You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Double strikes - Increase time limit?

18 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,493 posts
18,599 battles

I got into this match and at 12:27 you will see what I talking about

The second ship dies at the 12 second time mark. At first I thought the DS was not awarded, however I found out the requirement for DS has a time limit of 10 seconds. Is the 10 second rule for double strike (DS) based on statistics or is that a number that WG threw at the wall with a dart? Can anyone offer an explanation why we have it at 10 seconds? Should this time period (10 seconds) be adjusted further out like 15 seconds for double strike?

[CAPGO]
Members
743 posts
7,280 battles

If they set the achievement as two consecutive kills within 10 seconds time window, it's what it is...

It's WG who sets the bar and there's nothing wrong with it.

Though, I am not against the idea increasing the time to 15 seconds from 10 seconds as Sierra Mike signal flag is one of the toughest combat signal flag to earn, we could make it just little easier.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles

I'm all for it.  Its not like there are a plethora of 11 second kills either that would make it too easy.   Gotta keep it 15 and under though i think, so you can't just farm them incredibly easily with, say, sharnhorst + AR (though its somewhat easy with sharn anyway even currently).  

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,913 battles

Having my secondaries finish off a second ship that unwisely strayed into my AP is so good right now, if you increased the time, I might as well be sending my second salvo.

I don't think making this unique occasion accessible by potatoe gunners should be possible.

Edited by cavscout1739
Missing words

[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

you may have a valid argument IF your DD didn't fire so many torps, as it is 10sec is just fine.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

I think it should be 45 seconds. If I delete someone in a battleship I have to wait 30 seconds for the reload. If I delete another ship on the next salvo I should get a double strike. 

[CAPGO]
Members
743 posts
7,280 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I think it should be 45 seconds. If I delete someone in a battleship I have to wait 30 seconds for the reload. If I delete another ship on the next salvo I should get a double strike. 

Why an achievement should be focused around one class of ships? If you want double-strike in a battleship, you need to plan your firing carefully

Members
173 posts
10,086 battles

A double strike is when you sink 2 ships at almost the same time. 10 sec is plenty. Giving people time for multiple salvos between kills is the opposite of having multiple kills at once. That why they call it a double strike. It's not a kraken type achievement where you kill more than one enemy in a game. 

Supertester, Beta Testers
5,783 posts
8,461 battles

Making Double Strike easier to get is a buff to Unique Commander Halsey.

The Hit Fast! talent activates after receiving the Double Strike achievement with William Halsey. The ship under Halsey's command gets -10% to base detection radius, which can accumulate if a player receives the achievement multiple times during a battle.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
16 minutes ago, VVoony said:

Why an achievement should be focused around one class of ships? If you want double-strike in a battleship, you need to plan your firing carefully

It is not focused around one class of ship, it could be a sliding scale based on the reload speed of the main battery.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
5,008 posts
22,432 battles
9 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Making Double Strike easier to get is a buff to Unique Commander Halsey.

I wasn't aware it accumulated...w/legendary gearing upgrade it already gets down to 5.1...4.6 (& beyond) would be way OP...LOL.

[PVE]
Members
5,008 posts
22,432 battles
5 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

It is not focused around one class of ship, it could be a sliding scale based on the reload speed of the main battery.

You don't have to fire all rounds to finish off a ship every time...double strikes are very achievable (albeit rarely) in a BB as is...not to mention fire/2ndary ones. Most cruisers would also have to break up their alpha strikes to get them.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,404 posts
10,757 battles
44 minutes ago, cavscout1739 said:

Having my secondaries finish off a second ship that unwisely strayed into my AP is so good right now, if you increased the time, I might as well be sending my second salvo. 

I don't think making this unique occasion accessible by potatoe gunners should be possible.

So if you do it in 10 seconds your great but if you take five more seconds to kill the 2 ships your just a potato .

Edited by clammboy

[WOLF5]
Members
3,572 posts
3,808 battles
25 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You don't have to fire all rounds to finish off a ship every time...double strikes are very achievable (albeit rarely) in a BB as is...not to mention fire/2ndary ones. Most cruisers would also have to break up their alpha strikes to get them.

I've done it I think once in a BB. AL, front turrets fired, switch target with rear turret. Not easy, but that's why it's an achievement.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,142 posts
20,619 battles

Ten seconds is fine.  Frankly, I'm thinking for every second you add your likely to see an almost exponential increase of awards.  It was setup prior to the super secondaries and the huge DPS ships that have since released.

[PVE]
Members
5,008 posts
22,432 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I've done it I think once in a BB. AL, front turrets fired, switch target with rear turret. Not easy, but that's why it's an achievement.

Got a double Mino div hiding in smoke w/my Yammy once...both undetected...fired rear turret 1st & was lining up the fronts to try & "finish" the 1st one off when all 3 of the rear ones hit for cits & the 1st 1 disappeared as the 2nd 1 fired allowing me to get a good lock on it with the front turrets.

Members
4,415 posts
17,974 battles

Like any achievement it's not easy to get and isn't supposed to be. Leave it as is.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,913 battles
9 hours ago, clammboy said:

So if you do it in 10 seconds your great but if you take five more seconds to kill the 2 ships your just a potato .

Or, to put it another way. Yes - the award would become diluted if more people could do it. Look at Kraken Jr, as an example. They almost pulled off a noteworthy achievement and got a participation trophy.