You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

AA Questions

2 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles

Have some questions regarding AA and with some concerns about the rework threading my Graf Spee possibly more than current CVs do, I am looking into what may help. Would AFT be best or BFT + the skill that gives second Cat Fighter in the air? I know Graf Spee will never be an Atlanta of course, but if you wing a few extra planes you can spook a nervous CV player that was expecting no planes to be lost to a Graf Spee lol. Been hearing that short Ranged AA may be boosted in CV rework which brings the AFT vs BFT into question. Love my Graf Spee a lot and want to contour raiding enemy teams with her when ever I feel like it. :Smile_smile:

Other question is  how exactly is Cat Fighter calculated into AA  rating for a ship or is it? And does the slower airspeed that comes with the second Fighter have any negative affects? Never used the second Cat Fighter skill, so their are some  mysteries about the skill for me.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have some questions regarding AA and with some concerns about the rework threading my Graf Spee possibly more than current CVs do, I am looking into what may help. Would AFT be best or BFT + the skill that gives second Cat Fighter in the air? I know Graf Spee will never be an Atlanta of course, but if you wing a few extra planes you can spook a nervous CV player that was expecting no planes to be lost to a Graf Spee lol. Been hearing that short Ranged AA may be boosted in CV rework which brings the AFT vs BFT into question. Love my Graf Spee a lot and want to contour raiding enemy teams with her when ever I feel like it. :Smile_smile:

Other question is  how exactly is Cat Fighter calculated into AA  rating for a ship or is it? And does the slower airspeed that comes with the second Fighter have any negative affects? Never used the second Cat Fighter skill, so their are some  mysteries about the skill for me.

We are not sure yet. The Skill rework has not released specifics yet.

thirZsi.jpg

What will be the cutoff AA gun size for Close range AA for BFT? 25mm, 37mm, 40mm, 57mm? We don't know yet. And what will the bonus be? Same for AFT, what will the bonus be for AFT? Will it be range like it always was or something else as it says it increases the performance, not range? We just don't know the specifics yet.

I fully expect there to be a skill reset for everything as this will be changing a lot of builds, not just CVs.

Edit The PTS may answer some of these, but PTS stats are NOT set in stone.

Edited by Kizarvexis