You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Personator

Update 8.0 - Ranked and CV Rework

17 comments in this topic

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,523 posts
6,090 battles

I really, really would like to know the developers' actual opinion of the rework. I'll be dissecting the screenshots below.

image.thumb.png.185c5a56e4189257de72ac057223ef66.png

As it states here, you guys are happy to push out the new aircraft carrier gameplay because it's ready. Now, as for technicality, I'll be dancing around it quite a bit.

If you are happy that the new gameplay is ready, why don't you guys try it out on the upcoming Ranked Battles

image.thumb.png.c81fc738ad328465ed48fad5f1d08ed3.png

In all honesty, this shows a lack of confidence in the balance department regarding the new ships themselves, but a sense confidence in letting the players test the new gameplay. Furthermore, this is to test out Ranked Battles with the Arms Race mode. But the underlying problem with implementing both of these things at the same time is not knocking out two birds with one stone - what am I getting at?

Why aren't the developers letting CVs into the new Ranked? Might as well get to seeing how they fare in the new Ranked Arms Race and getting data as well. I'd like to stress out that a fair amount of players are dissatisfied with the upcoming rework, myself included. Sure, there's also a fair amount of players that are also dissatisfied with the current state of the CV class. But the further isolation of the class after the rework by excluding them from Ranked might as well point out to many current CV players that you guys just simply don't like / know what to do with the class as a whole. My actual point?

I think it's a complete waste of resources devoting so much to changing a core part of the gameplay and then simply not go about gathering as much data as possible on it, as well as incidentally driving away some players by not including CVs in the upcoming Ranked. Again, from my perspective, it shows a complete lack of confidence with Wargaming's confidence in handling the whole class. There's probably many more things going on in the background at the developers' studio with handling the class, but this is a really sad state to see how the class is being handled (as well as bad marketing).

(Then again, since I'm not a game developer, who am I to criticize? And totally not drawing from experiences with other games.)

Edited by Personator
  • Cool 9

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
Just now, Personator said:

I really, really would like to know the developers' actual opinion of the rework. I'll dissecting the screenshot below.

I too am really interested in this after my recent proposed rework post. However, it's clear it's way too late for any change and they're going through with it no matter what.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,373 posts
13,893 battles

The simple answer is there are or won't be any tier 9 CV's. Also you do not want possible unbalancing factors in Ranked.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KIA-A]
Members
14 posts
9,758 battles
12 minutes ago, Personator said:

image.thumb.png.185c5a56e4189257de72ac057223ef66.png

New aircraft carrier gameplay is ready

4 minutes ago, Fritz4552 said:

They already said they are going to have balance issues early on. 

Still have issues

FloofThink.png.399c295d1f3ecaac52f7d2b2953afdd9.png

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The simple answer is there are or won't be any tier 9 CV's. Also you do not want possible unbalancing factors in Ranked.

Yeah like those high speed. rocket stafes for example might be way to rush past AA light fires and zoom away. No way to know yet if some of the new mechanics could be the most bokenly OP or unusabable things ever or not.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,592 posts
3,816 battles

My guess is they want to run the full scale test of the CV rework, so they're pushing it live. There is no way it's ready. Personally I think it's a sound idea, but still needs a lot of work. WG is pushing this through, ignoring the feedback from players. If it flops, maybe they'll listen. Of course, it may be too late by then.

But I agree on not putting CVs in Ranked. Arms Race is new enough, no need to further muddy the water with yet another new gameplay element. I really think Arms Race in Ranked will be interesting. Force people to push up, and not camp. I remember that I suggested it as a Ranked mode, and most people laughed or thought it was a terrible idea. But apparently I predicted what WG would do for once.

Edited by AJTP89

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Oh lord, do we really need another thread filled with comical "expert analysis" on why CVs will suck, filled with endless hyperbole and projection?

War Gaming sucks at being consistent with what they're doing and how they explain it in writing. The CV rework is ready to start testing on live servers, and  be adjusted to fix problems that occur and improve the system.

It's going to happen, you can't stop it, and it's all because the current system is not good, accessible, or popular.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 4

Members
11 posts
2,788 battles
1 minute ago, Madwolf05 said:

Oh lord, do we really need another thread filled with comical "expert analysis" on why CVs will suck, filled with endless hyperbole and projection?

War Gaming sucks at being consistent with what they're doing and how they explain it in writing. The CV rework is ready to start testing on live servers, and  be adjusted to fix problems that occur and improve the system.

It's going to happen, you can't stop it, and it's all because the current system is not good, accessible, or popular.

They don't understand that. They will just keep making these stupid posts. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[EBOY]
WoWS Community Contributors
174 posts
11 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

10 minutes ago, Fritz4552 said:

They don't understand that. They will just keep making these stupid posts. 

Nice. Not reading the post and completely missing the point. 

image.thumb.png.29d0395cd3d24954af89b1728a4952ae.png

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[CUTIE]
Members
277 posts
7,035 battles

When you complain about how unfinished BF5 at launch was but "give it a chance to fix problems and improve the system" with the pre-alpha levels the CV rework is at

This post was made by the incompetent players' gang

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles
2 minutes ago, I_Miss_Reytes_Flightdeck said:

Nice. Not reading the post and completely missing the point. 

image.thumb.png.29d0395cd3d24954af89b1728a4952ae.png

My bad, I got through the first 3 sentences and the argument was already so bad my brain cells started shreaking from the pain.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

They don't want to think, just shreak, gnash their teeth, and scream "the end is neigh" from the top of their lungs.

And everyone who asks them to calm down do something helpful, those are the insane people.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[KIA-A]
Members
14 posts
9,758 battles

TL;DR of OP

WG said:
The new CV gameplay is ready!
But we will exclude them from Ranked as well just like currently they are excluded from CW!
By making Ranked T9 and there exists no odd CV!
Glorious!

Seriously?

[DIEBL]
Members
605 posts
7,510 battles

This feels like a numerology post.

It’ll be released in update 8.0 on the 23rd. But 23 isn’t divisible by 8, so it’s not ready.  Also, ranked will be Tier 9, which is one higher than 8, and since ARMS RACE has 8 letters the marketing is bad.  Simple math, people.

I don’t agree with your analytics of either the news post or the situation.

• Funny 3

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
4 hours ago, Personator said:

I really, really would like to know the developers' actual opinion of the rework. I'll be dissecting the screenshots below.

If you are happy that the new gameplay is ready, why don't you guys try it out on the upcoming Ranked Battles

In all honesty, this shows a lack of confidence in the balance department regarding the new ships themselves, but a sense confidence in letting the players test the new gameplay. Furthermore, this is to test out Ranked Battles with the Arms Race mode. But the underlying problem with implementing both of these things at the same time is not knocking out two birds with one stone - what am I getting at?

Why aren't the developers letting CVs into the new Ranked? Might as well get to seeing how they fare in the new Ranked Arms Race and getting data as well. I'd like to stress out that a fair amount of players are dissatisfied with the upcoming rework, myself included. Sure, there's also a fair amount of players that are also dissatisfied with the current state of the CV class. But the further isolation of the class after the rework by excluding them from Ranked might as well point out to many current CV players that you guys just simply don't like / know what to do with the class as a whole. My actual point?

I think it's a complete waste of resources devoting so much to changing a core part of the gameplay and then simply not go about gathering as much data as possible on it, as well as incidentally driving away some players by not including CVs in the upcoming Ranked. Again, from my perspective, it shows a complete lack of confidence with Wargaming's confidence in handling the whole class. There's probably many more things going on in the background at the developers' studio with handling the class, but this is a really sad state to see how the class is being handled (as well as bad marketing).

(Then again, since I'm not a game developer, who am I to criticize? And totally not drawing from experiences with other games.)

"The new gameplay is ready" it's not the same as we are ready to put it right into competitive by all means.
Your point of view is understandable. We appreciate constructive feedback but this topic can't be considered really constructive just as the comments below.
New mechanics will be implemented gently. We have already mentioned that tests can't show all the stats. Final changes can be done after implementation. We'll watch carefully and make them if it's needed. Please show some patience. 
Locked.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1