You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Redistribute captian points

8 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,406 posts
10,769 battles

It would be nice if we could pay a 100 doubloons per change to our captain builds in stead of having to pay 475 every time . In the long run WG might even make the same money as people would change it up more often probably . Many times I just fell like changing one thing maybe concealment expert for fire prevention or whatever . But I don't want to pay 475 or wait for the once every 3 month discounts to just to change one thing .  I think with 100 doubloons per change with the extra volume they would still do very well maybe better .

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It would be nice if we could pay a 100 doubloons per change to our captain builds in stead of having to pay 475 every time . In the long run WG might even make the same money as people would change it up more often probably . Many times I just fell like changing one thing maybe concealment expert for fire prevention or whatever . But I don't want to pay 475 or wait for the once every 3 month discounts to just to change one thing .  I think with 100 doubloons per change with the extra volume they would still do very well maybe better .

You can always test Cmdr builds in the PTS.

Also with the CV rework changing the skills for AA on non-CVs, I would expect a free reset for the CV rework is *probably* going to happen. CV changes happen on Jan 23rd on Update 8.0.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,591 posts
3,816 battles

I don't know about that, but it would be nice to be able to pay less and only reset a few points, say 200 for 3 points reset or 300 for 5. Irritating to pay the full price when you only want to switch EM for AR.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

I don't know about that, but it would be nice to be able to pay less and only reset a few points, say 200 for 3 points reset or 300 for 5. Irritating to pay the full price when you only want to switch EM for AR.

WG does have respec sales periodically. If WG does a free respec for 8.0 and the CV rework, reset everything and adjust later.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,591 posts
3,816 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

WG does have respec sales periodically. If WG does a free respec for 8.0 and the CV rework, reset everything and adjust later.

Yeah, I have a few captains I want to respec, waiting for the reset I assume is coming in 8.0. I doubt WG will change commander resets, it forces people to pay more money, makes sense financially. 500 doubloons isn't that much anyway.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,406 posts
10,769 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes but not enough . I really think if you could pay 100 or 125 doubloons a change more people would be doing it because it is annoying to pay 475 to change one thing that you might not even like . In the long run it could be a win win for WG and us .

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, I have a few captains I want to respec, waiting for the reset I assume is coming in 8.0. I doubt WG will change commander resets, it forces people to pay more money, makes sense financially. 500 doubloons isn't that much anyway.

Oh I agree. I would definitely reset every Cmdr if there is a free respec. I have a file with all my Cmdr skills. The skills seem to be changing enough that I think that there will be one. I also wonder if we will get a cheap upgrade demount as well.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Yes but not enough . I really think if you could pay 100 or 125 doubloons a change more people would be doing it because it is annoying to pay 475 to change one thing that you might not even like . In the long run it could be a win win for WG and us .

Oh, I would not mind it, but I doubt WG will do that. They do have a free respec every clan battle season. You just have to play a clan battle the first weekend to get the free respec. That may or may not change with the CV rework.

[SYN]
Members
3,679 posts
21,210 battles

It would be good to be able to respec specific skills instead of having to completely wipe the build and start from scratch.

And the doubloon cost be charged on a scale based on how many points you reset.