You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Defiant_Act

Wargaming Account Transfer: WoW on Xbox

Wargaming and Console Involvement  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wargaming Allow Cross-Play between PC and Console?

• Yes (Pro: This would add more people to the search pool. No need for Robots like World of Tanks is testing. Con: You'd get console people?)
    • No (Pro: It would progress at its own rate. Con: Everyone will have different game performances rather than streamlined)
  2. 2. Should Wargaming Allow One Account to be Used for all of their games including those on Console?

• Yes
    • No

23 comments in this topic

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles

Wargaming,

We all know you like money. It has become less and less subtle as the years go by. Loot boxes, Black Editions, Premium Versions exactly like in-game content.  However, we also know that your overall sales and server activity are down on World of Tanks...on both Xbox and PC. So instead of gouging out your audience twice for the same stuff, make it to where we can share accounts. This way people can play your game pretty much everywhere, meaning they spend more time in game. Meaning, they will be exposed to more of you advertisements for in game goods. Meaning they will buy more stuff. Microsoft was smart to start letting some of their games being played everywhere. Now when they launch the Xbox app to play the game on computer, what do they see? Xbox advertisements for new games and services. When they turn on their console, advertisements for new Xbox games or services. This is something that should have been done for World of Tanks on Console and PC as well, but the cross-play wasn't there...now it is. So instead of watching all your games go the way of the Dodo, get ahead of this one. I like World of Warships, but you can bet that people who have played it on PC and also have a Console aren't going to want to buy the same stuff over again and have to grind for it over again. Every smart business knows that the best way to make a profit is to keep current customers coming back and using your product. New players will come by word of mouth and marketing. The core of your profits are and will continue to be from the base that keeps coming back, but only if you keep giving them reasons to. I'm begging you wargaming, please don't screw this up.

Sincerely,

A Fan

P.S.

I realize this would require keeping the games up to date with each other, but you've seen what happened to World of Tanks Console when you called it "a different game" surging the first year or so it was out...now even the console forum people are treating it like the same game. Just bring everything on the same page. It makes everything easier when it is streamlined...because Duh. 

Let me know in the comments if you agree, disagree, or simply don't care. At this point I'm just curious. Don't forget to post in the poll.

Edit: If this has already been planned on being implemented then I retract my statement and admit that in this particular moment, I am a dunce.

Edited by Defiant_Act

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,244 posts
9,694 battles

Same reason why other games don't allow cross platform due to different control capabilities.

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Same reason why other games don't allow cross platform due to different control capabilities.

The thing is though is that they have already announced WoW on Xbox and it is in Beta...so control capabilities aren't the problem anymore. I do think that Keyboards make it easier to access, but the amount of control combinations on the console should be plenty. See Elite Dangerous on Console for proof.

Edited by Defiant_Act

[MWM]
-Members-
293 posts
4,949 battles

Xbox Live and PSN will not do cross platforming. they tried to do that with ESO and a number of other games and the console ( live and PSN ) would not even entertain the idea.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,635 battles

The ships are completely different in WoW:Legends. T7 is the highest tier, for example, and it's not because they stopped the lines early. Iowa is a T7 ship there, if memory serves, and Ishizuchi is a tech tree ship.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

I definitely vote yes, but understand the answer is definitely no.  The console WoWS game is different than with WoT; it's a different game with different mechanics like how the mobile game is also different.

Members
909 posts
6,198 battles
24 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The ships are completely different in WoW:Legends. T7 is the highest tier, for example, and it's not because they stopped the lines early. Iowa is a T7 ship there, if memory serves, and Ishizuchi is a tech tree ship.

Correct they are set up very differently and are just not compatible with each other. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,244 posts
9,694 battles
1 hour ago, Defiant_Act said:

The thing is though is that they have already announced WoW on Xbox and it is in Beta...so control capabilities aren't the problem anymore. I do think that Keyboards make it easier to access, but the amount of control combinations on the console should be plenty. See Elite Dangerous on Console for proof.

Even in Elite, there is a limit on the level of control on the console compared to keyboard + mouse.

The level of control in console wows is gonna be similarly limited not in a sense of number of combinations, but on how well those combinations can be executed simultaneously.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

Gonna get real mad though if that game also gets actual manual secondaries like Blitz.  Not gonna regrind but will regret not just waiting for that one.

Community Department
3,322 posts
1,300 battles
3 hours ago, Defiant_Act said:

Wargaming,

We all know you like money. It has become less and less subtle as the years go by. Loot boxes, Black Editions, Premium Versions exactly like in-game content.  However, we also know that your overall sales and server activity are down on World of Tanks...on both Xbox and PC. So instead of gouging out your audience twice for the same stuff, make it to where we can share accounts. This way people can play your game pretty much everywhere, meaning they spend more time in game. Meaning, they will be exposed to more of you advertisements for in game goods. Meaning they will buy more stuff. Microsoft was smart to start letting some of their games being played everywhere. Now when they launch the Xbox app to play the game on computer, what do they see? Xbox advertisements for new games and services. When they turn on their console, advertisements for new Xbox games or services. This is something that should have been done for World of Tanks on Console and PC as well, but the cross-play wasn't there...now it is. So instead of watching all your games go the way of the Dodo, get ahead of this one. I like World of Warships, but you can bet that people who have played it on PC and also have a Console aren't going to want to buy the same stuff over again and have to grind for it over again. Every smart business knows that the best way to make a profit is to keep current customers coming back and using your product. New players will come by word of mouth and marketing. The core of your profits are and will continue to be from the base that keeps coming back, but only if you keep giving them reasons to. I'm begging you wargaming, please don't screw this up.

Sincerely,

A Fan

P.S.

I realize this would require keeping the games up to date with each other, but you've seen what happened to World of Tanks Console when you called it "a different game" surging the first year or so it was out...now even the console forum people are treating it like the same game. Just bring everything on the same page. It makes everything easier when it is streamlined...because Duh. 

Let me know in the comments if you agree, disagree, or simply don't care. At this point I'm just curious. Don't forget to post in the poll.

Edit: If this has already been planned on being implemented then I retract my statement and admit that in this particular moment, I am a dunce.

Sorry but we announced that it would be a separate project from the beginning. At the moment it has many differencies and we don't have plans to make cross-play or anything. So there will be no way to transfer any stuff from WoWS accounts. We simply don't have such possibility between all our projects. 
Thank you for your feedback, but the poll won't help here. 

• Cool 1

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
11 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Sorry but we announced that it would be a separate project from the beginning. At the moment it has many differencies and we don't have plans to make cross-play or anything. So there will be no way to transfer any stuff from WoWS accounts. We simply don't have such possibility between all our projects. 

This thing was being thought about for 3 years...how was this not considered? Also, what “differences” because thats what we heard about World of Tanks Xbox about that being a different game...then after 1 year of giving us that, they told us it’s the same game. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles
2 minutes ago, Defiant_Act said:

This thing was being thought about for 3 years...how was this not considered? Also, what “differences” because thats what we heard about World of Tanks Xbox about that being a different game...then after 1 year of giving us that, they told us it’s the same game. 

Look at the footage of the WoWS game that now exists on console.  It is different.  Not like with WoT where it was essentially just the same game but several updates behind and a few control and UI tweaks.

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
24 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Lastly, I realize you are just the current voice of Wargaming, but you have to admit, Wargaming has a fantastic ability of getting customers, but is terrible at keeping them lately. So wouldn’t it stand to reason to go out of their way to make it easier for people to play their game on as many platforms as possible? One universal account does exactly that. I mean I can’t be the first person to see this...right?

Edit: the primary aspect of this post to be taken away was that of the progress made on PC should carry over to that of console. And if a ship line or aspect isn't on console yet, then you say something like, "Sorry, but this is not currently in the game at the moment. When it is added, it will be updated according to our records of your account. Thank you."

Edited by Defiant_Act
  • Meh 1

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
2 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Look at the footage of the WoWS game that now exists on console.  It is different.  Not like with WoT where it was essentially just the same game but several updates behind and a few control and UI tweaks.

I’m literally just referring to progress. Like ship unlocks, premiums and premium time. It doesn’t have anything to do with the actual models of the ships.

Edit: then if a ship line isn't out right away just say something like, "When this ship line comes to console, it the progress attached to your account will be added into port. thank you for your patience."

Edited by Defiant_Act
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles
Just now, Defiant_Act said:

I’m literally just referring to progress. Like ship unlocks, premiums and premium time. It doesn’t have anything to do with the actual models of the ships.

Premium time is the only thing that could be transferred there, and still probably can't due to deals selling add ons through the console stores (i.e. War Thunder has crossplay but you have to have a specific account tied to PSN that can ONLY buy add ons there).  The game won't have the same premium ships nor tech trees.  It's why like I said, cool game and all but I'm not re grinding.  Doubt outside of some CCs this will entice anyone to switch, it'll just add the option for people who can't/won't play on PC.

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
1 minute ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Premium time is the only thing that could be transferred there, and still probably can't due to deals selling add ons through the console stores (i.e. War Thunder has crossplay but you have to have a specific account tied to PSN that can ONLY buy add ons there).  The game won't have the same premium ships nor tech trees.  It's why like I said, cool game and all but I'm not re grinding.  Doubt outside of some CCs this will entice anyone to switch, it'll just add the option for people who can't/won't play on PC.

Cross play was just an added aspect I through in. The main point I was trying to drive was the possibility of having our progress carry over.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles
Just now, Defiant_Act said:

Cross play was just an added aspect I through in. The main point I was trying to drive was the possibility of having our progress carry over.

And I have tried to explain to you why it is literally impossible to carry that over.  I cannot think of a simpler way of explaining it without feeling like I'm patronizing you, so I'll just leave it at that.

[DFUQ]
Members
31 posts
627 battles
7 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

And I have tried to explain to you why it is literally impossible to carry that over.  I cannot think of a simpler way of explaining it without feeling like I'm patronizing you, so I'll just leave it at that.

The ship line progress is literally a ticked box. When you unlock something, it ticks that box that you have it researched. When you buy a ship, that box is ticked that you own it. Theres no additional downloading and no additional content that is needed to be implemented. You download all the ships in the game when you download it. There for, which begs the question, how hard would it be, to find a way to make all those boxes ticked. Ignoring for initial content release of course. Lastly, premium time on the Xbox is sold through Wargaming. You have to buy it in game. Meaning that you don't do it through the Xbox store. Kind of like In-app purchases on your phone. The only thing, from my understanding, is that Microsoft is the middle man. In that example, like Amazon and 3rd party sellers. Amazon has the refund policies and what not to protect the consumer and the seller. Microsoft works in that way on xbox. Just there to make sure no one gets hosed.

Edited by Defiant_Act

[WOLFG]
Members
30,620 posts
9,250 battles
6 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

WT has it with PS4

I remember when they introduced the console players. For some reason, they put a "*" after everyone's name that was playing on PS4, and it was like a "shoot me" sign. The console players were initially easy meat, but as time went on and they got used to the game, that became no longer true.

But yeah, it can't be two different games.

Edited by Skpstr

[4HIM]
Members
3,237 posts
13,851 battles

Would be good if it could be under the same account.  Halfway thinking of snagging a console to try out.  Though I talk myself out of that quite quickly.  Had WG made it easier (just having unified accounts) I may have fallen in a moment of weakness. 

But yeah, WT is a cross platform game.  Not only that, one could port their account over to Steam if they wanted.  Another thing WG is wont to do.  

[LSNB]
Members
1,624 posts
4,777 battles
5 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Yeah, Ishizuchi is T3.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,635 battles
12 hours ago, Defiant_Act said:

Edit: then if a ship line isn't out right away just say something like, "When this ship line comes to console, it the progress attached to your account will be added into port. thank you for your patience."

The ships and tiers are not the same. T7 is the highest tier, and it's not because they stopped at Nagato and Colorado or anything like that. Ship tiers are different. Ishizuchi, a T4 premium, is a T3 tech tree ship. It's just so different that things just don't really translate well. Iowa is a T7, for example. I think Amagi was also a T7? That's a T8 and T9 at T7 if so, which would mean extremely different balance.

Heck, it's probably a large part of why CVs are gonna be every other tier, as console has less CV tiers available. Say you unlock them starting at T4. That's 4, 5, 6 and 7, meaning that they wouldn't get any space between like we will.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup