Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Heartwarming story of WG giving a great Christmas Gift to a wounded vet (from Reddit)

10 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

These two threads on reddit really made me smile and hopefully will bring a smile (or tear) to your face as well. Second is context to the first.

:cap_happy:

Basically, the tldr is:

• Someone suffered an injury due to an IED
  • They have had significant health issues
  • Their doctor recommended 4+ hours of video gaming a day as therapy
  • Their favorite ship is the Alaska
    • Apparently their grandfather served on it and they have a piece of its deck so the ship is super meaningful to them
  • Someone at WG gifted it to them

I don't know about you but I would so much rather see stories like this than most of the content here.

Merry Christmas folks and thanks whoever at WG saw and thought to gift that a wounded vet their favorite ship of all time.

• Cool 13

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
1 minute ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

That's one hell of a story. Happy to hear that WG made an exception to gift the vet an Alaska early. 

It really made me smile tonight :-)

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,834 posts
14,867 battles
10 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

That's one hell of a story. Happy to hear that WG made an exception to gift the vet an Alaska early. 

They actually do a lot of things for our veterans and war museums. :fish_aqua:its nice to have a company that does this sorta thing.

Members
201 posts
2,559 battles
8 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

They actually do a lot of things for our veterans and war museums. :fish_aqua:its nice to have a company that does this sorta thing.

I knew they did stuff for war museums (tank restorations, informative videos, oh god the tank is on fire) but this lightened up my day :cap_yes:

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
10 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Wow that’s awesome that WG did that for him. It does make you smile. I hope he has lots of great games in his Alaska. 

Yeah, me too.

I think it's worth remembering that some of the folks you play against aren't hyper competitive players too. Even as someone who is pretty competitive in general, I recognize that not everyone is and getting angry at someone who might just be a disabled vet playing a game for therapy is... well, kind of lame.

• Cool 2

[TSF]
Beta Testers
392 posts
13,535 battles

Thanks for posting this story, and Damn Well Done to WG for supporting this Vet.

Sign in to follow this