You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArtyAardvark

Which Premium to get?

10 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
50 posts

With the discount on Premium ships for gold in game, I am thinking of getting one or two. The ones I'm deciding between are :
 Ishizuchi, Japan t4 BB
Anshan, DD
Oct Revolutsia, Russian t5 BB

also Leningrad, Molotov, Warspite, Huanghe, Graf Spee...not really considering as seriously, but if anyone has an opinion...

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,351 battles

Leningrad is amazing.  Fast as heck.  Much recommend.

Graf Spee is unique, which gives her points.

You want a tank?  Warspite is a tank.  Slow, but her guns hit like Hulk.

Anshan and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya are both pretty good.

Now the bad...Ishizuchi is okay, but Tier 4 kinda sucks.  She doesn't dominate T4 like Nikolai, so why bother?

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,015 posts
6,155 battles

Anshan is useful since she has a 100%+ Free XP bonus on her camo.

Warspite is a joy to play with alot of history. The most accurate BB and overall a very pleasant experience .

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,546 posts
3,808 battles

Warspite is fun, good ship. Doesn't excel in anything, but good in pretty much every category except speed.

Molotov is hilarious. 180mm at T6, and has been known to outrun torpedoes. Fires for days, or irritate the hell out of RN CLs in smoke with AP and spotter plane.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
84 posts
10,455 battles

Ishizuchi is okay but I rarely play it since it doesn't contribute to Daily Missions or most event requirements, being below Tier V.

Anshan can be fun but is a little uncomfortable due to the slow turret traverse. 

Graf Spee is fun from time to time but plays more like a slow BB with torps than a CA for my taste.  I've taken to the Sharnhorst for my German premium fun.

I too am thinking about picking up the Oct. Revolution, Leningrad and/or the Molotov. 

Another boat I'm likely to get is the Blyskawica.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,142 posts
20,576 battles

Molotov is a fire starting, laser shooting nightmare.  Punishes bad position but harvests salty tears.

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I’m torn between the Sims and the Kidd... reviews seem to indicate that “C) none of the above” is the best choice.  A year of premium is only 12k doubloons though so that may be the best deal.

[5IN]
Beta Testers
40 posts
10,743 battles

Of the ones you suggested, I'd get the Anshan. However, I'd also seriously take another look at the Warspite. The turret traverse is slow, but she has great dispersion, hard hitting guns and good secondaries, plus she turns well!

I'd also look at the Huang He just for fun, not OP. Good luck!

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Beta Testers
40 posts
10,743 battles
1 minute ago, galspanic said:

I’m torn between the Sims and the Kidd... reviews seem to indicate that “C) none of the above” is the best choice.  A year of premium is only 12k doubloons though so that may be the best deal.

The Kidd is a ton of fun, you just might want a dedicated captain for her, the other issue is with the CV rework, no one knows how that will effect her amazing AA.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,841 battles

I have just about every prem, would suggest out of your list Leningrad, lots of fun - really good teacher for Russian DD line.  Or Molotov- great tier 6 cruiser- those 180s are amazing at that tier and good trainer for learning how to play Cruisers. 

• Cool 2