Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

I could use some help choosing a new line in the tech tree to go down.

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,191 posts
3,058 battles

Currently, I'm only going down a few lines in the tech trees: The American BBs (Iowa), DDs (Benson), and CAs (Baltimore), the Russian DDs (Kiev), and the German BBs (Bismarck). I have the Texas, Warspite, Blyska, Haida, and all the ARP ships as premiums. As much as I like most of the ships I have, I'd like to get a few more, but I'm not sure which ones to pick. Buying them and kitting them out won't be a problem.

I already play BBs heavily, so I don't want to get any more. I'd also like to try for a nation that isn't the Americans or the British just to mix things up. As for what I'm considering, I'm thinking about going down the Japanese DD line that ends in the Harugamo, the Russian cruiser line, or rebuying an American CV in anticipation for the rework coming soon.

What do you all think? Which of the lines I'm considering should I pick up? Should I go with another line I haven't considered?

Thanks in advance to everyone who gives me some advice.

Sincerely,

1Sherman.

Members
569 posts
6,947 battles

The cool thing about getting to fubuki or shinonome (tier 6) is you get fun as hell 3x3 launchers and still really good CE.  I think this may be one of the sweet spots before you get into radar ships. 

But Harugamo is a beast for sure, but i don't have it. But getting to Tier 6 is not that big of an investment so you could aim for that and/or pick up Shinonome if she comes up again.

[RBRDK]
Members
1,187 posts
6,242 battles

I have really enjoyed the Russian cruisers, so very fun from tiers 5-8. Guns are like freaking laser beams, but as with any cruiser, have to be mindful of when BBs and heavy CAs have you in their sites. Still, a very fun line of ships to play.

I also recommend giving the French cruisers a look over. The tier VI and up French cruisers get access to the main battery reload booster consumable. If you do choose to go down the French cruiser line, though, I recommend taking the Last Stand as a commander skill on the French boats though, as they tend to be prone to getting their rudder knocked out quite frequently from my experience.

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts

Yeah, another vote for the French Cruiser line. Fast, long range, look good and have a park bench on the back for resting between battles (I kid you not)

[SIDE]
Members
3,941 posts

Tough call.

I’d consider the carriers or German dd. You are either gonna get a massive change in game play or a very dependable and consistently decent dd line.

I spend much of my time only playing tier 10’s and various premiums. I could play nothing but premiums and have a plenty of fun.

I recently finished French BB line and it was excellent. WG has done a fantastic job giving all T10 BB a distinct niche and I appreciate that. 

The only grind I’m involved with at the moment are brit dd. They have been excellent tier 7-9 and I expect  the 10 to be great as well.

The German and Japanese Empire bb lines hav some stinkers and the US line can be a bit boring until tier 10. 

Anyway, drifted a bit but I hope some of the information helps a little.

Edited by thebigblue

Sign in to follow this