You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
will_pdx

Ultimate Frontier 2018 Dec

4 comments in this topic

[_JSS_]
Members
9 posts
1,397 battles

Been playing UF a couple of times tonight.   2 with the Ranger and 1 with the New Orleans.   One CV game seems to click nicely.   The other 2 not so much as in abject defeat.   Questions to the wise out there.  How to keep my Ranger planes from getting wiped out by theirs.   Also of course trying to get after the enemy CV.  Any other wisdom too from those who are playing the current round.  Thanks

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,193 posts
14,168 battles
1 hour ago, will_pdx said:

Been playing UF a couple of times tonight.   2 with the Ranger and 1 with the New Orleans.   One CV game seems to click nicely.   The other 2 not so much as in abject defeat.   Questions to the wise out there.  How to keep my Ranger planes from getting wiped out by theirs.   Also of course trying to get after the enemy CV.  Any other wisdom too from those who are playing the current round.  Thanks

Don't engage their fighters over their CA's or BB's. 

Sync up with the green bot planes. Let them help you.

The Raptor will separate from it's support ships after a little while. Wait till it's support ships are away from it and attack in mass. torpedo bombers, dive bombers, and fighters if possible. Overwhelm it's AA defended the best you can.

Manual drop your bombs and torpedos into a more concentrated attack.

[INTEL]
Members
12,353 posts
34,329 battles
18 hours ago, will_pdx said:

There's a trick for it. First, put a fighter over the island just north of the CV (G 3/4), not the one next to it. It will spot the CV.

One BB should turn up at about 18 kms range, so as not to cross the line formed by the two small islands just south of the BB start position on the 3/4 and 4/5 line, I think it is the F line. If it crosses the F line it will trigger the annoying DDs and the fkking Dallas, so under no circumstances should it cross that line, but should turn off behind the island on the 3/4 line.

It should burn the CV down easily as long as you spot it with the fighter. Once it gets fires started, it can switch to AP. I do this with KGV or Ashitaka all the time, works like a charm, and you can put some bonus hits on the three BBs as you move up.