Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

2019...Year of the carrier/cruiser?

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

791
[WOLF6]
Members
1,569 posts
5,012 battles

As many know yes...it's confirmed. Short of a meltdown at WG the carrier rework will be here in less than a month. Would I be wrong in saying this is the most drastic change to the game since release? I still can't comprehend what will become the 'meta' where a class that was such a rarity could now become a feature in near every match. With an additional line the CV presence will alter how every ship plays and could see the BB, as it did historically, relinquish its flagship role. Yum.

Seriously though I can't wait to see cruisers perhaps regain that true support ship feel. Many of the type feel incomplete unless that bristling AA armament is being put to use. Here is to hoping that WG covers this aspect well in both the interface and captain skills. I want to see the carrier and support cruiser rise again and perhaps shift the dynamic of the game that at higher tiers some people believe is a little defensive and stagnant.

 

Edit. Yes the birth of a 'New Era'.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,197 posts
5,002 battles

2019...Year of the carrier/Tier X OP cruiser?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[WOLF6]
Members
1,569 posts
5,012 battles

The new dev bulletin states that there exists a coming of a 'New Era'. All the rework haters aside surely WG knows what they are doing. I certainly hope so.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,574
[SBS]
Members
5,237 posts

Because the Wooster wasn't strong enough. :Smile_trollface:  Seriously, WG better reduce the XP for shooting down planes or the Wooster will average 3k XP a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
107
Beta Testers
427 posts

Hoping they add an option to opt out of CV matches. Cause currently the only way to opt out.... is to opt out of playing the game entirely.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[SACH]
Members
930 posts

WG needs to bring in an updated AA mechanic to all the ships . From Teir 4 and up. The system better get tweaked or there will be burning and sinking ships everywhere. There are ships with " inferior AA" that could possibly be sunk in one strike trying to support other ships . In essence rendering those who do not have the Baltimore's ,Cleavlands ,Hindenburgs,Woosters and Minotaurs relatively useless.  I'd hate to come up against a CV in say, my Budyonny or a Myoko, that would be a bad day for me . Let see what WG comes up with and let's hope they get it right.

Cheers <o,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,275 posts
6,918 battles

Everyone relax: carriers will autosink, all you have to do is time the repair consumable autotriggering and then torp the carrier when it expires.

 

CVs will have to choose between sinking you and getting sunk themselves,

 

1 hour ago, CO_Valle said:

Year of Tone?

Tone will now be impossible, along with other hybrids, under this new system,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
830
[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,393 posts
5,640 battles
5 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

2019...Year of the carrier/Tier X OP cruiser?

 

henri is pretty disgusting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,197 posts
5,002 battles
Just now, Hanger_18 said:

henri is pretty disgusting

It's the never ending hamster wheel of grind the new shiny....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,303
Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles
4 hours ago, Azzura said:

Hoping they add an option to opt out of CV matches. Cause currently the only way to opt out.... is to opt out of playing the game entirely.

Orrrr you could learn to play the game!  There's a thought.  It never ceases to amaze me that people will learn how to play against DD's,  against BB's,  and against CA/L's,  but god forbid they learn how to counter CV's!  

 

 

4 hours ago, thegreenbaron said:

Everyone relax: carriers will autosink, all you have to do is time the repair consumable autotriggering and then torp the carrier when it expires.

 

CVs will have to choose between sinking you and getting sunk themselves,

 

Tone will now be impossible, along with other hybrids, under this new system,

Nah,  Tone's still possible.  Its not like the old system is just going to disappear,  they can still make use of it for simple systems such as the Tone or the Ise.  Just have the plane auto-drop on your targeted ship and either pick a new target if that one sinks or just return to the ship.  They've already done this for Blitz and it works well in another WoWS type game I play on mobile.

That being said,  I don't expect them to.  Not due to any limitations of the system,  mind you,  they've just said they don't want to do it.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,338
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,333 posts
5 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

2019...Year of the carrier/Tier X OP cruiser? Stalingrad and Worcester

 

Fixed that for you :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,197 posts
5,002 battles
12 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Fixed that for you :Smile-_tongue:

Lest we forget the other Tier X cruisers they throw in....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,648
[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,338 battles
5 hours ago, Azzura said:

Hoping they add an option to opt out of CV matches. Cause currently the only way to opt out.... is to opt out of playing the game entirely.

Not gonna happen. Given the choice, hardly anyone would voluntarily infect themselves with sky cancer except the tumors themselves. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Wonder if we will see huge amount of tears from CV mains. :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,338
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,333 posts
56 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Lest we forget the other Tier X cruisers they throw in....

Hmmm, All the T10 cruisers are fairly powerful I'd say but those two are probably the two blatantly OP ones (more stalingrad than Worcester if I had to choose)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles
45 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Year of the Italian Cruiser line, please.

We will just fade to the west and enjoy life in Brazil?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
7 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

As many know yes...it's confirmed. Short of a meltdown at WG the carrier rework will be here in less than a month. Would I be wrong in saying this is the most drastic change to the game since release? I still can't comprehend what will become the 'meta' where a class that was such a rarity could now become a feature in near every match. With an additional line the CV presence will alter how every ship plays and could see the BB, as it did historically, relinquish its flagship role. Yum.

Seriously though I can't wait to see cruisers perhaps regain that true support ship feel. Many of the type feel incomplete unless that bristling AA armament is being put to use. Here is to hoping that WG covers this aspect well in both the interface and captain skills. I want to see the carrier and support cruiser rise again and perhaps shift the dynamic of the game that at higher tiers some people believe is a little defensive and stagnant.

 

Edit. Yes the birth of a 'New Era'.

The update 6.0 skill change was really significant. CE went from being something for a minimum 15pt Cmdr to something a 10pt Cmdr could get, along with the removal of the other 5pt skills.That opened up things for a LOT of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×