You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SympathyIVTh3Devil

TEACH - A clan for helping players improve and learn

15 comments in this topic

Members
175 posts
2,559 battles

UPDATE: Effective 1/5/2019 TEACH will not be part of the ADOPT group of clans. ADOPT and ADPT2 have a competitive element to them, TEACH will be strictly focused on helping players improve their game play and can move on to the competitive side if and when they choose to. I look forward to working with the ADOPT players as well as the people that have been helping on that end.

Been playing this game for a couple of years now and something I have noticed, especially over the last 6 months or so, is the decline in overall quality of game play. I have done my fair share of complaining in game, chat, etc but after being an ahole a few times (OK, more than a few) I thought that maybe, JUST MAYBE there is something I could do to help the new players and players looking to improve their game play.

Years ago when I started playing World of Tanks, I was terrible. Didn’t know anything, was not getting much better, etc until a good player ‘took me under his wing’ if you will and helped me improve to become a good player and able to join top competitive clans. With all that being said, I introduce the new clan TEACH.  TEACH is a clan for any players - new players or players that have been around a while - to come join in to improve their game play, division up, run scenarios, have training sessions, eventually get into some competitive scrims and help players to find the clan that fits their play-style if and when they decide to move on. Furthermore, the discord is open to ANYONE that is looking to get better, division, scenario, etc.

To other clans and good players: if you would like to help out, you are always welcome to jump onto our discord or hit me up in game. This is a chance to have a helping and positive impact on the WoWs community. I will take any and all help offered! If I need to add more TEACH clans, I will gladly do it! For Clans, if you are willing to do some scrims down the road and provide some constructive feedback, hit me up!

On top of all that, our Discord will always be open to any and all players, whether you are in a clan or not, that are looking for divs, scenarios or just to hang out and shoot the sh...errrr....breeze. Also, if you would like your own personal Discord "room", hit me up and I will make it happen.

Discord: https://discord.gg/7wfQBWm

Thank you for reading all of this and I look forward to sinking your ship in game!

Requirements: Only requirements are a willingness to learn and improve and be on Discord when in game.

Edited by SympathyIVTheDevil
  • Cool 4

Members
175 posts
2,559 battles
1 hour ago, PaladinOfArgyle said:

Are there any ship or playstyles that fit more into your clan (i.e. Do you require more cruiser players, or do you prefer people who always go on the offensive in games)?

Any and all types of players are welcome.

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

This is a fabulous idea for a clan. I've been looking for a clan that is serious about helping people improve for ages.

What times of the weekday/weekend (and in what time zones) are clan leaders/teachers most active?

Members
175 posts
2,559 battles
4 hours ago, Yasha said:

This is a fabulous idea for a clan. I've been looking for a clan that is serious about helping people improve for ages.

What times of the weekday/weekend (and in what time zones) are clan leaders/teachers most active?

Also check out ADOPT. Unbeknownst to me when I formed TEACH, this is something ADOPT was already doing, especially for players that are looking to get into CB. Fortunately, the admins at ADOPT have been quite welcoming and we are working together.

Beta Testers
64 posts
6,870 battles
20 hours ago, Ghatazhak said:

Also check out ADOPT. Unbeknownst to me when I formed TEACH, this is something ADOPT was already doing, especially for players that are looking to get into CB. Fortunately, the admins at ADOPT have been quite welcoming and we are working together.

Very cool to hear that you and adopt are working together. Anything to help improve the gameplay and awareness of pubs is a good thing.

Beta Testers
112 posts
1,366 battles

A little more information would be helpful. Exactly how does the TEACH program work, and how is that different from or complimentary with the ADOPT program? Exactly how do you go about making people better? What educational methods are used?

In addition, I can't seem to get any indication of what times, weekdays and weekends, the organization is available. I dropped in on the discord (which, by the way, is titled "Special Boat Service"), but aside from random chatter in #general, nothing seemed to be happening. There was no channels or pinned messages about procedures, rules or processes. More info about procedures to join, and what to expect after someone joins, would be super useful.

[GRB]
Members
1 post
896 battles

Would be interested in this as-well

Edited by Alioss

Members
175 posts
2,559 battles
19 hours ago, Yasha said:

A little more information would be helpful. Exactly how does the TEACH program work, and how is that different from or complimentary with the ADOPT program? Exactly how do you go about making people better? What educational methods are used?

In addition, I can't seem to get any indication of what times, weekdays and weekends, the organization is available. I dropped in on the discord (which, by the way, is titled "Special Boat Service"), but aside from random chatter in #general, nothing seemed to be happening. There was no channels or pinned messages about procedures, rules or processes. More info about procedures to join, and what to expect after someone joins, would be super useful.

Yasha- All valid points. I guess you could say I have held off a little since talking with ADOPT while we figure how best to work together + I don't want to steal their thunder since they were doing this well before I was. That being said, I would recommend going to their discord. The main thing I can offer right now is feedback on replays, which you can post in the ADOPT channel 'Looking for mentor'. If I am in game or on Discord, feel free to hit me up to div, do a training room, etc. I will keep this thread updated as we hash things out with ADOPT.

Members
175 posts
2,559 battles

Also, anyone is welcome to submit an application to TEACH to join, will help make communications easier if you are looking for help, advice, etc.