You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tazmann

Crossing bows

50 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
2 posts
3,082 battles

Listen...driving a war ship IS not a kin to driving car...Learn how to drive! IF, you cross my bow when I'm targeting an enemy ship...U are going to get shot at!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[USNR]
Members
2 posts
3,082 battles

Listen...driving a war ship IS not a kin to driving car...Learn how to drive! IF, you cross my bow when I'm targeting an enemy ship...U are going to get shot at!

[WOLFC]
Members
204 posts
8,661 battles

lol. I hope you like the color pink. Merry Christmas to you!

• Funny 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,596 posts
15,683 battles

Listen, driving a warship IS not akin to driving a car. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,596 posts
15,683 battles

Listen,driving warships IS not akin to driving a car...

[WOLF6]
Members
854 posts
7,914 battles
3 hours ago, Tazmann said:

Learn how to play ! You are responsible for making sure no one's in the way . Enjoy being pink .

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
5 hours ago, Tazmann said:

Listen, YOU are ALWAYS responsible for YOUR ordnance. If you choose to fire on friendlies, then you will be punished by turning pink to support breast cancer awareness. Keep doing it, and you’ll go orange, and locked to coop until you grow up.

More seriously, think of it this way: imagine you are focused on the enemy you are shooting at, dodging incoming fire or torps, then some muppet on your team shot you in the back of the head. Yes, you could have looked behind you to see where you were going and where s/he was going, but that would mean looking forward and backward at the same time you were dealing with a hostile. Whereas, your teammate only needed to look forward to see both the enemy and you - and to exercise the patience, courtesy and forethought not to nail a teammate. 

If you make an obvious mistake like that, you are most likely too tunnel-visioned and you’d prolly get punished by the enemy sooner or later anyway. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[VOP]
Members
520 posts
8,669 battles
6 hours ago, Tazmann said:

Situational awareness is a very, very hard thing to be aware of during the heat of battle...especially in this game. However you are responsible for your ship and it's projectiles. If you do not want to be pink then hold your fire so your team mate can pass by you safely. You can keep your ship away from others and also make sure you are not too close to another ship or you will eat it too. It is best to follow behind someone and not be along side of them if they choose to fire. The mini map is your friend in this instance. Zooming out helps as well. Good luck! :Smile_honoring:

[SOTHS]
Members
67 posts
11,878 battles

You know I can think of a circumstance where he has a point, you are shooting at the enemy 10 clicks away, then some nublet crosses your bow 10 ft in front of you rather than crossing behind you and gets a little damage

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,652 battles

I'm still in a Christmas mood, so I just laugh at some of the anger seen on this forum.     A couple of days ago in the Neighbors map, a Boise cruiser started honking at me because he ran into the back of me (prompting a pink warning message to him) while we were both busily maneuvering and shooting enemy ships (co-op) within 3~5km.     I just laughed at his honking, and didn't have time to type a message, but I was thinking, "Dude...I'm in an Alabama that doesn't exactly turn on a dime or accelerate like a Ferrari.     You ran into the back of me, and you're upset with me?!?!?"  

There's too much info missing from the OP's original gripe.   Maybe he's one of those dd players who hides behind the cruiser and bb, and at the end of the game he's still got 100% of his HP left?    Maybe he parks in the middle of a narrow channel, and other ships have to maneuver in front of him, as it's the only route available as they push forward?

Here's to happy ship killing to all, and to all a good night!!:cap_rambo:

Edited by ThumperD702

[WOLF7]
Members
12,504 posts
12 hours ago, Tazmann said:

Playing this game is like herding cats, stepping on them doesn't help....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Members
281 posts
4,474 battles
7 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

and to exercise the patience, courtesy and forethought not to nail a teammate. 

……...exactly/bravo

I think most of us take pride in saving a team mate at all cost!...……...shooting one because they in-effect shielded you from the enemy is simply pathetic.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,335 battles
6 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

What's wrong with touching tips OP?

There is no appropriate emoji for the mental imagery you just subjected us to.  I'd downvote you but you might enjoy it.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

There is no appropriate emoji for the mental imagery you just subjected us to.  I'd downvote you but you might enjoy it.

What the heck did you imagine and how is that my fault?

Members
164 posts
4,028 battles
1 hour ago, ThumperD702 said:

I'm still in a Christmas mood, so I just laugh at some of the anger seen on this forum.     A couple of days ago in the Neighbors map, a Boise cruiser started honking at me because he ran into the back of me (prompting a pink warning message to him) while we were both busily maneuvering and shooting enemy ships (co-op) within 3~5km.     I just laughed at his honking, and didn't have time to type a message, but I was thinking, "Dude...I'm in an Alabama that doesn't exactly turn on a dime or accelerate like a Ferrari.     You ran into the back of me, and you're upset with me?!?!?" 

Tunnel vision, political anxiety, and seahorse blinds may be contributing factors to ship maneuvering frustration and water rage.
Water rage is aggressive or angry behavior exhibited by a captain of a warship, which includes physical collision, unusually long activation of the ships fog horn, rude and offensive maneuvering, verbal insults in chat, physical threats or dangerous ship-handling methods, and intentional weapons fire targeted towards another warship, a goldfish, or a corgi, in an effort to intimidate or release frustration.  Water rage can lead to ship and player altercations, assaults and collisions that result in serious physical damage or even sinkings. It can be referred to as an extreme case of aggressive warship maneuvering (AWM).

How come a small water rage destroyer butt-rams a same-team Alabama and nothing happens, but same small water rage destroyer butt-rams an opposing-team Gneisenau and both ships sink completely to the masthead in shallow water from the collision?  Water comedy is defined as zzz...

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
10 hours ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

You know I can think of a circumstance where he has a point, you are shooting at the enemy 10 clicks away, then some nublet crosses your bow 10 ft in front of you rather than crossing behind you and gets a little damage

That does happen, but again it’s most likely because you’re too tunnel-visioned and not looking at minimap.