You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
weesel_sniper

How many draws do you have

28 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
110 posts
9,465 battles

Got 1 yesterday I'm at 57 , just wondering.

Edited by weesel_sniper
Spelling

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles

People that started back in Alpha/CBT will have a lot more since it was pretty common back then.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,758 battles
7 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

People that started back in Alpha/CBT will have a lot more since it was pretty common back then.

They should be a lot more common than they are, some times neither team deserves the win. Not as common as they were in the early days before people started to learn that a win in the hand was worth more than a possible kill them all win later though.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,446 posts
4,200 battles

Never had one in 2K battles. Now I think it's almost a bug when it happens, WG has almost eliminated them in WOWS.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles

You used to see it a lot in the single cap mode if the time ran out it was a draw.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
29 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Out of 2068 rando's, I have 29 draws.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
30,796 battles

Three in random, eighteen in co-op.  One thing that bugs me about how WG calculates W/L percentage is that they count draws as losses.   The result is that if you have an equal number of wins and losses with a few draws, rather than having a 50% percentage, which is appropriate, you will have a percentage of less than 50%.  Draws should count as 1/2 point rather than zero, as they are now.  

[WOLF3]
Members
28,272 posts
24,681 battles

I remember at Launch, maybe late Open Beta there were a lot of draws.  Lots of people complained about it and WG adjusted the system so that draws became much rarer.

[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles

68 draws over 9964 Random battles.  I fully expect that the vast majority of those were in Open Beta or just after full release before domination points were added to Standard battles.  At that time, draws accounted for roughly 20% of battles, IIRC.  Sometimes, it was because someone was capping out for a certain win, but then left the cap to go chase down that last enemy ship, thus screwing over his team.  But most of the time, it was something much less dumb, like the two teams just battering each other and neither having the ability to take their enemy's cap in time.  Adding domination points to Standard mode was desperately needed at the time, because there were simply far too many draws.

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

They should be a lot more common than they are, some times neither team deserves the win. Not as common as they were in the early days before people started to learn that a win in the hand was worth more than a possible kill them all win later though.

Very true, BrushWolf.  Sometimes neither did or do deserve to win.  OTOH, back then, there were times when  there were teams that DID deserve to win, but just didn't have time to get to the enemy's cap or to cap it out, even if they could get there.  Or those times when some schmuck actually was capping out, but cared more about chasing down that last enemy ship for more damage, thus throwing away a certain win (and more credits and XP).  These were the most frustrating, because your team had done what it needed to do to win, and had someone capping out for the win, only to have that dolt throw it all away.

Thankfully, with domination points, if your team does deserve to win, it'll be because they have a points lead and capping out isn't necessary.  OTOH, capping is still available for trailing teams to pull one out of the proverbial hat, and turn a certain loss into a miraculous victory.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,758 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

68 draws over 9964 Random battles.  I fully expect that the vast majority of those were in Open Beta or just after full release before domination points were added to Standard battles.  At that time, draws accounted for roughly 20% of battles, IIRC.  Sometimes, it was because someone was capping out for a certain win, but then left the cap to go chase down that last enemy ship, thus screwing over his team.  But most of the time, it was something much less dumb, like the two teams just battering each other and neither having the ability to take their enemy's cap in time.  Adding domination points to Standard mode was desperately needed at the time, because there were simply far too many draws.

Very true, BrushWolf.  Sometimes neither did or do deserve to win.  OTOH, back then, there were times when  there were teams that DID deserve to win, but just didn't have time to get to the enemy's cap or to cap it out, even if they could get there.  Or those times when some schmuck actually was capping out, but cared more about chasing down that last enemy ship for more damage, thus throwing away a certain win (and more credits and XP).  These were the most frustrating, because your team had done what it needed to do to win, and had someone capping out for the win, only to have that dolt throw it all away.

Thankfully, with domination points, if your team does deserve to win, it'll be because they have a points lead and capping out isn't necessary.  OTOH, capping is still available for trailing teams to pull one out of the proverbial hat, and turn a certain loss into a miraculous victory.

I peaked at 14% and the rate was dropping fast when they made the changes. I don't think the changes were absolutely necessary.

[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I peaked at 14% and the rate was dropping fast when they made the changes. I don't think the changes were absolutely necessary.

I guess that it depends on how you view draws.  I think that most players, myself included, at that time viewed the high draw rate as intolerable and said so … loudly … on this forum, causing WG to make the change.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,758 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I guess that it depends on how you view draws.  I think that most players, myself included, at that time viewed the high draw rate as intolerable and said so … loudly … on this forum, causing WG to make the change.

The rate was too high but it was dropping fast so they should have waited to see where it would level out at and then decide if what if anything needed to be done. For reference I have 109 draws in 10285 matches over in WoT for a rate of right around 1% which is what I feel is a fair rate compared to the tiny fractions of that which many players that started after the change have. they should be rare but not so rare that players may not even know they exist.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
110 posts
9,465 battles

That's what made me think about it, I haven't seen one in a while and it was  a domination game.

[BUOY]
Members
1,104 posts
15,289 battles

1, A standard battle which went 20 minutes and ended up with 1 BB alive on each team and each team having blocked the other's cap for the exact same amount of time.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
5 hours ago, weesel_sniper said:

Got 1 yesterday I'm at 57 , just wondering.

Well I’m not quite as old as you and don’t really know the exact number of draws. Used to be exclusively tighty whities, then as an adult my preference turned to cotton boxers. My career field is quite active and very physical so now it’s exclusively under armor compression shorts. Chafing sucks. All told I’d say I have about 20 draws between the house, my bunk room and my various bug out bags.

919F1D94-7E81-4B8F-81C5-5A41B19FBD8B.gif

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,339 battles

Had one in Ranked, that was rather annoying since we killed their last ship a second before our last died.