You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hatsuzuki_DD

The Stalingrad

181 comments in this topic

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,807 battles

They can be countered it's just that rando's don't have the skill.... err coordination  to beat them most of the time.

• Cool 4

[WOLF3]
Members
25,138 posts
22,173 battles

C9J9Gtt.jpg

XiWwD7n.jpg

What I especially liked lately are guys saying things like, "You can citadel Stalingrad from the side, she's not OP"

LOL!

What Cruiser doesn't get slaughtered from the sides? :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles

The Stalingrad stats are inflated because , to nobodies surprise, skilled players have it. The point is, the ship is not as invincible as it seems.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 4

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What I especially liked lately are guys saying things like, "You can citadel Stalingrad from the side, she's not OP"

LOL!

Ah, yes, compare a ship played nearly exclusively by good players to ships equally available to players of all skill levels.

Oh, wait, that's not going to result in a meaningful comparison????

Say it ain't so!

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[KYARU]
Members
3,879 posts
21,946 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Angry2-1024x576.jpg

Your guys' recent campaigning to say otherwise is pretty comedic.

Ship Jesus said it so it must be true.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 4

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
9 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

The Stalingrad stats are inflated because , to nobodies surprise, skilled players have it. The point is, the ship is not as invincible as it seems.

Many, not all, ships have very high numbers when they are still new cause as you point out skilled players try them out....and they are skilled.  I have seen many ships begin their career with very high win rates and then drop over time. Some pretty dramatically. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,492 posts
21 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

To everyone complaining about Stalingrad being OP. I give you Exhibit A.903747790_Stalingradisntop.thumb.jpg.2ff20132e57a26e0337ea66a7ace7b0a.jpg

I too provide a single data point as proof.....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,138 posts
22,173 battles
14 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Ship Jesus said it so it must be true.

The points about Stalingrad stand out so hard that it's irrefutable.  The strong points from Stalingrad are so ridiculous and over the top.

[KYARU]
Members
3,879 posts
21,946 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The points about Stalingrad stand out so hard that it's irrefutable.  The strong points from Stalingrad are so ridiculous and over the top.

I'm sure you reached this conclusion by playing the Stalingrad a lot.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,498 posts
14,054 battles

Out of 14 ships selected by good clans from a wide selection, 5 (or more than 1/3) were specifically Stalingrad.

Because I guess, it's weak, non-competitive and offers no advantages at all, let alone over say Moskva.

Weird example.

• Cool 6

[WOLF3]
Members
25,138 posts
22,173 battles
3 minutes ago, DragonKiler said:

Ok, great. You posted some stats. Please explain which are OP and how they are OP for the masses now would you?

Are you serious?

All these advantages rolled into one ship?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Meh 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

C9J9Gtt.jpg

LOL!

That comparison only works if you assume all the ships are being played by players of equal skill which is a bad assumption to be making about a ship only available through steel. 

According to this logic the ARP Kongo is op and needs to be nerfed to the level of the other kongo clones:

image.thumb.png.8210fa3124bfbe08c20d33ae4bf0c5b6.png

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
11,930 battles
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

C9J9Gtt.jpg

XiWwD7n.jpg

LOL!

Did you bother to normalize the Stalingrad's stats to account for average player skill? Or did you just randomly throw up a bunch of numbers without context? Yeah, that's what I thought.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,138 posts
22,173 battles
2 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

That comparison only works if you assume all the ships are being played by players of equal skill which is a bad assumption to be making about a ship only available through steel. 

According to this logic the ARP Kongo is op and needs to be nerfed to the level of the other kongo clones:

image.thumb.png.8210fa3124bfbe08c20d33ae4bf0c5b6.png

All the strengths about Stalingrad rolled into one ship are over the top.  It's so over the top that the only thing that's more ridiculous are claims that it's balanced.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Supertester
43 posts
13,099 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Are you serious?

All these advantages rolled into one ship?

And? You still haven't pointed out anything. There are distinct weaknesses in the ship that are literally said right there. Worse armor, worse handling, worse stealth. On top of that, you have a long reload on your guns, the HE alpha isn't anything special and the AP only works when someone is stupid enough to not angle to you. Sure the ship is strong. Definitely an above average ship. It punishes mistakes really hard because of its AP performance. Does that make it OP? Of course not. The ship has many counters from the ever present DD, to IFHE Henri, to a Zao, Hindenburg, the occasional CV. It punishes mistakes and that's a good thing. People shouldn't be allowed to be stupid and get away with it and this ship doesn't let that happen. 

• Meh 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

All the strengths about Stalingrad rolled into one ship are over the top.  It's so over the top that the only thing that's more ridiculous are claims that it's balanced.

I think you quoted the wrong person, your response has nothing to do with what I said. 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,138 posts
22,173 battles
1 minute ago, DragonKiler said:

And? You still haven't pointed out anything. There are distinct weaknesses in the ship that are literally said right there. Worse armor, worse handling, worse stealth. On top of that, you have a long reload on your guns, the HE alpha isn't anything special and the AP only works when someone is stupid enough to not angle to you. Sure the ship is strong. Definitely an above average ship. It punishes mistakes really hard because of its AP performance. Does that make it OP? Of course not. The ship has many counters from the ever present DD, to IFHE Henri, to a Zao, Hindenburg, the occasional CV. It punishes mistakes and that's a good thing. People shouldn't be allowed to be stupid and get away with it and this ship doesn't let that happen. 

LOL I don't have to spell anything out because it's already out there :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,492 posts
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In Russia comrade, balance has you......

I guess we'll have to revisit it in 6 months with WG giving away steel to the masses...:cap_hmm:

I'm doubting we'll see much of a change unless they nerf it.

Edited by awiggin

[-VT-]
Members
776 posts
8,887 battles

In all honesty, I kinda look forward to the used stats at the end of this clan season.  Should be interesting.