You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gear_Jamer

Play style

8 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
125 posts
6,064 battles

In all honesty i really don't know my play style is all i know is i need ships that are tuff can hit back and do good damage i know some of you well look at my stats please do so i understand that German are good brawlers but i am trying to get better at this game and sometimes i think i should not play but it is fun.

And i probably start from lower tiers and work my way up my driving not good awareness not that good either with dd i run into island still i don't know guess really i am not good at this game at all .

Edited by Gear_Jamer

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,087 posts
5,777 battles

I wouldn't let whether or not I was "good" at a game dictate if I felt like i should be playing it.   If that was the reality of gaming there wouldn't be very many players playing any of them.  If you are enjoying keep playing!    Good luck    I suppose you've picked a good place to start improving if you can ignore the forum trolling any less than uni level player gets when asking this question.   I'd start by divisioning with some better players in similar class ships..  hang tight and watch what they do that is effective.   Try and incorporate those habits into your own play style.        

Members
323 posts

welcome to the forums!  if you find yourself dying too quickly and not contributing anything to the team, they have co-op mode.  you should look into that.  have a blessed stay!  

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
125 posts
6,064 battles

I have watched youtube video noster ichase urpeackeeper on how to play theses ships i got what it boils down to is me learning how to drive them my way you know hands on but i i think needs to stop on this game are the a hole in chat by telling me i suck moron and so forth yes i know i am bad dang .

Oh i have also been trying to do rank also .

Edited by Gear_Jamer

Members
6,284 posts
19,833 battles
27 minutes ago, Gear_Jamer said:

In all honesty i really don't know my play style is all i know is i need ships that are tuff can hit back and do good damage i know some of you well look at my stats please do so i understand that German are good brawlers but i am trying to get better at this game and sometimes i think i should not play but it is fun.

And i probably start from lower tiers and work my way up my driving not good awareness not that good either with dd i run into island still i don't know guess really i am not good at this game at all .

Try to make small changes to the way you play. Sometimes not shooting is the best thing you can do. Keep experimenting with different playstyles. You will find one that you like and you do well with.

Captains skills make a big difference. Hang in there!

[-BUI-]
Members
1,639 posts
4,981 battles
47 minutes ago, Gear_Jamer said:

I looked up your stats, just so we're on the same page.

I think first and foremost you need to change how you are approaching the game in general, your stats are...well, they are really bad (I'm being nice here).

Standouts are your very low PR rating (which basically is a rating that says how much you were contributing to your team) and that your survival rate is lower than your win-rate, meaning you are dying a LOT while also not really doing any damage either, I'd suspect you're one of the first 3 to die on your team in nearly every game you play, probably while taking shells from 4-5 ships...am I on the right track here?

1: Start focusing more on your survival and staying alive until the match ends (win or lose).  This does not mean hiding in the back of the map but does it means not charging forward full steam to your death either.    The islands are there for a reason, use them as cover, use them to drop detection, fire over them WHENEVER POSSIBLE.    A ship that stays alive and does 0 damage contributes WAY more to a win than a ship that does 20,000 and dies.   Focusing on survival first and damage second, after all, the longer you live, the more damage you can do.

2:  Play something besides Battleships.    Battleships require careful thought out play, where am I gonna go, what am I gonna do when I get there, how to I escape?, are there Torpedoes on the way to me?   Etc etc.    Play more Destroyers, they are vital to learning to be better at the game, because they'll teach you the fundamentals of the concealment system, which is something you can almost ignore in the world of Battleships because just you're just detected nearly all the time they are also more forgiving in that you can pop smoke and escape a bad situation.      I didn't start getting good until I got good at Destroyers, after that everything else fell into place.     You should also probably play more cruisers, stats say thats your best ship class based on PR.

3:  Use your map!    I suspect you aren't using it enough right now.   Hit plus (+) on your keyboard and make it bigger, click the gear in the top right corner and turn on last known position and whatever "circles" you might need....for DDs Torpedo range is a great one to have active, for example, or AA detection.    Using your map effectively can tip you off that you're about to sail into certain death and give you time to turn around.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 2

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Members
125 posts
6,064 battles

I told you i was bad and i know that your are fine this is what i need i have been playing DD cruiser i use to play BB alot but lol not good with them either oh and what it really boils down to also playing smart. maybe if i could do that thing get better as well 

Edited by Gear_Jamer