You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Investing doubloons on the CV rework and how to double your money. (Theory)

9 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
4,006 posts
6,135 battles

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS PURELY CONJECTURE AND THEORY, TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Since the CV rework is fast approaching I wanted to check if there can be any obscure way to profit from it, thanks to the compensations you may get on your CVs.  So while looking at the rules on this link something caught my eye: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

General rules for all aircraft carriers:

All upgrades installed on aircraft carriers, including unique ones, are removed and moved to your Inventory.

Upgrades that can only be installed on aircraft carriers are offset by their full cost in credits.

All the commanders of aircraft carriers of even tiers retrain and move to new aircraft carriers of even tiers.

All the commanders of aircraft carriers of odd tiers retrain on the new aircraft carriers at a lower tier and are moved to the Reserve.

All aircraft carrier commanders reset their skills. 

All the permanent camos of carriers on even tiers are replaced with similar permanent camos with the addition of new aircraft carriers from even tiers.

All permanent camouflages of odd tier aircraft carriers are removed and compensated at the full cost in doubloons.

This makes sense since odd tiers will be removed; what makes this very interesting is the current 50% discount we get on permanent camos of Tier V-IX. This leaves 2 odd tiers, VII and IX with permanent camos. The tier VII ones cost 1k doubloons, the tier IX ones 2k doubloons. What does this mean?

If the rules do not change in the meantime, you can spend up to 6000 doubloons on the permanent camouflages at a 50% discount, to get back after the rework 12.000 doubloons back. And because the XP spent on the ships can be refunded you don't even need to play them, just Free XP to them, buy the perma camos and then get your double doubloons and Free XP back.

Personally I am considering trying it out on the Hiryu.

I would like to point out again that this is purely theoretical and that you won't know for sure until the rework happens and all the rules are finalized. As with any investment, there is risk involved.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
18,141 posts
12,619 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If the rules do not change in the meantime, you can spend up to 6000 doubloons on the permanent camouflages at a 50% discount, to get back after the rework 12.000 doubloons back.

Be careful. I would not at all be surprised if you got back only what you paid for them. Remember they stopped giving full doubloon payouts for discounted premium ships a while back because people reaped (or arguably [edited]) the hell out of that.

6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Free XP to them, buy the perma camos and then get your double doubloons and Free XP back.

Can you even mount a permacamo on a ship that is not in your port?

[KWF]
Members
4,006 posts
6,135 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Be careful. I would not at all be surprised if you got back only what you paid for them. Remember they stopped giving full doubloon payouts for discounted premium ships a while back because people reaped (or arguably [edited]) the hell out of that.

Can you even mount a permacamo on a ship that is not in your port?

This is my interpretation of the compensation rules they state, which in that case mentions a full amount of doubloons refunded. Tomorrow they could change and be something else. That's why I am careful with the disclaimers and this is just a theory. I'm merely mentioning a potential way to further profit from the rework.

What I meant is that you can buy the ship, get the permacamo,  then when the rework happens refund the XP cost since based on the rules again you can get back the research cost. The permacamo stays on your inventory if you sell the ship anyway.

Edited by warheart1992

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

This also caught my eye.

Finally, if you do not like the new gameplay, or you want to go through the whole branch from beginning to end again, you can exchange your researched tech tree aircraft carriers for credits and free experience. You can also sell Premium aircraft carriers for their full cost in doubloons. 

At the same time, the exchange of the researched aircraft carriers will only be allowed in reverse order (from the upper tiers to the lower tiers). For example, if you decide to sell the Ranger, you will not be able to keep the higher tier aircraft carrier (tier X Midway). XP from the ship will transfer to the ship on the first tier of this nation. When you exchange or sell permanent Camos you will be reimbursed in the full value of doubloons.

I'm guessing this applies to all tech tree CVs with a perma camo option. If we choose not to keep any of the CVs after the rework then we can get doubloon refunds for their perma camos. That'd be great if true because I don't plan to play Ryujo or Independence again when 8.0 hits. Of course, WG has gone back on their word before, so take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Edited by Wolcott

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,795 battles

Publicly trying to "Work" the system may backfire on ya for breaking any "Terms of Use" policies perhaps you have agreed to...proceed at your own risk.

• Meh 1

[BUOY]
Members
794 posts
12,958 battles
2 minutes ago, C_D said:

Publicly trying to "Work" the system may backfire on ya for breaking any "Terms of Use" policies perhaps you have agreed to...proceed at your own risk.

I don't think restating how to possibly take advantage of a WG given in game offer, in this case the 50% off permaflage + odd tiered TT CV permaflage compensation (as currently worded) would ever violate the TOS.

Worst case is as the OP states and what WG means by 'full doubloon compensation' only gives back the full amount of doubloons paid in i.e. if you bought the Hiryu's perma for full price and the Taiho's for half price, you'd get 2k for Hiryu and 2k for Taiho. Best case is, of course, paying 6k doubloons now to reap 12k when the CV rework drops.

[KWF]
Members
4,006 posts
6,135 battles
10 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

It's also being discussed on Reddit.

Ah, thanks for sharing, wasn't aware of it.

Seems people aren't sure whether this will benefit all tiers. Still, something to consider.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Ah, thanks for sharing, wasn't aware of it.

Seems people aren't sure whether this will benefit all tiers. Still, something to consider.

I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this. It's not every day you get this opportunity. IIRC last time they reimbursed doubloons was during the smoke nerf, though I chose to keep my Belfast. The only worry is that WG might scrap the CV rework at the last minute due to overwhelming negative feedback, and all those doubloons would've been spent for nothing.