You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Why dont they let us know when the Alaska is to be released?

83 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,287 posts
35,872 battles

I know there has to be some reason.  Dose any one know why WG wont at least tell us an approximant time it is supposed to be introduced into the game?  Or have they told us and I missed it?   I mean, is there some type of marketing strat or timing that video games go by?

Members
5,144 posts

After the complete shitstorms on the forum lately about them changing a release date or two after announcing them...I doubt they're going to announce anything till they're completely sure when it's going to happen.

Edited by mavfin87

[S0L0]
Members
304 posts
7,531 battles

The last we heard was the price (1 million Free XP) fallowed by "soon"

So..it can be tomorrow, or the day the sun dies.

I really don't know why they didn't release her over the Holidays or why they are so vague about it all in the first place. The latest date for the Alaska to drop is when 8.0 drops alongside the carrier rework...hopefully anyway.

• Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
818 posts
13,542 battles

PEF dropped for t6 ranked sprint So id say Alaska would be there for t9 ranked. I'm just happy they told us the currency.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
55 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

After the complete shitstorms on the forum lately about them changing a release date or two after announcing them...I doubt they're going to announce anything till they're completely sure when it's going to happen.

This ^^^

With the 1:35 FXP conversion on right now, I would say by Jan 23rd as a SWAG. Could be later tho.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles

I'm holding out for the USS Guam.  Its supposed to be the same, except different.  

• Funny 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,426 battles

Because we like to keep you guessing ;)

In all seriousness, because sometimes plans change. As mentioned above we’ve previously revealed release times for them to change last moment due to circumstances, which has caused significant unrest. 

By leaving the date a secret it provides flexibility for us to release at the best time for the community, depending on other events and other ship releases.

We appreciate the enthusiasm for the highly anticipated Alaska, I can now freely tell you she will be released... Soon

Fem, 

P.S. If you missed the Dev blog we have confirmed she will be available for 1 million FXP.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 4
  • Meh 8

[WOLF5]
Members
3,579 posts
3,808 battles
3 minutes ago, Visidious said:

Right before the next ranked season which is T9 is my guess

That's my guess as well. Would be the logical thing, and WG has done that sort of thing before. I'll get her, but the Missouri is what I'm taking to ranked. I'm surprise they went with T9, there's going to be a lot of MOs Krons, Musashis, probably more than a few Alaskas, and anyone who has a Black will bring it. Aside from a few Fletchers and Iowas I'm thinking it's going to be very expensive ships. Just please don't bring an Izumo.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

That's my guess as well. Would be the logical thing, and WG has done that sort of thing before. I'll get her, but the Missouri is what I'm taking to ranked. I'm surprise they went with T9, there's going to be a lot of MOs Krons, Musashis, probably more than a few Alaskas, and anyone who has a Black will bring it. Aside from a few Fletchers and Iowas I'm thinking it's going to be very expensive ships. Just please don't bring an Izumo.

And no CVs in T9 Ranked as it looks to happen after the rework in 8.0 on Jan 23rd.

[TWFT]
Members
1,287 posts
35,872 battles
13 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Because we like to keep you guessing ;)

In all seriousness, because sometimes plans change. As mentioned above we’ve previously revealed release times for them to change last moment due to circumstances, which has caused significant unrest. 

By leaving the date a secret it provides flexibility for us to release at the best time for the community, depending on other events and other ship releases.

We appreciate the enthusiasm for the highly anticipated Alaska, I can now freely tell you she will be released... Soon

Fem, 

P.S. If you missed the Dev blog we have confirmed she will be available for 1 million FXP.

Thank you Fem!  I get the position that WG is in, thanks for making it clear.

And thanks for all the info from the rest of the community.  :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,358 posts
13,879 battles
33 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Soontm

5 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Forgot the trademark.

True and fixed.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,579 posts
3,808 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

And no CVs in T9 Ranked as it looks to happen after the rework in 8.0 on Jan 23rd.

Ah, that's right, no odd tier CVs. Good thing I'm leveling a survival captain for USN BBs.

Random thought, have they said how MM will work with CVs only every other tier?

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

Ah, that's right, no odd tier CVs. Good thing I'm leveling a survival captain for USN BBs.

Random thought, have they said how MM will work with CVs only every other tier?

Not to my knowledge, no. I would expect only same tier CVs to fight each other, so you will still see CVs in odd tiered ships for Random and Co-op. Just not in modes restricted to an odd tier of 5, 7, or 9.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,579 posts
3,808 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not to my knowledge, no. I would expect only same tier CVs to fight each other, so you will still see CVs in odd tiered ships for Random and Co-op. Just not in modes restricted to an odd tier of 5, 7, or 9.

We're really going back and forth right now:Smile_teethhappy:

I guessed that, but I was more referring to how they'll tier with other ships, like will T7 be more likely to see T8 or T6, and would you expect to be uptiered or downtiered in CVs. Probably we'll just have to wait and see how it works out with the populations.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

We're really going back and forth right now:Smile_teethhappy:

I guessed that, but I was more referring to how they'll tier with other ships, like will T7 be more likely to see T8 or T6, and would you expect to be uptiered or downtiered in CVs. Probably we'll just have to wait and see how it works out with the populations.

Yeah. I think it will really depend on the tiers people play and how many decide to play CVs after the rework. It is fun and much easier than trying to control 5 or more squadrons of planes. But I'm not sure how popular it will be.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, littlejo1983 said:

My question is why is it going for 1 millon fxp when all the others were 750k?

Because all the draconic flags have been added because people wanted to get FXP faster.

• Meh 1