Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Florendo19

Musashi, get it before its gone?

13 comments in this topic

[RNDM]
Members
369 posts
7,021 battles

So I'm not a IJN BB guy but I am debating buying this ship from the Arsenal before it is removed. I am worried I will not like the play style but I also don't want to feel like I missed out on a ship that I know alot of people seem to enjoy. Should I spend my coal on Musashi which I may not like or should I save and hope for something else?

I do not currently have enough FXP to buy that way either, so it has to be Coal maybe some steel and the 25% coupon. My experience with BBs is mostly with USN and RN BBs to Tiers VIII and VII respectively. I have a basic understanding of AP shell mechanics and angling but alot of my BB driving understanding comes from trying to torp BBs as a DD. I generally try to stay in about intermediate to long range but I understand that the IJN line has much shallower arcs and longer reloads than both those lines so that will effect my effective engagement range. Any way should I get Musashi and if I do how should I use it?

[A-D-F]
Members
2,011 posts
7,232 battles

From a PvE mains perspective, I have absolutely no regrets about my Musashi purchase.  Her guns are very strong.  I have done over 200K damage more than once in a co-op battle.

She is a quintessential battleship.  Strong armament, poor handling, poor concealment.  Please do read LittleWhiteMouse on this before you buy it.  In addition, there are a few good reviews on YouTube.

Her citadel is oddly shaped which means taking the occasional citadel from unexpected angles and her AA suite is VERY weak.  The only mitigation vs. air attack is a fighter plane consumable.  It will scatter a drop, but that drop IS coming.  You won't be melting any squadrons any time soon.

I tend to look to cruisers or other BBs with good AA and try to stay reasonably close to them whenever there is Sky Cancer.

She is a good, solid battleship with no gimmick.  Easy and fun to play.

I hope this helps a bit.  It would be nice if you could test drive your prospective purchases, but word of mouth will have to do.

CS

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

I can not recommend it. But keep in mind that I am no longer a battleship main. I find the RNG infuriating. If you are used to and like the current state of battleship play, then you know of the slot machine hit or miss accuracy, and you'll like her when you DO hit. 

[TSF]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
213 posts
12,367 battles

I bought mine because of historical reasons but I am very happy with the ship. I play her more than my Yammy and usually enjoy the games. My Missou makes more credits but that ship has sailed.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,797 posts
7,555 battles

She's a bit slow to take into co-op, but she's a beast in random. Tried the heck out of her as a Turkey. Her special spotter plane is lovely, too, allowing you to keep it in the air more often than not, assuming you use the spotter upgrade and premium spotter. That spotter was a large part of why I wanted her, to be honest.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
635 posts
5,938 battles

Honestly, I got mine for historical and anime reasons.  Gameplay-wise, I'm not so sure.  Credit-earnings-wise,  you're golden.  Otherwise, a full-fledged Yamato might be the better option.

Members
2,255 posts

Personal, I wouldn't buy it. I have enough coal and FXP to get it... But wont be wasting my resources on a mediocre ship.

There will be better ships coming. You'er better of waiting.

• Meh 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
960 posts
8,976 battles

At almost 600K FXP myself and have been discussing this a lot with clan-mates so I very much want to hear more opinions.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,342 posts
4,721 battles
Just now, MorbidGamer said:

Personal, I wouldn't buy it. I have enough coal and FXP to get it... But wont be wasting my resources on a mediocre ship.

There will be better ships coming. You'er better of waiting.

The top performing Tier IX BB is "mediocre"?  You must be one of the guys who thinks she is an inaccurate BB.

(She is one of the most accurate BBs at Tier IX, tied only by the Izumo)

• Meh 1

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,573 battles

I was in your same position, and bought mine a couple of weeks ago.    No regrets.    Sometimes it's fun to play, other times it's hilarious.     With manual secondary guns and a high point captain, you're melting pesky dd's out to 10.6km with big rounds.    Now that I've played a few dozen games in it, I would have been highly disappointed had I not bought it before it went away.     Obviously, by the diversity of answers here, your mileage may vary.    I'm a mostly bb guy, and it fits well into my play style.  

Members
2,631 posts
4,235 battles

She's a T10 battleship whistled into T9.  She gets to ignore all the usual tactics employed by enemy BB's and punch right through any attempt at bow tanking her shots.  I groan any time I enter a match in a BB and see one there since it means I have to change up how I play.

WITH THAT BEING SAID,  we are about to see an influx ((Maybe moderate,  maybe massive)) of her major weakness,   CV's.  But considering we have no idea when she might come back or in what form ((Probably like the Missouri,  in pure gambling form)) it's probably a good idea to go ahead and grab her.

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

I don't go to the wows subreddit often because it's mostly just stupid memes. But occasionally they pull one off, like this one on the plethora of threads on this subject. Fwiw I think BB play is a little boring, but got it and am having fun with its "I don't give a f about your angling", high damage, and high credit earnings. 

image.jpg

Sign in to follow this