Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Idea for next years Halloween event.

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles

Next year for the Halloween event a ghost fleet mysteriously appears. Comprised of Ships that were sunk in combat and have come back, crewed by the dead to seek vengeance upon the living. The Warring powers have signed a temporary cease fire and joined forces to stop this threat to humanity and return the ghost fleet back to the depths of the sea from where it came.

A mission chain could be employed to tell the story of investigating the origins of the Ghost fleet and to discover what power is animating it and destroying it to prevent the Ghost fleet from returning.  

[GWG]
Members
7,213 posts
13,972 battles

Sounds like a late night Co-Op battle where all my team-mates are bots... And I'm in the only destroyer... Oh crap.

[SALVO]
Members
25,443 posts
27,398 battles
3 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Next year for the Halloween event a ghost fleet mysteriously appears. Comprised of Ships that were sunk in combat and have come back, crewed by the dead to seek vengeance upon the living. The Warring powers have signed a temporary cease fire and joined forces to stop this threat to humanity and return the ghost fleet back to the depths of the sea from where it came.

A mission chain could be employed to tell the story of investigating the origins of the Ghost fleet and to discover what power is animating it and destroying it to prevent the Ghost fleet from returning.  

This isn't a bad idea.  I don't know if people would think that it seems a little too close to the story line of the past 3 Halloween events or not.  That said, it IS Halloween, and one usually expects Halloween stories to have a certain undead feel to them.

Something that I'd like to see for an April Fools event, is a different type of sci-fi story.  Rather than WoWS ships in space battles as starships, why not try the following?  Set the story on an obviously alien world, two moons or two stars in the sky.  Nothing ghoulish.  A map sort of like the base map that the second part of the Halloween story arc, but under normal daylight would be interesting.  The scenery might have trees that didn't look like Terran trees.  And the architecture of the buildings would be strange as well.

As for the storyline, that's be trickier.  Maybe the player uses normal WoWS warships, while the bot team uses "normal" ships that have been modified similar to how they were modified for the Halloween event (i.e. with skins).  The bad guys' ships shouldn't look ghoulish (that's a Halloween theme).  And probably not particularly steam punk, mostly because that's been used too.  Perhaps they could have a steam punk look that was decidedly different from the one used in the Halloween event?  Or a cross between steam punk and spacey-ships.

Or heck, maybe it could cover a multi-year event arc, starting with an invasion of Earth by these bad guys, followed by an attack by Terran ships (through some sort of space warp portal at sea, of course) to defeat the bad guys.

Or HEY, may the bot ships and the bot invaders actual ROBOTS!  They could be autonomous robots (i.e. like droids in Star Wars) or their ships could be just giant bot-ships without a "crew" of autonomous robots (though there might be some lesser drones for doing repairs and such).

Anyways, it's an amusing thing to think about for the fun of it.  :cap_yes:

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

This isn't a bad idea.  I don't know if people would think that it seems a little too close to the story line of the past 3 Halloween events or not.  That said, it IS Halloween, and one usually expects Halloween stories to have a certain undead feel to them.

Something that I'd like to see for an April Fools event, is a different type of sci-fi story.  Rather than WoWS ships in space battles as starships, why not try the following?  Set the story on an obviously alien world, two moons or two stars in the sky.  Nothing ghoulish.  A map sort of like the base map that the second part of the Halloween story arc, but under normal daylight would be interesting.  The scenery might have trees that didn't look like Terran trees.  And the architecture of the buildings would be strange as well.

As for the storyline, that's be trickier.  Maybe the player uses normal WoWS warships, while the bot team uses "normal" ships that have been modified similar to how they were modified for the Halloween event (i.e. with skins).  The bad guys' ships shouldn't look ghoulish (that's a Halloween theme).  And probably not particularly steam punk, mostly because that's been used too.  Perhaps they could have a steam punk look that was decidedly different from the one used in the Halloween event?  Or a cross between steam punk and spacey-ships.

Or heck, maybe it could cover a multi-year event arc, starting with an invasion of Earth by these bad guys, followed by an attack by Terran ships (through some sort of space warp portal at sea, of course) to defeat the bad guys.

Or HEY, may the bot ships and the bot invaders actual ROBOTS!  They could be autonomous robots (i.e. like droids in Star Wars) or their ships could be just giant bot-ships without a "crew" of autonomous robots (though there might be some lesser drones for doing repairs and such).

Anyways, it's an amusing thing to think about for the fun of it.  :cap_yes:

I like your idea a lot. I do not know if this was a common occurrence but I experienced a bit of motion sickness playing the space battles. So I did not play them after that.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,611 posts
15,660 battles

My nine year old son came up with the idea to have us fight ACTUAL SEA MONSTERS. Granted, this would pose huge issues to the graphics department at WG, but I promised him on a stack of his favourite books that I would pass the idea on.

Sign in to follow this