You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

PSA - Participate in Azure Lane Missions & Rewards

68 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles

In WG's "January Missions 2019" page there's a section to do some Azure Lane missions and get some rewards like an Admiral Hipper flag.

e39247b6-09d8-11e9-812c-d89d6715223c_330x.png

Earn that flag, some camo, 3pt Aurora, and 10pt Hipper captains.  You need to hit the Participate button in that page though.  The mission shows up in Personal Assignments.

TEBIhDs.jpg

EDIT:  If you completed the mission, got the notification that you received the captains, flag, etc, but you don't see them in your Reserves, you probably have filters on to not see items such as these.  Look to the bottom right of your Port screen, above the carousel and play with the options there.

7PFBEVG.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 11

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

Do the Azur Lane captains screech in that high pitch voice that is like nails on a chalkboard like the ARP captains do?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,498 posts
3,895 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I might actually start playing regularly for this.

1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Do the Azur Lane captains screech in that high pitch voice that is like nails on a chalkboard like the ARP captains do?

The screeching will continue until cultural tolerance improves.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

lol Well not all the ARP captains do that. I use one that speaks in a calm voice all the time. I also have to free XP my Kitty Cat up to at least 10 points so he is usable. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,498 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

lol Well not all the ARP captains do that. I use one that speaks in a calm voice all the time. I also have to free XP my Kitty Cat up to at least 10 points so he is usable. 

The main prize is Admiral Hipper, who is a prissy tsundere.

I believe Avrora is more calm, but I don't have her so I can't confirm.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
12 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The main prize is Admiral Hipper, who is a prissy tsundere.

I believe Avrora is more calm, but I don't have her so I can't confirm.

I believe Azure Lane is a Chinese game so do they speak Mandarin or Cantonese or do they speak Japanese?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,498 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I believe Azure Lane is a Chinese game so do they speak Mandarin or Cantonese or do they speak Japanese?

The Chinese version of the game has no voiceacting at all.

The Japanese version has Japanese voiceacting and the NA version is just a port/translation of the Japanese version. Thus, the NA version also has Japanese voiceacting.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The Chinese version of the game has no voiceacting at all.

The Japanese version has Japanese voiceacting and the NA version is just a port/translation of the Japanese version. Thus, the NA version also has Japanese voiceacting.

I Still would like to see and event that pits ARP vs HSF vs Azure lane in an Anime battle royal. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,130 posts
9,895 battles
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

rewards like an Admiral Hipper flag.

This one is a lot more overt than the previous Azur Lane flag I earned, which was some sort of stylized anchor IIRC. 

This one clearly screams "Anime Fan" - which might potentially have the effect of drawing a lot of fire in one's direction! :Smile_teethhappy:

Also, I initially misread that first stage as 10,000 base XP, when in fact it is far easier than that. Excellent.

• Funny 2

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
489 posts
4,783 battles

Excellent.  I've been wondering who to permanently assign to Prinz Eugen (and/or  Admiral Hipper proper, when I get there)  This fits the bill nicely.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,759 posts
5,814 battles
38 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

It depends on what collection of tropes that character is suppose to represent, and which voice actor was hired for that character. YMMV.

Imho Hood, Belfast, Enterprise, Cleveland, Aurora, and Nelson are not patticularly high pitched in comparison to the HSF and some of the ARP voices. Hipper is the only one that is high pitched and relatively annoying, mainly because her character trope is to be a permanently pissed off tsundere.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This one is a lot more overt than the previous Azur Lane flag I earned, which was some sort of stylized anchor IIRC. 

This one clearly screams "Anime Fan" - which might potentially have the effect of drawing a lot of fire in one's direction! :Smile_teethhappy:

Also, I initially misread that first stage as 10,000 base XP, when in fact it is far easier than that. Excellent.

They can't tell from range anyways.  And if anyone rages on the boards, then I consider it a great bonus.

Members
5,777 posts
6,635 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This one is a lot more overt than the previous Azur Lane flag I earned, which was some sort of stylized anchor IIRC

That stylized anchor is the Azur Lane logo.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,130 posts
9,895 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

That stylized anchor is the Azur Lane logo.

Yes, but someone unfamiliar with AL would see it only as an anchor, which is no surprise in a naval game. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,498 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, but someone unfamiliar with AL would see it only as an anchor, which is no surprise in a naval game. 

A character wearing a peaked naval cap is no more out of place.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
25 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

It depends on what collection of tropes that character is suppose to represent, and which voice actor was hired for that character. YMMV.

Imho Hood, Belfast, Enterprise, Cleveland, Aurora, and Nelson are not patticularly high pitched in comparison to the HSF and some of the ARP voices. Hipper is the only one that is high pitched and relatively annoying, mainly because her character trope is to be a permanently pissed off tsundere.

The one I don't get is the cat, I NEVER hear him make any noises at all but people swear he does. lol

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles
19 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The one I don't get is the cat, I NEVER hear him make any noises at all but people swear he does. lol

He makes some grunting sounds.  I thought it strange or a bug at first but it's actually consistent with the character.  Some guys linked some YT vids on it when the captain came out.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,096 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

annnnnnd, that's why I avoid teh anime stuff.

• Boring 1

[BISC]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,207 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

He makes some grunting sounds.  I thought it strange or a bug at first but it's actually consistent with the character.  Some guys linked some YT vids on it when the captain came out.

Yes, I tend to wind up with a severe case of dead when i use Isoroku as a captain that requires a lot of movement.

I put him on Ashitaka to see if that would calm it down a bit.

That would be a no - it causes me to laugh too much.

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
4 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

Yes, I tend to wind up with a severe case of dead when i use Isoroku as a captain that requires a lot of movement.

I put him on Ashitaka to see if that would calm it down a bit.

That would be a no - it causes me to laugh too much.

What does he do?

[-BMV-]
Members
430 posts
16,899 battles

Thanks for the PSA. Sigh, Hipper is the reward... but i bought her already and she is on.... well Hipper.... why wasn't Belfast.... Oh well, at least Aurora is the final prize.

PS: i know ill get two Hippers now, and i know i 'm complaining but yeah, i'm still complaining XD.

Edited by Sidelock

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,853 posts
4,861 battles

The more the merrier...

Not that it'll matter anymore because I won't be hearing "Group Two" or "Dai-ni Shoutai"  anymore after Jan...........

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,759 posts
5,814 battles

I already bought Hipper, so I guess I'll use the spare on Roon or something.

But I can now play Hipper, with the AL Hipper camo, captained by Hipper, whilst flying a Hipper flag.

• Cool 2