You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Stalingrad or save?

13 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,651 battles

To all owners of the Stalingrad I know she is a good ship... I know she may be considered an OP ship... but is she worth the steel if I do NOT play clan battles?   I played 1st season, I been saving and I may get enough next full ranked season to get her.  or should I save it for the next great thing?    I would probably only use her in randoms my CB days are long over I do not enjoy competitive as much as I used to.

I enjoy playing Moskva and tanky type cruisers.  I know she is not a Moskva.   So just an ask for all who has a good opinion in the matter.

1001848343.png

[OO7]
Members
1,419 posts
8,628 battles

If you enjoy the Moskva, you'll very likely enjoy the Stalin. Regardless of the rest of the drama surrounding her, they do play similarly.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,160 posts
4,952 battles

The issue with Stalingrad is, on her own...she's easy to kill...what makes her OP is when she hooks up with a clan with half a brain. It's all about synergy with that ship, it fills roles very well. Its not OP in randoms, its OP in clan because it's a battleship pretending to be a cruiser.

IMHO if you don't play clan, don't get it.

If you wanna join a clan, a good clan, having a Stalingrad is a good bargaining chip. 

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,463 battles

I'd personally recommend getting her if you can since there are rumors floating around that she'll be retired and her slot taken by the Azuma.

[BLUE_]
Members
480 posts
18,773 battles

If u say u like Moskva, u will like Stalingrad as well, they share similar gamestyles. Plain and simple.

Edit: Stalingrad is even stronger in randoms than she is in competitive modes. Since the enemy will make mistakes way way more often and players wont make ship builds JUST to kill u in specific.

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento
  • Cool 1

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,066 battles
7 hours ago, deresistance said:

To all owners of the Stalingrad I know she is a good ship... I know she may be considered an OP ship... but is she worth the steel if I do NOT play clan battles?   I played 1st season, I been saving and I may get enough next full ranked season to get her.  or should I save it for the next great thing?    I would probably only use her in randoms my CB days are long over I do not enjoy competitive as much as I used to.

I enjoy playing Moskva and tanky type cruisers.  I know she is not a Moskva.   So just an ask for all who has a good opinion in the matter.

1001848343.png

I would save it for the Azuma, a T10 super special ship is very likely to be sold for steel.

And Stalingrad is anything but OP. That's just a potato's excuse when they get destroyed by Stalingrad that are owned by more committed and generally higher skilled players.

• Meh 3

Members
3,714 posts
10 hours ago, deresistance said:

1001848343.png

It doesn't strike me as a particularly fun ship to play but I doubt there will ever be another ship this OP again.

[PHASE]
Members
6,258 posts
19,807 battles
2 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

I would save it for the Azuma, a T10 super special ship is very likely to be sold for steel.

And Stalingrad is anything but OP. That's just a potato's excuse when they get destroyed by Stalingrad that are owned by more committed and generally higher skilled players.

So, more committed and generally higher skilled players choose to use it because it is not OP? Do I have that right? They are basically slumming in it and trying to give other players a chance but not using stronger ships? In clan battles? Is that about the size of it?

• Boring 1

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
580 posts
16,733 battles

Stalingrad plays and handles like a fast battleship. Very powerful and accurate guns to snipe any target at long range. It bow-tanks like a boss, even against real battleships. But it does have some glaring downsides.

Stalingrad trades consistent damage for its fantastic railguns. It has the lowest DPM of any T10 cruiser. Bow-on targets greatly dimish your damage potential. Your health compensates for your low DPM in a cruiser duel, but duels are rare in random battles.

It has a massive broadside citadel covered by 180mm armor. This isn't strong enough to resist even 203mm cruiser shells at long range. Compounded by its massive turning circle, making a course change is a very risky move in the Stalingrad.

Stalingrad does not come with an option to mount hydro. Be very wary of lurking DDs (although radar helps somewhat).

Weak AAA means that you are just CV food. Can't dodge planes at all.

Stalingrad is even more detectable than Moskva at 13.9km detection. Very difficult to shake off unfavorable fights (being focus fired easily).

Her value in random battles is rather limited and not as overpowered as people believe. In clan battles, however, it stands as a pseudo-battleship and brings ALOT of health and firepower to a small engagement. Its true selling point is that it is a ship that breaks the 1 battleship restriction in CB.

[DIEBL]
Members
604 posts
7,472 battles
3 hours ago, Abides said:

So, more committed and generally higher skilled players choose to use it because it is not OP? Do I have that right? They are basically slumming in it and trying to give other players a chance but not using stronger ships? In clan battles? Is that about the size of it?

That wasn’t the argument at all.

OP, I’m in similar dilemma, but I’ve decided to wait for Azuma due to its conceal and reload.  I want my battlecruiser to have more of a cruiser playstyle than what Stalingrad offers.  Just research on my part with no hands-on, but that’s the basics of where I’m coming from.

Members
300 posts
6,969 battles

Yeah it's a pretty good ship.I would get it. The ship has its strength and it's weaknesses like all the other ships in the game.But like all hype ships players will eventually learn and understand how to effectively counting the ship.. which is mainly don't give broadsides.

Edited by Robinhood_
  • Meh 1

[AK]
Beta Testers
183 posts
19,055 battles

In clan battles , Stalingrad is focus fired first, and tends to die quickly. In randoms, she is OP. Be careful not to expose the citadel, and good to go.