Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LTGSERIALBUTCHER

BFT & AFT PAY OFF!!

9 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
67 posts
11,762 battles

Had a 1K round in Coop

110 Secondaries hits and 48 planes shot down, I dodged so many torps, got hit with quite a few, used my repair and recovery judiciously

I am a firm believer in BFT & AFT, and I am running main guns accuracy, not complete secondary or AA build, wasn't even running AA or secondary flags that round

Didn't know a carrier had that many planes, historically accurate for a tier X I guess

took the Des Moines out with a secondaries

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by LTGSERIALBUTCHER
  • Cool 3

[KAPPA]
Members
2,799 posts
7,555 battles

Niiiice! Only ships I've managed to get results like that in are Mo and... Kitakazi, I think? Or maybe it was Salem? Ehh, either way, it doesn't matter. Good job managing to pull that off! Haven't been able to, myself, recently. It's so much easier when co-op isn't stuffed full of people, but even at 2 or 4 AM the games are packed since the update.

• Cool 1

[SOTHS]
Members
67 posts
11,762 battles

LOL I hate playing with bot team m8's

I take that back after this rare round, or maybe Im getting better??

1.png

[DDM_]
Members
1,553 posts
5,545 battles
2 hours ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

Had a 1K round in Coop

110 Secondaries hits and 48 planes shot down, I dodged so many torps, got hit with quite a few, used my repair and recovery judiciously

I am a firm believer in BFT & AFT, and I am running main guns accuracy, not complete secondary or AA build, wasn't even running AA or secondary flags that round

Didn't know a carrier had that many planes, historically accurate for a tier X I guess

took the Des Moines out with a secondaries

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Great, que the "Montana OP PLZ NURFZ" posts. 

Awesome game OP, congrats. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

You're burning 3 points to get a 0.4 second reload on those short range secondaries.  And 4 points to get your secondaries from 6 to 7.2, still very situational.  You be you, but this is objectively a waste of 7 points. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,799 posts
7,555 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You're burning 3 points to get a 0.4 second reload on those short range secondaries.  And 4 points to get your secondaries from 6 to 7.2, still very situational.  You be you, but this is objectively a waste of 7 points. 

AA range and AA DPS are also included, and as common as CVs in co-op are, AA can really bring your XP earnings over the top. I believe it was 20 planes giving as much xp as killing a player? I could be wrong on the exact amount, but plane kills are still a fairly valuable xp source in co-op. Personally, I always feel like it's a waste to not spec into AA in US BBs. They have free roam on what  upgrade to put in slot 3, so boosting AA or secondary range is basically free.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[SOTHS]
Members
67 posts
11,762 battles
37 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

When I am BB brawling I have got many kills with secondaries while i was low in hp and my main battery was reloading saving my bacon and sometimes in the thick of it my secondaries will alert me to a DD that popped up behind me out of nowhere

ps. I have a 19 point Captain in my Monty so I have to spread the points around where I think they will do the best to help me with MY style of play, in this game in particular no freakin' way would I have shot down 48 planes (surviving an endless onslaught of dive bombers and torpedo bombers) with out 100+ AA and rudder mod

My "Stand-off Gunnery but can cap and brawl build"

ps, I forgot i did have secondary mod upgrade running, just changed it back to plotting room, I thought I was missing more at long range than usual

Also I don't waste coin on extra consumables I rarely use, service and ammo on tier X BB is already way too high for way too short Coop rounds

1.jpg

1.jpg

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Secondary speccing is fun. . . and can definitely pay off.  Montana's secondaries aren't bad. . . but I wish they had some more range.  It's ridiculous that they don't.

The fun begins when you start getting secondary kills with your cruisers!  I must have a dozen secondary kills with my Baltimore at this point.  LOL

Sign in to follow this