You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Alexander Ovechkin voiceover mod? [English]

12 comments in this topic

Supertester
337 posts
8,756 battles

So I was going threw my setting and noticed that you can use a russian version of Alexander Ovechkin as a voiceover modification, but there isn't a english version even if you do have both captains. not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.  

Spoiler

TicketCapture1.thumb.JPG.b359576e76dadd7e85e0fbd35310d421.JPG

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
1 hour ago, Malarkey_ said:

So I was going threw my setting and noticed that you can use a russian version of Alexander Ovechkin as a voiceover modification, but there isn't a english version even if you do have both captains. not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.  

Reveal hidden contents

TicketCapture1.thumb.JPG.b359576e76dadd7e85e0fbd35310d421.JPG

Working as intended.

1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Ovenchicken only speaks Russian.

RU Ovechkin only speaks Russian. US and dual can speak English

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
1,612 posts
13,473 battles

I would very much appreciate the English Ovechkin available for the Russian only captain.  That being said, I think Ovechkin could have been given some better dialogue coaching for his lines :fish_haloween:

[WOLF2]
Members
246 posts
6,341 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

That being said, I think Ovechkin could have been given some better dialogue coaching for his lines :fish_haloween:

It sounds like they recorded it with a Nokia flip phone in a studio apartment's bathroom :cap_horn:

[CLARE]
Members
554 posts

I only tried Russian and he sounds soooooooooooooo bored.  Not a single note of excitement.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,584 posts
10,510 battles

Since you can't override his language to the normal english (I don't care about him at all..but I do need to understand whats being said", i don't even use him.

I haven't figured out a way to make it speak the normal english while he is captain (just like with the Azur captains)..without modding all the voices.

[BUOY]
Members
533 posts
10,955 battles
19 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I would very much appreciate the English Ovechkin available for the Russian only captain.  That being said, I think Ovechkin could have been given some better dialogue coaching for his lines :fish_haloween:

He did a much better job than the trained actor, Steven Segal, IMO.

TBF though I use the Pirate VO as a default since it's the one that conveys information the clearest and fastest to my ears.

[-POI-]
Members
87 posts
4,025 battles

I think the voiceover is ok but I placed him on my Colorado which I don't use very often. I don't know much about hockey so I didn't know who Alexander Ovechkin was until I told my brother who is into it. He laughed his *ss off. I agree his voiceover is better than Steven Seagal. They must love him a ton in Russia, he's almost another Halsey or Yamamoto in the game.

[JSG]
Members
10 posts
15,076 battles

I had no problems with languages until I put the Ovechkin guy on an Izmail.  I tried English in voiceover with "standard" -- no good he spoke Russian.  I tried the  "national" and the national+; he spoke Russian.  So then I set Ovechkin EN; good, he speaks English.  But so does every captain on every other ship using his mush-mouth voice.  Really pisses me off.  I'm tempted to just get some ratty level 3 captain and dismiss this pos.  But I've got 12 captain points on him now and the Izmail fights pretty well with the 11 I've assigned so far.  Using his specialties made for a somewhat unusual build for a BB, but like I say, the ship seems to do pretty well.  I hate to throw that away.

Has anyone else found a solution that just lets all the ships speak in the normal announcer's English.  I have a slew of ARP ships and they all worked fine with settings English and normal.  Now they speak mush-mouth Ovechkin English.  It really pisses me off (oh, I already mentioned that!).

And I agree, Seagull was just awful -- I had the feeling he was constantly one blink from falling asleep.  I know his name isn't spelled that way, but am too lazy to look up the right way to spell it.  Folks above seem to indicate it's "Segal" or "Seagal" -- glad he's gone from the game.  And I actually kind of like "Seagull".  It's just a big old fat Sea Gull hunkered down on a pier.

Edited by Frog_Stomper
added Seagull comment