You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rabidrabit

8.0 Cv compensation

46 comments in this topic

[STW]
Members
254 posts
17,423 battles

Here are the PTS notes.  So, You can exchange the CVs you researched for free exp.  If I understand it properly, you would essentially received free exp for each odd tier and if you wanted, you could exchange your even tiered CV's for free exp as well but you have to work your way from high to low tier.  Is there anything on receiving free exp for exp accumulated on each ship?   For example, If I have 100k exp on my Midway and exchange it back, do I receive 100k free exp or am I compensated just for the exp value of the modules?

Compensation

The rules of the changed aircraft carriers are intended to ensure maximum advantage to players, and the general principle is really simple: you have gained an advantage rather than lost something.

All of the old Premium Tier VIII aircraft carriers will be replaced by new Premium Tier VIII aircraft carriers with accumulated XP and Commander's specializations transferred. Premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga will be replaced with the new Premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga, that have been moved to Tier VIII. Again, all accumulated XP and Commander's specializations will be transferred to the new aircraft carriers.

A special category, Aircraft Carriers, will be added to the Inventory to display all of the aircraft carriers you've researched and purchased. If you don't like the new gameplay or would like to research the entire branch from the beginning once again, you can go to this category and exchange the available researchable aircraft carriers for credits and Free XP. Also, you can sell Premium aircraft carriers for their full price in doubloons. Please note: it will be possible to exchange researchable aircraft carriers starting from higher tiers. For example, if you want to convert Ranger, you won't be able to keep higher-tier ships, e.g. Midway, on your account.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,569 posts
5,021 battles

Essentially all earned XP is rewarded back if you sell/exchange a carrier if that said XP goes towards either module upgrades or progression towards the next tier. XP acquired at tier 10 beyond acquiring modules for said ship is not refunded.

Edited by Sumseaman

[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts

I would imagine depending on the tier, the elite xp will either stay on that ship at that tier even if you sell it. The other ships with elite xp will either transfer to the cvs in the tier below or the t1 of that nation. Regardless, I highly doubt any elite xp will be turned into free xp free of charge. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,931 posts

At least we'll get something for our time and effort when actual carriers are removed from the game in favor of a 2d arcade attack scroller.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,672 battles

As far as I personally am concerned, there is NOTHING that is worth what I have put into my carriers.

Losing a most played, favorite ship, (Bogue, over 1,000 games in three modes,) can't be compensated for by whatever pitance WG plans to give us.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,931 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As far as I personally am concerned, there is NOTHING that is worth what I have put into my carriers.

Losing a most played, favorite ship, (Bogue, over 1,000 games in three modes,) can't be compensated for by whatever pitance WG plans to give us.

I know that feeling -- I lost one of my favorite parts of this game when the USN AS builds were removed. 

All this time, I've held on to my carriers that were in port at the time, shoved off in "grey mode" at the end of my list, in the foolish hope that they'd realize their mistake.

Instead, they're doubling down on the mistake, and making carriers into brain-dead damage-farming trollbotes.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,338 battles
49 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Instead, they're doubling down on the mistake, and making carriers into brain-dead damage-farming trollbotes.

[Scene 1, the post-PT8.0 staff meeting]

Dev 1: Well comrades, results are in. Player feedback says not only are new CV boring, non-CV are threatening to quit.

Suit 1: We invest too much in this. No turning back!

Dev 2: In my spare time, I wrote code to remove strafe and add fuel limit to fix perma-spotting on old CV.

Suit 2: Good work. Now go to Gulag, you're fired.

Suit 1: Meeting adjourned!

[fade to some sleazy dive bar somewhere in Belarus]

• Funny 4
  • Meh 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,197 posts
5,002 battles

Does the CV have to be in port for you to take advantage of the rework? 

I got to tier 7 in IJN and tiet 6 in USN...if it comes down to it...I'll rebuy it all to get the free XP back. 

[A-D-F]
Members
1,435 posts
19,691 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I know that feeling -- I lost one of my favorite parts of this game when the USN AS builds were removed. 

All this time, I've held on to my carriers that were in port at the time, shoved off in "grey mode" at the end of my list, in the foolish hope that they'd realize their mistake.

I did the same as I was playing the USN CVs with the goal of getting to the Essex which would have been the CV to get to for complete air dominance but that all stopped when the USN CV change came about. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
795 posts
2,039 battles
4 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I got to tier 7 in IJN and tiet 6 in USN...if it comes down to it...I'll rebuy it all to get the free XP back. 

This is the big question... I really hope you dont have to own all of them to beefit from this...

[A-I-M]
[A-I-M]
Members
2,602 posts
20,616 battles

Will be able to convert a lot of XP for the doubloons for Enterprise, Kaga, and Saipan. Keeping GZ probably just to admire in port. 

Members
376 posts
5 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

At least we'll get something for our time and effort when actual carriers are removed from the game in favor of a 2d arcade attack scroller.

You can whine all you want it doesn't change the fact wargaming (and more of the playerbase than there are carrier players) hate what currently exists and what's going to happen will happen. If you don't like it, get out this is literally your only valid option to show your discontent because we know well wargaming doesn't care what you or anyone actually says unless it's a straight up riot. 

Edit: boo hoo, someone doesn't like the truth of wargaming and this update being put to them. Thanks for the neg vote buddy, I'll wear it as a badge of pride. 

Edited by TheNargacuga
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[WUDPS]
5,197 posts
5,002 battles

I'll see where my XP sits...if it's enough for Alaska...cool...if not...Daddy Venture got himself a Henri.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,672 battles

I usually call it 'sending a ship to Suisun Bay,' (the West coast, SF North Bay area that used to be a Naval Fleet Reserve center.)

Borrowing partially on what someone else said; I've been calling them 'cardboard boxes with dime-store balsa gliders.'

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I agree, just resigned to what they are doing and going to make it as profitable as I can for myself.  Like I have said before, I look forward to the hoard of doubloons I will get for all my premium carriers and camos. 

When I first got the Bogue, I hated her and was glad to be rid of the ship even though I did pretty good with her in PvP just before I gave up on that mode.  When they did the 1/1/1 load out, she became my favorite carrier and perfect for playing co-op. I will miss her and the Lexington the most. 

Planning on looking at the carrier campaign when it is released and may give it a go if the rewards are worth it. The idea of playing planes is pretty repugnant but will do it to farm worthwhile rewards. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[TARK]
Members
5,276 posts
2,153 battles
35 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

You can whine all you want it doesn't change the fact wargaming (and more of the playerbase than there are carrier players) hate what currently exists and what's going to happen will happen. If you don't like it, get out this is literally your only valid option to show your discontent because we know well wargaming doesn't care what you or anyone actually says unless it's a straight up riot. 

Edit: boo hoo, someone doesn't like the truth of wargaming and this update being put to them. Thanks for the neg vote buddy, I'll wear it as a badge of pride. 

Dude, even the CV mains hated it...and petitioned WG to make required changes.

WG refused.

I used the silver discount to buy up my old CVs and will get all the free XP they will get me.

I'll then go into the 0.8.0 in my destroyers and snipe the young fools trying to farm the directives.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,548 posts
23,672 battles
43 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

When they did the 1/1/1 load out, she became my favorite carrier and perfect for playing co-op.

This is the main reason the rework irritated me.

I played the 1-1-0 Bogue because 2-0-1I saw it LOSE more battles in Randoms than it ever won, mostly because it couldn't produce damage.

When 1-1-1 came out, I had already quit playing carriers in Randoms, and only did so in Co-op. 1-1-1 was like a godesend; Bogue became a true Co-op beast when that came out; and just as much one in the few Random games I occasionally played.

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'm wondering the same. I only got to the tier 5 though.

[AP]
Members
18 posts
7,330 battles
3 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

Bro, with 5 battles you are welcoming this change, and telling old players to xxxx off? Great job. REAL pride for you.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This is the main reason the rework irritated me.

I played the 1-1-0 Bogue because 2-0-1I saw it LOSE more battles in Randoms than it ever won, mostly because it couldn't produce damage.

When 1-1-1 came out, I had already quit playing carriers in Randoms, and only did so in Co-op. 1-1-1 was like a godesend; Bogue became a true Co-op beast when that came out; and just as much one in the few Random games I occasionally played.

I hated both of the original load outs for Bogue honestly. The 1/1/1 made her perfect IMHO and would use her in PvP to farm rewards or complete tasks after I quit routinely playing the mode.

A while back I suggested that they make a 1/1/1 load out for Saipan as well. Probably wouldn't fare well in PvP but would do wonders in PvE mode. Just don't care for multiple fighter squads, makes things too busy for my liking.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles

I still would like clarification on whether we will get doubloons for permanent camos purchased for tech tree carriers if we decide to sell. This would include the Halloween camos from crates we purchased.

A bit unclear on what happens to ship xp.. If I dump all my carriers, do I get free xp from the ship xp or does it just stay with the ship? If sell all my carriers then later on decide I want to play Langley again, will it have the half million or so xp on it that it has now? Will my Langley have the additional million or so xp that my Bogue has since it will be removed?

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,272 battles
13 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I can be a CV unicum!

I could go all the way through SuperCobra three times on one quarter back in the early 80's.....

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,799 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I still would like clarification on whether we will get doubloons for permanent camos purchased for tech tree carriers if we decide to sell. This would include the Halloween camos from crates we purchased.

A bit unclear on what happens to ship xp.. If I dump all my carriers, do I get free xp from the ship xp or does it just stay with the ship? If sell all my carriers then later on decide I want to play Langley again, will it have the half million or so xp on it that it has now? Will my Langley have the additional million or so xp that my Bogue has since it will be removed?

From what I've read today in dev blog and other places, it looks like:

1) Permacamos you bought for doubloons will be rewarded with doubloons; not so sure about the Halloween skins, although WG might choose to recognise them as equivalents.

2) There will be two options to get rid of your CV's. The first is to sell them for credits as we always do, which will theoretically allow buyback (except in the case of the Bogue); the second will be a carriers section in the Inventory, wherein they can specifically be dumped forever for free XP compensation. I can't be exactly sure what's going to happen to Bogue XP since she is being deleted entirely, though I am particularly interested to know. My gut feeling is that it will transfer to the Langley, in which case you can then cash it in via the new inventory section and convert the lot to FXP that way.

• Cool 1

Members
115 posts
7,604 battles

Ok, am I understanding this correctly...For fully upgraded Ryujo

Base Xp - 39000

311 - 4800

122 - 48

Ryujo (B) - 5800

Ryujo (C) -  8000

Fighters 2 - 2000

Dive Bombers 2 - 4200

Elite XP on ship - 130k+

So, i will get a total of  ~200,000 Free XP when I sell it back???

Thanks for the clarification.