You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
njroc

Bon Voyage Old CVs

11 comments in this topic

[M-O-M]
Members
168 posts
6,414 battles

Well, the time has come.

Within 12 days or so, the new CV mechanics go into effect and the old ones will be memory.  I am flying my last missions with the 4 carriers I have.  I know the Bogue will be gone.  I have no idea what the Hosho, Langley, or Independence  will work once the new mechanics are in place.  

I do agree something needed to be done.  On my last match with the Independence, I was dealing with Tier 7 and 8 ships that all had the super AAA module.  I posted in chat that I was going to only deal with aircraft and try to sink the enemy Independence.  The CAs and the BBs were all on their own.

As it turned out, there were very few planes for me to shoot down since the AAA modules effectively cleared the skies.  Even some of the spotter fighter planes got shot down before being recalled to the carrier for defense.

I did manage a few torpedo hits on the enemy CV before it was sunk by the BBs.

NJRoc

865428216_BB-34card.jpeg.e0dd56cc0a0a49de27b390efddcb1077.jpeg

macmade-.gif.ea17dc262b36d1d63edcdf7b069ada39.gif

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles
Spoiler

The change does not happen in 12 days. Jan 23 more likely

[REALY]
Members
199 posts
1,886 battles

I feel this is appropriate on many levels...

Edited by Axiomaticranger
Fixing embeded vid

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,162 posts
14,021 battles

I will probably take my CV's to Co-op for awhile to learn the new style of play. Kudos to the players who was able to partake in the testing to get a early start.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,631 posts
14,379 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I will probably take my CV's to Co-op for awhile to learn the new style of play. Kudos to the players who was able to partake in the testing to get a early start.

You do know you can test them now on the Public Test Server, right?

Screenshot_1.png

[WOLFC]
Members
2,631 posts
14,379 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

No I didn't. Thank you!

You're very welcome ... have fun. 

I've never tried a Carrier myself, may have to give it a go tomorrow.  Everyone abandon hope! :Smile_veryhappy:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,162 posts
14,021 battles
19 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

You're very welcome ... have fun. 

I've never tried a Carrier myself, may have to give it a go tomorrow.  Everyone abandon hope! :Smile_veryhappy:

I like CV play. I really hope I am able to learn the new play quick AND enjoy it lol.

Members
2,631 posts
4,235 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I like CV play. I really hope I am able to learn the new play quick AND enjoy it lol.

My advice is not to be deterred by T4.  You can still rack up some damage at that tier but its more difficult due to squadron size and lack of torpedoes.  Its only 2000 experience to each tier on the test server,  give at least T6 and maybe 8 a go to get a better feel for what its like.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,626 posts

I will go into PTS.

I will fill out the survey with everything that's wrong with this rework top to bottom.

And when the patch hits, I will cash my carriers in for the refund, take the month off to avoid the hype and surge, and then see if the game is playable.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1