Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Carriers in ranked

5 comments in this topic

[SFBG]
Members
1,664 posts
9,399 battles

Just as good as any, if you know what you are doing...   Since winning is the primary reason, CV play will be more of spotting and harrassing DDs, so your team can kill them.

Indy's fighters will have an edge over Ryujo's, but you can spam torps to harass DDs with Ryujo.  That would probably be my pick.

Either ship, you won't be farming a lot of damage if you play your role right.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
983 posts
8,091 battles

Definitely for the spotting. My team lost a battle because the red CV kept me spotted in my DD until they overwhelmed me. I ended up getting gunned down into oblivion while I was dodging their DD's torps while the sinister little fighter planes just sat up there and watched.   :cap_look: Those sickos.

Without a DD spotting, my team didn't last long. If the green CV had engaged those red fighters I might have been able to escape, but it didn't work out that way that time.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,176 posts
14,038 battles
26 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Good Idea, Yes or no? Tips?

You would be better to play the Ryujo. It has the option of air superiority with three fighter squads. The Independence is at a distinct disadvantage of just one. I tried playing the Indy a couple times but all my planes was flamed out pretty quick. So I quit playing CV in ranked as I do not posses the Ryujo.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
21 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Good Idea, Yes or no? Tips?

Honestly, no.  Aside from not liking carriers in this game in the first place, nothing can wreck your team's chances of winning more than a terrible CV player on your team.

Interestingly, the last 2 Sprint battles that had carriers in them, had one team's carrier get sniped.  Not by the other carrier, but by an enemy DD.  And both times, it was in the Strait map.  Both times, the south team's CV set up close to the large island just west of the central B cap, out of sight and line of fire from the north team.  And bow into that island, thus being incapable of a fast escape.  But in both cases, the CV was spotted by planes.  And a DD from the north team snuck down through the west channel and caught that CV by surprise, and killing it with torps.  

The first time, I was on the team whose CV was sniped and we lost, badly.  And the second time, I was the north team DD that carried out the sniping, but we lost because the rest of my team just wasn't very good.  In the end, it was just me in my T-61 and our CV, against the last enemy BB, but they had a points lead and 2 caps.  And we just ran out of time.  I know that we could have taken out that Warspite with another minute or 2.  But alas, we didn't have that minute or 2, and the enemy team reached 1000 points and we lost.  Oh well.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this