Sign in to follow this  
Hitlist_marksman

gold is being taken

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
11 posts
7,579 battles

HI,

I know you won't do anything about it but my gold keeps disappearing.I know where it goes but I have no control over it. The game automatically checks the box ( resupply with in game currency) on its own. I do not pay for anything like that with gold so please make it stop! I just hate losing my gold for no damn reason.I have probably lost at least 500 by now as I was letting it slide without saying anything because I know your response has always been "oh we can't replace it, it is not in our control. You must have pressed on it"Well please just make it stop!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles

The best way to deal with this problem is not to use automatic resupply for anything in the game. It only takes a few seconds to put camo on, a considerable more amount of seconds to put signals on the ship.... I find spending the extra time is worth how much the game would suck out of my account should I forget or inadvertently hit the wrong buttons.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,412 battles

Yes, make sure "Auto resupply" is disabled on your consumables AND your signals if you are having this issue.

When I equip them, I make sure to buy them with silver and ensure all consumables have silver shown as the currency they are purchased with.  I use "auto resupply" with no issues, however.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

@Hitlist_marksman 

sure they could change! But until they do Pay Attention! I for one always check for that and have only missed it once and lost doubloons in 3 years!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
43 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Hitlist_marksman 

sure they could change! But until they do Pay Attention! I for one always check for that and have only missed it once and lost doubloons in 3 years!

I have never lost one doubloon this way because when I started playing the game a couple years back, I also joined the forums where people at that time were complaining about this same problem back then...... 

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

@Taylor3006 Yes and they changed the default to credits for items that could be paid for with either credits or doubloons. It is not difficult at all to look at that check box since it does not appear unless you are using a premium consumable or economic signals. It is all part of situational awareness. Keep an eye on your wallet and it will be there at closing time.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
9 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Taylor3006 Yes and they changed the default to credits for items that could be paid for with either credits or doubloons. It is not difficult at all to look at that check box since it does not appear unless you are using a premium consumable or economic signals. It is all part of situational awareness. Keep an eye on your wallet and it will be there at closing time.

Course the use of the vague term "in game currency" is a bit of a problem... How many of those we have now? Eight? Nine? I forget..... 

The solution has always been simple, remove the ability to buy anything with doubloons from the port screen and put it in Arsenal. If that is done there can always be a confirmation before anyone loses actual real money. Normally I don't care about stuff like this, it never affects me. When Wargaming "fixed" the issue with the use of "in game currency" it kind of got under my skin because it was so vague. I hate people who can not come out and say what they mean, I find it offensive and in business it is repugnant. Replace the freaking sentence with "resupply with doubloons" or "resupply with credits" and I wouldn't find the whole thing so disgusting. It is intentionally vague to steal from the player IMHO. I could do the same thing at Walmart, just put a price tag of 700 on a pair of sneakers. Do I mean 700 dollars, 700 pennies, 700 pesos, etc but the real kick in the groin is you don't find out until you check out AND spend your money. The good thing about Walmart is that they only use one currency so we can assume 700 would mean dollars. But in a game where there are multiple currencies to use, this type of vagueness is unforgivable and again, IMHO intended to deceive the player and steal money. 

You can defend that kind of crap all you want Mudd, and put the onus on the player, I just find the whole thing disgusting because it is done intentionally. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this