You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

110 comments in this topic

[X_-_X]
Members
30 posts

DD's need the ability to switch off Radio/Spotting similar to AA

For the love of god , if you play in a  BB or a CA  PAY ATTENTION 

Stop shooting vessels that have [edited]dozen torps CLEARLY about to hit!! I am so sick of getting kill after kill stolen away from greedy savages shooting at ships that will be dead in <10 seconds  

There are SOOOOOOOOOOO many other ships to shoot at  

PLEASE STOP SHOOTING AT ONES THAT ARE ALREADY DEAD

Radar is bad enough and this is yet another contributing factor as to why such few will play DD at high Tier 

WHY is this so hard to understand?????

• Cool 6
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 30

[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,777 posts
1,432 battles

I never do that in Co-op very unsportsmans like. 

• Funny 1

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,727 posts
3,883 battles
2 minutes ago, DR_WALLET_WHALE said:

No no no no , Im talking about torps CLEARLY about to hit , so yes there is absolutely kill stealing

If it's not dead, then it's not your kill and can still deal damage to your team. Suck it up.

• Cool 8

[GT99]
Members
716 posts
11,126 battles

WTH is kill stealing? Is that really a thing? Who cares who kills who as long as they are red? Isn't that the point? Is this one of the reasons (other than me not being good) I lose so often via steamroll? Securing kills is the TEAMS job, not the individual. If you want to play an individual game go find one.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
  • Cool 2

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,535 posts
10,372 battles

I hate it when someone drops torps into a ship that I was going to citadel.  So rude.  Darned kill stealers.  LOL.

Seriously though, if it's not dead yet, kill it.  Too many times I thought someone was about to kill a ship, only to have it live and be a factor for the enemy later on.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,531 posts
2,237 battles
9 minutes ago, DR_WALLET_WHALE said:

No no no no , Im talking about torps CLEARLY about to hit , so yes there is absolutely kill stealing

If the target's health is so low that someone can get a gunnery kill right before your torps hit, then you were clearly the one trying to steal their kill.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,201 posts
13,798 battles

There is no such thing as kill stealing so don't stop shooting until the target is dead.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[X_-_X]
Members
30 posts

Im talking T-X torps you pestilent children 

NO DESTROYER IS SHOOTING TORPS AT LOW HEALTH TARGETS unless they danger close .... why would any DD launch on a nearly dead target ??? Just to waste torps?............... we have guns too , did you know that? 

I should have known better then making this thread , its nothing but the same weasels that troll everyone's simple suggestions in EVERY comment , EVERYDAY!  Have you fools nothing better to do? You have all replied to my comments in the past the very same group.... its pathetic you're still doing it ! 

IF IT ISNT KILL STEALING THEN SURELY  YOU WOULDN'T MIND INTRODUCING THE MECHANIC THAT PREVENTS ME FROM SPOTTING FOR YOU ........................ SINCE IT WAS YOUR KILL ALREADY RIGHT ????  YOU HAD HIM SPOTTED RIGHT ????

Trash  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 8

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,577 posts
17,268 battles

Torps clearly about to hit?  Legion are the times I've been on the receiving end of torps clearly about hit that...run out just short.   And then there are those times I fired a salvo something like 15 seconds ago just as a DD runs up and launches on the same target.  Although the torps might be clearly about to hit, I can't recall my salvo.  My salvo lands, deletes the target, and the DD captain gets upset...over a salvo fired ten seconds before he launched.  

That said, I do try to optimize my targets.  If it looks like a friendly is going to finish a target and I have the luxury of waiting a few moments...I"ll wait.  But waiting has rapidly diminishing returns as a direct function of reload rate.  A fast firing cruiser, there is no point at all..kill 'em as fast as possible.  Waiting for an enemy to get another salvo across because a torp spread is going to kill a ship ten seconds after I could kill it is just poor play.

An alpha firing BB...I might give a few seconds if I'll be able to bring the alpha strike to another target in short order.  Given the abysmal turret rotation rate this is often only applicable when the second target is a short rotation rate away.  The rule is maximizing the kill, not making a friendly feel better.  Well, technically, the former should do the latter...but in a more holistic way.    

• Cool 5

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,309 posts
4,693 battles

Many times I've seen torpedoes that looked like they were a 100% kill from my perspective actually be a 100% miss.  I've been the one hit kill that got away, healed up, and came back to win the game for his team.

Next thing you'll be complaining that some BB or CA didn't save your bacon by killing the low health target that just dodged all your torpedoes.

• Cool 3

[B_Y_F]
Members
495 posts
11,844 battles

I don't really care about that so-call "kill-steal" thing since it doesn't really exist.

But I do care about 2BBs wasting their salvo to get that dead in 5s BB when my Asashio is under heavy radar fire.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,560 posts

While I don't really think "kill stealing" is a thing in this game... there is such a thing as a stupid or greedy shot when there are other targets to be had, often better targets. 

A ship that's about to eat several fish in the next 5 seconds, maybe leave it be and engage something else. 

The ship that's flooding, on fire, and grounded, with less than 5% HP left?  Maybe let it DOT out over there.  

That target that has 4 greens firing at it at the very edge of your range?  Maybe ignore that and take some shots at the red DD that's about to take you to the all-you-can eat fish-fry.

Etc.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
376 posts
5 battles

Unless your torps land before the friendlies kill them you don't deserve to get the kill, stop thinking you magically matter more than the 11 other randos on your team BECAUSE YOU DO NOT. 

• Cool 2

Members
485 posts

No such thing as kill stealing in this game. If I hit and kill the ship before your torps do, you missed. Get over it. How many times have I worked a ship down to single digit HP only to have some clown in a DD come along and get the kill with 2 meagre DD HE hits (I've done this, the salt is real). Fair enough, either way, that ship is out of the fight and both the "kill stealer" and I can go after another Red.

Edited by Noone_You_Know
  • Cool 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
495 posts
11,844 battles
24 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I hate it when someone drops torps into a ship that I was going to citadel.  So rude.  Darned kill stealers.  LOL.

Seriously though, if it's not dead yet, kill it.  Too many times I thought someone was about to kill a ship, only to have it live and be a factor for the enemy later on.

If they yolo and drop torpedoes in 3km, at lease that DD feel himself in danger and need to do something.

If they drop torpedoes in 10km, you have like 1min to get your cit before anything happened.

OP complain because torpedos take so long to get to the target compare to gun shells. So in this case, only BB(and CA) players have the chance to decide target priority.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

any time i've allowed a red to keep living in order to allow someone else to get the kill for whatever reason, it's come back to haunt me. so no. i will not ever stop shooting at a ship just because it looks like your torps are going to hit. if it's red and i have ammo, it's going in that direction.

• Cool 4

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,494 battles

To the OP:  It's all about perspective, many of which have already been mentioned.    Quite often, a teammate is trying to kill the ship that's about to unload a salvo upon you, and blow you out of the water....you're welcome.

As a flip side to your frustration....for those of us who commonly like to play bb's (me included) it's just as frustrating for us to wait 30 seconds for the main guns to reload, you get your ship turned just right, all turrets locked onto a broadsided target 18km away, and you launch the salvo.    Eight seconds later, right before they land the most beautiful citadel of your day, your target gets eliminated by a teammate...either another bb, a cruiser, planes, or yes, a dd.      No hard feelings, that's just the name of the game.    

Merry Christmas to all.    

• Cool 2

[TDRB]
Members
4,389 posts
12,511 battles
41 minutes ago, DR_WALLET_WHALE said:

Enemy ships are open game to all players on the team. Why do you think you have exclusive rights to that ship because your torpedoes may hit? BTW, overall stats teach us torpedoes miss 85% or more of the time.

A ship with a single HP can sink other ships.

[X_-_X]
Members
30 posts
27 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

While I don't really think "kill stealing" is a thing in this game... there is such a thing as a stupid or greedy shot when there are other targets to be had, often better targets. 

A ship that's about to eat several fish in the next 5 seconds, maybe leave it be and engage something else. 

The ship that's flooding, on fire, and grounded, with less than 5% HP left?  Maybe let it DOT out over there.  

That target that has 4 greens firing at it at the very edge of your range?  Maybe ignore that and take some shots at the red DD that's about to take you to the all-you-can eat fish-fry.

Etc.

Exactly ! To think people would argue otherwise 

Same people who prolly want better radar for "balance"  

• Meh 1