Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Friederiz

Premium CV in 0.8.0 how different they are.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9
[QC]
Members
65 posts
8,066 battles

Hi everyone. With 0.8.0 Saipan, Enterprise, Kaga and Graph Zeppelin will all be t8 cv. Is there any significant difference between playing them, except the nation? Especially Saipan and Enterprise. Before they had severals differences, wich all make them very strong apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,303
Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles

If I have to wager?  The Enterprise will keep its gimmick but now be the only USN CV with AP bombs,  the Kaga will have the improved characteristics of her torpedo bombers, and the Saipan will maintain higher level planes,  probably Tier10 with the dual torpedo drop,  but only be able to launch smaller squadrons,  something in the realm of six planes at two planes per run, to compensate.

Zeppelin?  I have no idea what so ever.  Probably larger bomber squadrons with reduced performance per bomber but...that's an even bigger shot in the dark.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,953
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,855 posts
11,318 battles
15 minutes ago, Friederiz said:

Hi everyone. With 0.8.0 Saipan, Enterprise, Kaga and Graph Zeppelin will all be t8 cv. Is there any significant difference between playing them, except the nation? Especially Saipan and Enterprise. Before they had severals differences, wich all make them very strong apparently. 

They never let us test those ships so as is, no one knows, but given what they did to the tech tree lines - not a chance. 

Forget the fact that the tier 4 USN CV starts off with rockets and bombs even though those planes never carried rockets, IJN also starts off with bombs and rocket armed A5M's as well and both only send 2 or 3 at a time.

Tier 6 you finally get TB's, for some insane reason because aerial torpedoes were developed long before aerial rockets, But otherwise second verse same as the first. They just launch 2-3 planes at a time on attack runs.

 

Wash rinse repeat beyond oh, USN can apparently carry "Tiny Tims" and IJN has a DWT option that on my last play of them, was freaking near useless and better to not use and really - same with the "Tiny Tims". As the volume of smaller rockets was more reliable in hits and all and the DWT's require a significantly longer run time. 

So, considering they refuse to have more than maybe 3 of a plane type attacking - there is no way in hell Kaga and GZ keep their unique large groups, forgoing the idiocy that is Kaga which naturally has tier 6 planes going to tier 8. Because I'd rather have compensation in gold for the fact these fools are doing this nonsense and screwing up the tech tree this way because none of them have enough imagination apparently to make these tiers at least a bit different because they are so dug in on this console gameplay nonsense they don't give a damn what we think. Than put Kaga at tier 8, with her historical planes that will be slaughtered by AA, or giving of all things a premium CV A-historical aircraft because the entire point of premium ships WAS TO BE THE HISTORICAL ONES. Not some changes made by Wargaming to make them a tier, not what if's of had the ship been around longer, historical setups and layouts and modules. Least when it came to ships that actually existed. Saipan will likely have it's planes nerfed as tier 8's, and have the standard Attack, TB, DB setup of the rest, and lose all that made it unique because USN tier 8 is where 1000 pound bombs come in to play and all that. And E will just be another CV with all 3. 

Boring gameplay aside after 5 minutes it's arguably actually my biggest reason for being so vehemently against the rework now - they are all cookie cutter ships that play the same. Seriously, give me a cardboard box with paper planes that have national markings painted on they have just as much difference. And that doesn't even get me started on the fact the other ships, in the second lines, are going to be differentiated by stupid crap like putting out fires on other ships because that is absolutely what the YORKTOWN and ESSEX class carriers were totally known for. For being smoke dropping firefighting ships.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
45 minutes ago, Friederiz said:

Hi everyone. With 0.8.0 Saipan, Enterprise, Kaga and Graph Zeppelin will all be t8 cv. Is there any significant difference between playing them, except the nation? Especially Saipan and Enterprise. Before they had severals differences, wich all make them very strong apparently. 

Saipan and Enterprise willl have AP bombs, (along with torpedoes and presumably rockets) Graf and Kaga will rely on HE. Kaga torps will be high speed (50 knts), Graf torps and HE bombs will deal very high alpha dmg. Graf will have hydro, longest secondary range of t8 CVs (no, I don't understand why, when we will have no WASD control of the carriers).

But, all is subject to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
4 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Hopefully we'll see when it goes up on PTS

Premium ships are not (and will not) be available on the PTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,589 battles
37 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Premium ships are not (and will not) be available on the PTS.

Regrettable.  I'm sure some CCs will put stuff up early when it goes live then.  Maybe you can even try the ship out in a battle or two before deciding to get rid of it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
14 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Regrettable.  I'm sure some CCs will put stuff up early when it goes live then.  Maybe you can even try the ship out in a battle or two before deciding to get rid of it or not.

there stuff will be quite predictable, nobody has made a secret of their opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,589 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

there stuff will be quite predictable, nobody has made a secret of their opinions.

I means specifically how the premiums now perform.  I was in the TST group, I personally have formed my own opinions on the rework overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,600
[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Saipan and Enterprise willl have AP bombs, (along with torpedoes and presumably rockets) Graf and Kaga will rely on HE. Kaga torps will be high speed (50 knts), Graf torps and HE bombs will deal very high alpha dmg. Graf will have hydro, longest secondary range of t8 CVs (no, I don't understand why, when we will have no WASD control of the carriers).

But, all is subject to change.

How will manual secondaries work if you cant control the CV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

How will manual secondaries work if you cant control the CV?

they won't, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,589 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

How will manual secondaries work if you cant control the CV?

 

1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

they won't, I guess.

You can control it.  You'd have to designate targets between attack runs or abort one your on to designate a target if something is getting too close to your carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 minute ago, FirestormMk3 said:

 

You can control it.  You'd have to designate targets between attack runs or abort one your on to designate a target if something is getting too close to your carrier.

Have you tested this, or are you hoping for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,600
[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Have you tested this, or are you hoping for this? 

It is consistent with the CV test I did - but there was no obvious way to try given I didnt have a 10 pt captain, and that was the first test environment, and I thought they subsequently changed it (for the worse).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,589 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Have you tested this, or are you hoping for this? 

I was in the TST group.  When you aren't controlling your squadrons you are in direct control of your carrier itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
2 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

I was in the TST group.  When you aren't controlling your squadrons you are in direct control of your carrier itself.

But limited "direct control" even so. Nobody here seems to have been able to test out matters such as secondary armament. That said, only a very crazy person would spec manual secondaries on a cv, even on GZ. It is a waste of CV talents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,589 battles
6 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

But limited "direct control" even so. Nobody here seems to have been able to test out matters such as secondary armament. That said, only a very crazy person would spec manual secondaries on a cv, even on GZ. It is a waste of CV talents.

True on the matter of ManSec on a CV, but what do you mean by "limited direct control"?  While controlling the ship you adjust throttle and steer just like while you manually control a CV now.  You do the new equivalent of targeting AA (sector control).  It's even how you activated ship consumables before they put in a way to automate them while controlling a squadron.  There is nothing "limited" about it while you are controlling the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640
[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,672 battles
38 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

How will manual secondaries work if you cant control the CV?

 

36 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

they won't, I guess.

 

33 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

You can control it.  You'd have to designate targets between attack runs or abort one your on to designate a target if something is getting too close to your carrier.

Why won’t its basic form be any different than it is now? A target gets in range, the secondaries fire.

Any manual controls will likely be as someone said; you’ll have to abort an air strike or already be ‘in control’ of the carrier in order to use them.

By the way, NOT a fan of the update or the new mechanics; however inevitable the change may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×