You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tolasmar

Update 0.8.0 timing and free XP sale

14 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts

According to formal WG announcement Musashi and Kronshtadt are going away once update 0.8.0 goes live.  There's free XP sale going now that is going to last 6 days from now, and I don't want to miss my chance to get one of these ships, it looks like I can get one of them for a little under $40 if I keep playing for the next few days.  Does anyone know when update 0.8.0 is going to go live?

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Tolasmar said:

According to formal WG announcement Musashi and Kronshtadt are going away once update 0.8.0 goes live.  There's free XP sale going now that is going to last 6 days from now, and I don't want to miss my chance to get one of these ships, it looks like I can get one of them for a little under $40 if I keep playing for the next few days.  Does anyone know when update 0.8.0 is going to go live?

Wed, Jan 23rd. The current patch is 5 weeks long, so that makes 8.0 on Jan 23rd.

[WOLF5]
Members
857 posts
31,772 battles

If you look at the "Your Highness!" Directive, you'll notice it ends on Jan 22. It's very likely that the 0.8.0 will drop after that since that would allow them to remove the coding for the directive rather than keeping it in the 0.8.0 coding.

0.8.0's going to be sizable as it is given the CV rework so depending on how much coding the can remove by taking out the RTS interface in favor of the new rinse/repeat one. We may be doing an extended download since the Lunar New Year stuff is going to need to be included since that hits Feb 5th. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,158 posts
4,938 battles

I'm grinding coal to get Musashi, everything else...meh

[WOLF7]
Members
226 posts
6,024 battles

What is the Exchange rate for Free XP on this sale? 35 x1? So, It would be like 28k Gold to get 1M Free XP,  way too expensive.

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
1 minute ago, BlailBlerg said:

Musashi is 75k or 109k free exp? 

Musashi is 750k FXP or 179k coal.

• Cool 1

Members
11 posts
2 hours ago, demeflac said:

What is the Exchange rate for Free XP on this sale? 35 x1? So, It would be like 28k Gold to get 1M Free XP,  way too expensive.

Converting 1 million free XP does sound rather excessive, but Musashi is 750,000 free XP, and I am already half way there.  I would not mind paying 10,000 doubloons for T9 premium that will be no longer available.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
116 posts
9,263 battles

I've been waiting for the 35-1 fxp sale in order to convert whatever I still needed for the Kronshtadt.  On Christmas, I bought a 5-pack of Santa crates and won a Kron directly.  Now I have the 1st world problem of whether to convert Fxp for some future ship or wait for the next sale when there's something I know I want to buy.  Alaska isn't exciting me right now.

[ART15]
Members
14 posts
10,130 battles

I'm beginning to wonder if 1,000,000 FXP is worth paying for the Alaska, or any ship.  I really haven't paid a lot of attention to the development time of other FXP ships in the past.  It seems that we have been waiting a very long time to actually see this ship.  Like some others, when Alaska was first announced  I was very excited.  After months of waiting, not so much any more.  Alaska will probably be available for at least a few months so I think I will wait a couple more months to see if she is worth the asking price. To bad you can't buy steel with any excess FXP you've earned.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,113 battles
On 12/26/2018 at 9:04 PM, Kizarvexis said:

Musashi is 750k FXP or 179k coal.

I got my Mushi for coal using the 25% coupon, it brings it down to around 140000 coal.

A good boat and good money maker even in a losing game.

I'm hoping it will still be viable after the rework, it has crap for AA.

[BNKR]
Members
1,573 posts
2,090 battles
On 12/26/2018 at 6:23 PM, demeflac said:

That's assuming you convert all one million necessary. You'll earn free xp in the normal way as you grind, offsetting some of the expense.

[-PF-]
Members
44 posts
3,154 battles

Ok So if I was to grind out enough FXP to afford one of the T 9 ships,  Which is better?  Kronshtadt or Musashi?

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
4 minutes ago, mcraig66 said:

Ok So if I was to grind out enough FXP to afford one of the T 9 ships,  Which is better?  Kronshtadt or Musashi?