Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

CV Rework Poll

CV Rework Poll  

93 members have voted

  1. 1. What will you do after the CV rework release?

    • Continue to play as I always have
      19
    • Reap the tears of players who wanted to get rid of CVs only to get over run by them
      5
    • Reap the tears of the CV players because now they are too weak to matter
      1
    • Fall asleep after my 6th attack run
      1
    • Rage at the fact I do not have torpedoes until T6
      0
    • Give them a go and figure out if I will play them or ignore the line
      22
    • Ignore the CV line and play AA centric ships
      7
    • Sell all my CVs and leave the game (Take all my toys and go home)
      3
    • Watch as the player base exploits all the unexpected holes and WG rushing to patch them
      10
    • Hold on to my CVs to see if they are over powered now, then play them if they are
      4
    • Hunt CVs to extinction
      5
    • Buy up a CV that you sold long ago because you sucked at them and see if you're any good at them with the new rework
      3
    • Cash in the refund on all my CVs, and then take a month off while the hype and surge blows over and all the events are carrier-centric
      9
    • Bacon, because some whiny bastiches wanted it......
      4

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles

Because we all want to know where the 30% of the player base that reads the forums think of the rework.

Edited by Billy2Hawks
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[SEOP]
Members
1,543 posts
8,233 battles

lol at some of the choices.  such truths.  I'll likely play for a week to see the effects and if the game turns to CV induced poop  than I'll likely take another hiatus until convergence occurs on a new meta for surface ships.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
Alpha Tester
6,114 posts
2,985 battles

You forgot to add "Buy up a CV that you sold long ago because you sucked at them and see if you're any good at them with the new rework" as an option.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,382
[CMFRT]
Members
10,432 posts

What does "cash in the refund on all my CVs, and then take a month off while the hype and surge blows over and all the events are carrier-centric" fall under?

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[SEOP]
Members
1,543 posts
8,233 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

What does "cash in the refund on all my CVs, and then take a month off while the hype and surge blows over and all the events are carrier-centric" fall under?

 

huh -- didnt see that one in my first pass.  I can actually vote now.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
16 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

You forgot to add "Buy up a CV that you sold long ago because you sucked at them and see if you're any good at them with the new rework" as an option.

 

6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

What does "cash in the refund on all my CVs, and then take a month off while the hype and surge blows over and all the events are carrier-centric" fall under?

 

 

5 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

huh -- didnt see that one in my first pass.  I can actually vote now.  

Added a couple of choices. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
17 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Would like to select 3 choices and you forgot "Bacon".

Damn, I always forget bacon. I am surprised my wife has not filed for divorce. :cap_wander:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,169
[NMKJT]
Members
3,972 posts
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Public Test Server?

Youtube videos of the gameplay?

 

Public Test Server is only an approximation of Random Battles. No CC worth their salt would review a ship by only playing on PTS.

I think it looks like crap, but I'm not going to prejudge my actions without seeing what its really like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789
[-ZF-]
Beta Testers
3,313 posts
5,109 battles

as with anything, ill try it. I don't buy into the the whole "the sky is falling" thing this community does every week.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
874
[PVE]
Members
3,851 posts
22,060 battles
1 hour ago, Billy2Hawks said:

 

 

Added a couple of choices. :)

 

35 minutes ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Damn, I always forget bacon. I am surprised my wife has not filed for divorce. :cap_wander:

So...will bacon be added soon or are you gonna wait until the papers are served?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,382
[CMFRT]
Members
10,432 posts
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So...will bacon be added soon or are you gonna wait until the papers are served?

I hope we don't have to wait for bacon to be served.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
17 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

 

So...will bacon be added soon or are you gonna wait until the papers are served?

 

12 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I hope we don't have to wait for bacon to be served.

 

I hope you are happy. There goes the man cave apartment I was hoping for...... :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,995
[_-_]
Members
2,650 posts
7,585 battles
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

Public Test Server is only an approximation of Random Battles. No CC worth their salt would review a ship by only playing on PTS.

I think it looks like crap, but I'm not going to prejudge my actions without seeing what its really like. 

It is crap, IMHO. Been on PT most of the day.

  • CV controls are too wobbly, too much over-steering. Played Langley, Hosho, and Ryujo. They sucked a big one. Impossible to hit a squirming DD with rockets, bombs, or torps.
  • Played 3 matches in a full-AA spec Des Moines against Midways. DM laughs at planes, doesn't need bother with manual AA or "reinforce side", just hit Def AA and ignore them.
  • Played 2 matches in BFT/AFT New York against Ryujos, 2 per team, and was dead in minutes. No way to evade torps in BB, happens too fast.

Preliminary conclusion: Welcome to World of Cruisers and CV's. BB stand no chance because can't keep up with cruisers for cover and can't evade. Business as usual for DD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
6 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Preliminary conclusion: Welcome to World of Cruisers and CV's. BB stand no chance because can't keep up with cruisers for cover and can't evade. Business as usual for DD's.

I actually played a Minekaze this morning. Forgot to add camo and spend Capt's points.

Granted it was only a 5 ship/side game, but I was in the backfield and had 3 CVs dead in less that 5 minutes into the game. It took 3 volleys of 6 torps to kill 3 CVs. This is while all 3 of them were trying to kill me, and I only used smoke once at the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,382
[CMFRT]
Members
10,432 posts
16 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It is crap, IMHO. Been on PT most of the day.

  • CV controls are too wobbly, too much over-steering. Played Langley, Hosho, and Ryujo. They sucked a big one. Impossible to hit a squirming DD with rockets, bombs, or torps.
  • Played 3 matches in a full-AA spec Des Moines against Midways. DM laughs at planes, doesn't need bother with manual AA or "reinforce side", just hit Def AA and ignore them.
  • Played 2 matches in BFT/AFT New York against Ryujos, 2 per team, and was dead in minutes. No way to evade torps in BB, happens too fast.

Preliminary conclusion: Welcome to World of Cruisers and CV's. BB stand no chance because can't keep up with cruisers for cover and can't evade. Business as usual for DD's.

All drops will be manual drops, so it will be just like it is now with manual drops screwing over ships that can't turn fast enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,995
[_-_]
Members
2,650 posts
7,585 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

All drops will be manual drops, so it will be just like it is now with manual drops screwing over ships that can't turn fast enough.

Only worse. The torp drop routine looks like it could be a game breaker in skilled hands, even with wonky flight controls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
14,774 battles

I’ve just come from playing one Hosho and one Langley game on the test server (co-op).   I didnt do the re-work test so these are my first 2 re-work CV games.  I also don’t play CVs currently.  I realize that 2 games is hardly a sufficient sample size, but after those 2 games I have but one thing to say about this re-work.      

NO.  It’s not for me.  I’ll try a few more games and upgrade to the tier 6 ones and try those, but I don’t like it at all.

I haven’t played CVs up to now and I don’t see myself playing them going forward.  My only hope now is that this doesn’t ruin the game somehow.

edit:  I forgot.....bacon! 

Edited by RumpledSteelskins
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
53 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

I’ve just come from playing one Hosho and one Langley game on the test server (co-op).   I didnt do the re-work test so these are my first 2 re-work CV games.  I also don’t play CVs currently.  I realize that 2 games is hardly a sufficient sample size, but after those 2 games I have but one thing to say about this re-work.      

NO.  It’s not for me.  I’ll try a few more games and upgrade to the tier 6 ones and try those, but I don’t like it at all.

I haven’t played CVs up to now and I don’t see myself playing them going forward.  My only hope now is that this doesn’t ruin the game somehow.

exit:  I forgot.....bacon! 

I think they are going to get a lot of this from people who don't play, and I feel like this change is going through no matter what.

I was excited for the CV make over, but the more I play the more I see that WG is going to be patching balance and game play issues in an emergency fashion for about a month after they release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
3 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

Public Test Server is only an approximation of Random Battles. No CC worth their salt would review a ship by only playing on PTS.

I think it looks like crap, but I'm not going to prejudge my actions without seeing what its really like. 

I would say this to anyone who says PTS is not the live environment

No, you will not get the feel of true balance of the CVs, but you definitely get the feel of the game play of them. If nothing else, play at least one game in each tier, even if it is coop. This way you can see at least the mechanics and how you might exploit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×