!  I should be more curious I guess.  I just saw that 0.7.12 and I was like great, downloaded this for nothing!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,135 posts
7,142 battles

Maybe this is WG's plan to have everyone quit BB and CA and play DD or CV exclusively.

 

Edited by reaper_swpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[-TXT-]
Members
528 posts
12,732 battles
12 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Cross dropping right now refers to it being done by a single CV.

It is considered OP because it can be done at minimum arming distance almost simultaneously between the two squads.

In the picture above the attack is being carried out by 2 different CVs, so it's not cross dropping as we use the term in reference to CVs today.

Furthermore, while it might be possible for a CV to attempt a cross drop with the IJN during the current rework, it would mean dropping a spread from max range and then moving your next attack into position and dropping from minimum range. This will be far less effective since the ship being attacked will be able to dodge the first set of torpedoes without much effort, and using that to setup an un-dodgeable cross drop will be very difficult, if not impossible.

Also, despite the complaints the OP dodged those attacks by huge margins, so I'm not sure what point is truly being made here.

This seems like massive faux outrage.

Dude I that was 1 Cv. there is a bug that show the returning cv planes. that was one cv.

This is how it is done. the Torps have a long range but slow {note how long that torp trail is}. So he send the torps out and come in again from a different angle. One trop squad.

 I dodge this set  as in the pic but that was not first. that was the Third time, I got kill on the next cross drop but I kill him as well. So I went from a bit over half health to dead.

Edited by warp103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,609 battles
21 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

i'm confused...if he TRULY is on the test server.

 

 

how come there are THREE torpedo flights in flight right now? (remember cv can only control one flight at a time now.) i'm 95% this is on the live server, ranked sprint to be sure. 

Not a map from this Sprint, and there can't be 2 CVs per side in Ranked, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,663
[X-PN]
Members
9,128 posts
10,609 battles
17 minutes ago, warp103 said:

Dude I that was 1 Cv. there is a bug that show the returning cv planes. that was one cv.

This is how it is done. the Torps have a long range but slow {note how long that torp trail is}. So he send the torps out and come in again from a different angle. One trop squad.

 I dodge this set  as in the pic but that was not first. that was the Third time, I got kill on the next cross drop but I kill him as well. So I went from a bit over half health to dead.

No, it wasn't. If, somehow, it was(It wasn't), then it's on you for not being able to WASD hax during the long interval as it returned. There are many issues, big ones, with the rework, your "issue" isn't one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×