You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Botcha

Stalingrad the Clan Battle game breaker

55 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
246 posts
12,613 battles

Way to go WG! We're now facing 2-4 of these Cru....Battleships in Clan Battles. Game breaker! 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles

I already got told to shove it up my [backside] tonight once, and we've only played 2 battles so far before the great Discord server meltdown.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,994 posts
14,915 battles

WG gives an OP ship as reward to OP players. Obviously they want them to win even easier. 

As said: Working as intended.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 4

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,300 posts
13,887 battles

Look at it this way, some of the Stalingrads you are facing are driven by the likes of me, lol!

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
246 posts
12,613 battles
2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

ind this post ironic since RNG has 5 Stalin's and their 2nd team is crying about them.

We have 3 different clan shards. I'm in dash and we have zero Stalingrad, you face our prime then so be it!  

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

WG gives an OP ship as reward to OP players.

Stalingrad, OP. Pick one. It's not both. It's very easy to farm down and kill, in a coordinated environment. Especially with the mass proliferation of the Henri and how effective it now is. If you're having issues burning down Stalingrad's that issue falls on you.

My clan has a good handful of people with Stalingrad
, but even then they're hardly that vital.

Hell, even without Henri's they can be countered by good positioning and team play.

unknown.png

• Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles

LOL. Stalingrad has counter. 

Therefore it is not OP. 

Something wrong with the logic here....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Therefore it is not OP. 

Tell me what makes Stalingrad OP.

It's got garbage concealment, is large, has a very easy to hit citadel, can be focused down very quickly, struggles to disengage if you position correctly.

It has some good guns sure, but the guns only punish broadsides. If you're broadside that's your own mistake. Don't over push and burn them down then push.

It's not the ship that's OP, you're playing against very good players who are very good at the ship.

• Meh 2

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles
21 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Tell me what makes Stalingrad OP.

It's got garbage concealment, is large, has a very easy to hit citadel, can be focused down very quickly, struggles to disengage if you position correctly.

It has some good guns sure, but the guns only punish broadsides. If you're broadside that's your own mistake. Don't over push and burn them down then push.

It's not the ship that's OP, you're playing against very good players who are very good at the ship.

I haven't played against them much, I don't do Clan Battles, don't like the rancor it creates in the clan, and I stopped playing T10 because of stupidities like the Brokengrad and the incredibly dull, hopeless, and repetitive play at that level. 

I was merely pointing out that the existence of a counter does not make a ship not-OP. It's like arguing that Nikolai is not OP because Kami can torp it. Or Belfast is not OP because it can be dev struck in smoke.

I note that almost everyone who plays against it considers it OP and there are many such threads on the forum. There is something wrong with that ship. I dont believe people who have a vested interest in keeping it un-nerfed when they tell me it is not OP. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I haven't played against them much, I don't do Clan Battles, don't like the rancor it creates in the clan, and I stopped playing T10 because of stupidities like the Brokengrad and the incredibly dull, hopeless, and repetitive play at that level. 

I was merely pointing out that the existence of a counter does not make a ship not-OP. It's like arguing that Nikolai is not OP because Kami can torp it. Or Belfast is not OP because it can be dev struck in smoke.

I note that almost everyone who plays against it considers it OP and there are many such threads on the forum. There is something wrong with that ship. I dont believe people who have a vested interest in keeping it un-nerfed when they tell me it is not OP. 

These are the same people who think Shimakaze, one of the worst performing ships in the game at her tier at the moment is OP.

The community is great at not knowing all that much about balance or what it wants.

I just listed a huge number of weakness's of Stalingrad so what exactly makes it overpowered instead of just saying "Oh but others say it is!"

• Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles
5 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

These are the same people who think Shimakaze, one of the worst performing ships in the game at her tier at the moment is OP.

The community is great at not knowing all that much about balance or what it wants.

I just listed a huge number of weakness's of Stalingrad so what exactly makes it overpowered instead of just saying "Oh but others say it is!"

I could list piles of stats -- for example, take the top performing player in it, John the Ruthless of RUSHB. He does better in Stalingrad than all but four of his T10s, including most of his BBs, and has an 80% win rate in it, his highest at T10 for boats over 100 games, he is mostly a 65-70% player in other ships. Even for good players it overperforms relative to their other ships. 

But any argument is pointless because you will not accept any stats or other arguments that it is in fact OP, even though both its performance in the hands of good players and its overall performance scream that it is broken. 

I dont own a Brokengrad and I seldom see it. I don't have any ax to grind here, you do. So pretty sure no statistical or performance case will ever convince you. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,011 battles

I ran Stalingrad in 9 clan battles tonight. We won 8 of them. I survived 5 of the wins.

On only one occasion in one battle was I able to do something that I wouldn't have done equally well in Moskva. (50k broadside into a Des Moines.)

There's none of those 8 battles that we would have lost if I'd been playing Moskva instead.

We faced 2 other clans with Stalingrad. One was a guy with the same (low) battle count as me, but 55k average damage. I suspect he hasn't played a lot of Moskva. He didn't die first, but he died quickly, and without accomplishing anything. The other was a guy who charged straight in, ate a bunch of citadels, and wound up getting finished off by HE from our well-angled Salem. His stats were hidden, and I suspect there was a reason for that.

It is a very overpowered ship, but it doesn't require much of a counter beyond careful play. 

• Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,213 posts
13,844 battles
10 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

9FFB613B-A181-4789-9F15-8E9222E2D0F9.jpeg.483c2a4438063d388fad5c6c08e8db7f.jpeg

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles
39 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Therefore it is not OP. 

Well.....my personal definition for over powered has always been "something with no counter play".  There is an argument to be made for the Stalingrad being OP in randoms....but in the semi-controlled environment that is Clan Battles, I don't think the Stalingrad is OP.  The Stalingrad has numerous hard counters, and if you know you're going to be encountering it, there is no excuse not to be prepared for it.

*As far as the sentiment that it's not fair that some clans get access to the Stalingrad while others don't, I actually agree and am not opposed to changes to rectify the issue such as banning the Stalingrad or making it available to everyone via rental.

• Cool 3

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
23 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I could list piles of stats -- for example, take the top performing player in it, John the Ruthless of RUSHB. He does better in Stalingrad than all but four of his T10s, including most of his BBs, and has an 80% win rate in it, his highest at T10 for boats over 100 games, he is mostly a 65-70% player in other ships. Even for good players it overperforms relative to their other ships. 

But any argument is pointless because you will not accept any stats or other arguments that it is in fact OP, even though both its performance in the hands of good players and its overall performance scream that it is broken. 

I dont own a Brokengrad and I seldom see it. I don't have any ax to grind here, you do. So pretty sure no statistical or performance case will ever convince you. 

Good luck. 

I mean, I'm all for statistical analysis, but let's face it.

A lot of the people who play Stalingrad play it in full try hard divs. When they play, they intend to win and do well, much more so than other ships.

And even then, four of his tier 10s are still performing better than it. 

The thing with Stalingrad is it's like Montana. Very good at punishing bad players.

Stalingrad is exceptionally easy to kill by an equivalent player.

• Meh 1

[R-R-R]
Members
1,051 posts
9,928 battles

Stalingrad has made the meta completely unfun.

Too many high ranked teams are playing these multiple Stalingrad + multiple Henri brute force lineup. Can it be beaten? Sure it can be but it takes a lot of effort to counterplay than just adopting that lineup. There is also much more margin for error by playing that kind of lineup. It is very hard to mess up in a Stalingrad or a Henri.

• Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,994 posts
14,915 battles

Not sure how Henri can be considered on par much less superior to the Stalingrad. In equally competent hands Stalingrad brings so many more options. i.e. Having more radars on a team goes a long way toward neutering the  other sides DDs. Henri is faster and ...? Any ship  can be focused down. 

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Not sure how Henri can be considered on par much less superior to the Stalingrad. In equally competent hands Stalingrad brings so many more options. i.e. Having more radars on a team goes a long way toward neutering the  other sides DDs. Henri is faster and ...? Any ship  can be focused down. 

Stalingrad struggles to make use of its radar, is much easier to focus down and is very vulnerable to crossfire. Has low DPM, relies on AP damage and is very easy to kill in a brawl.

Henri is very fast, allowing it to reposition on  a map at will, has a very troll armour scheme which allows it to absorb some shells thanks to spaced armour mechanics, can dodge shells with ease, uses HE which sets fires and does damage at a much more consistent rate, can brawl well when required and has huge levels of DPM when using it's MBRB consumable. IFHE Henri is exceptionally strong for it's the ability to completely melt the Russian Cruisers, such as Moskva very quickly.

[CVMMP]
Members
293 posts
896 battles
3 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Some people just has too thick skull to understand. :cap_horn: