You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WestPac_CG22

A Question About Signals

5 comments in this topic

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I have a question about some signal flags that I have a large quantity of. I know what they do, but I rarely ever use them because I've never been sure what ships they would benefit the most. This may be a newbie question, but what ships would I use Victor Lima, India X-Ray and Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals on? My best guess would be destroyers or maybe cruisers that have a combo of torps and good fire starting HE. Would appreciate any feedback from the community. Thanks

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

Victor Lima and India x ray are for your firestarters, US cruisers, Japanese cruiser, Harugumo, etc. Juliet Whiskey Unaone on most destroyers. I save my fire starting flags for clan and ranked. They're not that easy to obtain. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,821 posts
7,569 battles

If you spam HE, more fire chance is wonderful. The lower your fire chance and the higher your RoF, the better it gets. Des Moines, Worcester and Harugumo are ships I'd call great choices. Most others are too slow or too few in shells going down range to maximize the effect.

Although, if you have a ton, go wild. Just need to be able to get more fast enough so as to not run out.

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Juliet Whisky Unaone(+15% flooding, +5% detonation chance)is good for destroyers, in particular german DD's with their fast torp reloads, but generally for any higher tier DD. Good for ranked, clan battles, randoms. I wouldn't use for scenarios and co-op.

Combine the flag with Juliet Charlie(eliminates detonation).

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning on doing some Ranked next month. Will keep those flags in mind.