You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PlenioB

RN Idea for Premium RN Cruisers

7 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
10,251 battles

I have always liked the RN line.  I think that WOW should add some more Premium cruisers for the line...seeing there is only one (HMS Belfast) and WOW removed her. Now WOW is putting in the HMS Exeter which I was hoping they would do.   I think another light cruiser, the HMS Enterprise would be nice.  A tier 5 sister to HMS Emerald.  HMS Enterprise would have HE and its last modification prior to WW2.  Which she should have a turret forward with 2,  6" inch guns.  Another RN light cruiser would be the HMS Dido.  HMS Dido could be the Royal Navy's version of USS Atlanta.  Dido would not have radar, but she should have HE,smoke & hydro.  Then to introduce another Heavy Cruiser...lets get a commonwealth ship in there.  It been awhile for the commonwealth line.  The Australian Navy's HMAS Canberra, a County class heavy  cruiser.   

• Cool 2

[UTWE]
Members
222 posts
2,930 battles

We definitely don't need another Emerald, because it's arguably the worst ship in the game. But Dido I agree with, and also a commonwealth cruiser would be good but I think HMAS Australia is a better pick because it has a richer history (maybe put in an Easter egg of the outline of the kamikaze plane that hit it). I think a County class cruiser should be T8 maybe T7. Personally I'd rather HMS Norfolk.(P.S. when the acronym for World Of Warships is WoWs, WoW is World of Warcraft).

Edited by Iron_Salvo921

[PVE]
Members
2,135 posts
19,122 battles
4 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

We definitely don't need another Emerald, because it's arguably the worst ship in the game.

Only to those that run it like a cruiser...Emerald is hands down the most OP T5 DD in the game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,221 posts
15,761 battles
19 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

We definitely don't need another Emerald, because it's arguably the worst ship in the game.

While Emerald will certainly NOT win the "Ship Of The Year" award, she is also certainly NOT the worst ship in the game. Not even sure if it's in the top 5.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,159 posts
10,904 battles

Hi @PlenioB!

I love the idea of more RN premium cruisers, Exeter has been a long time coming since Belfast was removed from the game (over a year ago) and the single Belfast in the last 2 years was a little underwhelming to say the least.

In the meantime, the Russian line now has something like 12 premium cruisers, and the Pan-Asians are getting a 2nd before the Brits too. Although there are lots of premium battleships (too many!) those are port queens and the cruisers did a lot of work.

Exeter and Dido together are the last 2 ships I really care about WG adding, there are a few others I'd be pleased but those two are on my must-have list. Dido wouldn't be quite as similar to Atlanta as some think, her ROF is lower, her ballistics should be better though not fantastic, she only has 10 guns instead of 12 so more like Konigsberg than Atlanta in some ways.

A premium Enterprise doesn't attract me at all.

[1RD]
Members
46 posts
5,635 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

We definitely don't need another Emerald, because it's arguably the worst ship in the game. But Dido I agree with, and also a commonwealth cruiser would be good but I think HMAS Australia is a better pick because it has a richer history (maybe put in an Easter egg of the outline of the kamikaze plane that hit it). I think a County class cruiser should be T8 maybe T7. Personally I'd rather HMS Norfolk.(P.S. when the acronym for World Of Warships is WoWs, WoW is World of Warcraft).

Agree with HMS Norfolk. Another famous cruiser would be ‘the Shiny Sheff’, HMS Sheffield.