Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
yyt

15000 dubs to spend, what tier 6, 7 or 8 to buy?

14 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
2,858 battles

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I suck equally at all types (BB, CA, DD and CV). However, just bought a Blyskawica to do the tier 7 PEF missions and am enjoying that. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles

Scharnhorst.  Unlike most BBs that are slow, have bad turret traverse, and sloe reload, Sharnhorst is fast, has fast traverse, and 20 secomd reload (before mods or AR). It also has torps with excellent firing angles, as well as good secondaries - especially if you put your Bismark/Tirpitz captain on it with secondary build.  

• Cool 2

[_RNG_]
Members
119 posts
5,563 battles

Stay away from IJN premium BBs. The atago is always a good choice. Alabama and Kidd are good as well. Tipritz and scharnhorst are great. Any Battleship is a good choice really as they are the least punishing. Go on YouTube and look up reviews on the ships you're interested in. I like watching flamu, although other people have different preferences.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

A year of ships premium is 12,000 doubloons.  That was more valuable than any of the ships if you don’t have a bunch stocked up.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
284 posts
10,692 battles

+1 to scharnhorst, tier VII (sweet tier spot) and lots of fun, plus the special cammo is lovely. Kidd good (specially soon with all those CV rework). I love my massachussets, but im an agressive BB captain. Both tier VIII, not a good tier (uptiered to tier X plenty of times). Roma good if played well, and weird enough, I enjoy Hood (better armor than expected, high speed, godlike AA and tier VII)

[ARGSY]
Members
15,170 posts
9,959 battles
10 hours ago, galspanic said:

A year of ships premium is 12,000 doubloons.  That was more valuable than any of the ships if you don’t have a bunch stocked up.

There's a lot to be said for that. The XP bonus for the warships-exclusive version is now 1.65X instead of 1.5X, and that plus the current 200% XP boost (temporary I know) is giving me 2000+ XP for a first win in co-op at higher tiers.

Compared to no premium at all, it significantly narrows the gap between a win in co-op now and what I used to get for a loss in randoms without it.

However, if you're going to spend money on a ship, then I second the vote for the Scharnhorst. Also, put aside any dislike you may have for anime, opt in to the current Azur Lane thing, and get yourself that 10 point German captain to put in it. Unless you already have a German captain with BFT and AFT, and in that case use them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

I would just mention if you must have a premium, get a tier 8 premium ship. This will help you with all the campaigns in the game and will serve you well in most any mission/event that comes around.

[PSP]
Members
10,015 posts

If you are looking for a tier VI cruiser the De Grasse is a pretty good one. I got one from a container and had really good luck with it in Ranked Sprint this season. I use it a lot in Operations too.

You see a lot of Atagos too. The Atago used to be my favorite ship but it has suffered power creep. It still can be amazing, however, with a little luck and if played right. I've sunk many a Yamato and Montana with its torpedoes. It can stealth torp, barely, and usually scare a DD away or kill it with its guns if it sees one, though the guns are too slow loading to make it much of a dedicated DD hunter per se. From a hidey spot those 203s can be pretty deadly, though if uptiered a Des Moines will make short work of you if it gets you in its sights.

Edited by Snargfargle

[RNG]
Members
667 posts
4,092 battles
15 hours ago, yyt said:

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I suck equally at all types (BB, CA, DD and CV). However, just bought a Blyskawica to do the tier 7 PEF missions and am enjoying that. 

Get the Massachusetts. It is a great ship.

Sign in to follow this