You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joyous_Vibes

The agony of chasing snowflakes.

28 comments in this topic

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles

Playing low tier games and our Emerald decides to torp BB's both of which are 15k away... I say you don't have 15k torps...he responds, sometimes when I send them it forces them to change direction...I then say, remember, they can't see them until they are like 2k away..... "ah, good point" gotta love the guy for trying.

Mid tier games are not easy.....

• Funny 3
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,556 posts
33,707 battles

I did 90% of snowflakes in coop - indeed less stress.

Players that do not understand how torps work? Par for the course. Sigh.

• Cool 1

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
5 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

I did all my snow flakes in co-op, less stress

ya, but with this 200% win bonus I'm also farming FXP and captains xp

[TOG]
Members
4,081 posts
22,345 battles

Time issue. Coop rarely runs over 10 minutes. And you win 95% of the time. Random? It'll run to 15 minutes unless it's a curb stomp. and more stressful.

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
33 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Time issue. Coop rarely runs over 10 minutes. And you win 95% of the time. Random? It'll run to 15 minutes unless it's a curb stomp. and more stressful.

totally agree until the 200% win bonus just kicked in, have grinded almost 300k free xp in two days using camos and flags. Need a little more and I can get the Alaska and be disappointed with it according to Flambass. I am all about spending up front without researching my decisions and being let down.

See the source image

• Funny 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,569 posts
25,500 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Cirno said:

Well, think of those poor CCs with 300 ships in their ports!

Did 101 missions in co-op. Took three consecutive days of play. My collection is maxed out at that level until the RN CVs come out and RN CAs enter the game. All I am doing now is grinding free and elite XP and finishing up the Halsey campaign. I have over half a billion credits so no credit crunch at all. I was in Europe visiting family for two weeks so Dreadnought is out the window. Prinz Eitel Freidrich may or may not happen. When 8.0 falls I am going to evaluate what I will keep in my port and what gets sold out to trim down my fleet. I have enough free XP for Alaska so I am just banking the surplus.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,503 posts
11,213 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

Playing low tier games and our Emerald decides to torp BB's both of which are 15k away... I say you don't have 15k torps...he responds, sometimes when I send them it forces them to change direction...I then say, remember, they can't see them until they are like 2k away..... "ah, good point" gotta love the guy for trying.

WG should use the upcoming patch as an opportunity to prevent torpedo lead indicating from acquiring ships thst ste outside torpedo range; i don't know why this hasn't be brought up before...

• Meh 2

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

WG should use the upcoming patch as an opportunity to prevent torpedo lead indicating from acquiring ships thst ste outside torpedo range; i don't know why this hasn't be brought up before...

still helpful when ships are incoming yet out of range, like oncoming trains....but maybe change the color of the indicator to indicate if they would hit or are ludicrously out of range.

[CVA16]
Members
4,997 posts
14,957 battles
15 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

I think the indicator does show where the torps will run out of gas but you have to be looking for it.  The gray indicator does not reach the intercept point. Probably something a newbie like the one mentioned by the OP would not notice. Your suggestion would also eliminate locking on to targets out of range that will be in range by the time the torps get there (closing targets) and one of my main uses of the indicator, getting a better speed estimate for a target for my gun aimpoint. It also messes with the heads of those using their PT indicator to determine when someone might have launched torps at them.:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Sabot_100

[WOLFC]
Members
2,643 posts
14,497 battles
2 hours ago, Abides said:

... I say you don't have 15k torps...he responds, sometimes when I send them it forces them to change direction...I then say, remember, they can't see them until they are like 2k away..... "ah, good point" gotta love the guy for trying.

:Smile_facepalm: 

edit: at least he didn't give you negative karma ... that seems to be a common reaction to any helpful suggestion now days

Edited by DocWalker

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

Well look on the bright side at least t5 is a low as you have to go on tech tree ships for snowflakes.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
3 hours ago, Abides said:

My problem is when I'm in a DD or Cruiser and I'm between the "friendly" dingbat and the Red guys.  I've taken a fair number of friendly torps during my extended time in Snow Flake Co-Op matches over the past week.  Some folks clearly have no idea what their torp range is -- nor why it's a bad idea to toss out torps when there's a friendly ships right in front of them.    I mean I can see eating the occasional torp when I'm maneuvering to avoid fire and pop out in front of a friendly unexpectedly.   Yeah -- that's my bad.  But when your sitting in front of someone for  say 15-seconds or more and they still decide to launch torps at a target that's clearly way out of their ships torp range.   Its enough to drive a guy to drinking.       

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
21 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

My problem is when I'm in a DD or Cruiser and I'm between the "friendly" dingbat and the Red guys.  I've taken a fair number of friendly torps during my extended time in Snow Flake Co-Op matches over the past week.  Some folks clearly have no idea what their torp range is -- nor why it's a bad idea to toss out torps when there's a friendly ships right in front of them.    I mean I can see eating the occasional torp when I'm maneuvering to avoid fire and pop out in front of a friendly unexpectedly.   Yeah -- that's my bad.  But when your sitting in front of someone for  say 15-seconds or more and they still decide to launch torps at a target that's clearly way out of their ships torp range.   Its enough to drive a guy to drinking.       

honestly its like trying to reason with people in a nut house, you don't know what to expect.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,238 posts
22,261 battles
4 hours ago, Abides said:

Any tier can be pretty bad.  Check this Tirpitz torpedo run.

IBrogC1.jpg

I frequently watch the rest of PVP matches because it's very illuminating on the thinking process of players in a match.  Brilliant and dumb moves, good and bad luck, and all that.  You see good players to learn from and then you got stuff like launching torps into an island you're right next to.  I remember this guy because he was one of those "20km German BB Players."  He had Full HP and tried to clean up at the very end but was getting rekt in the very short, active battle time he was really a part of.  We still won but that Mogami trolled the sh*t out of the Tirpitz.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,909 posts
18,832 battles
5 hours ago, Abides said:

Do it in coop, what’s wrong with you?

Members
6,277 posts
19,822 battles
48 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Do it in coop, what’s wrong with you?

I was, there is just to much freexp and captains xp on the table right now with the 200% win bonuses to waste on co op.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I frequently watch the rest of PVP matches because it's very illuminating on the thinking process of players in a match.  Brilliant and dumb moves, good and bad luck, and all that.  

I will often stick around PvP after I'm kilt for the same reason. 

I hadn't really thought about this until now -- I suppose cause' I'm going stir crazy trying to complete the last of my Snow Flakes in CoOp (So many ships in my garage).  I almost never hang around if I happen to get kilt in CoOp PvE or Scenarios.  There's rarely anything useful for me to learn about the game by watching humans killing or being killed by BoTs.  

Members
1,257 posts
7,399 battles

Can someone kindly direct me to the link or otherwise describe exactly what we get for doing all the snowflakes?

I have looked for the description of this mission/event, but cannot find it.

Thanks

[CAPGO]
Members
743 posts
7,301 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Any tier can be pretty bad.  Check this Tirpitz torpedo run.

IBrogC1.jpg

I frequently watch the rest of PVP matches because it's very illuminating on the thinking process of players in a match.  Brilliant and dumb moves, good and bad luck, and all that.  You see good players to learn from and then you got stuff like launching torps into an island you're right next to.  I remember this guy because he was one of those "20km German BB Players."  He had Full HP and tried to clean up at the very end but was getting rekt in the very short, active battle time he was really a part of.  We still won but that Mogami trolled the sh*t out of the Tirpitz.

That was a valid tactic in WWII, often time they will shoot torpedoes to the nearest rocks to create splash water to cool down the main gun barrels. It also acts like WD-40 so the back turret will turn faster. Notice he is trying to rotate the back turrets towards the enemy

Edited by VVoony

[VW]
Members
3,909 posts
18,832 battles
11 hours ago, Abides said:

I was, there is just to much freexp and captains xp on the table right now with the 200% win bonuses to waste on co op.

I agree, but in that case we all know what to expect in randoms...