You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: T6-T9 Perma Camo's On Sale

18 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles

Don't believe this has been posted but if it has I apologize. I don't recall seeing it nor even hearing WG was doing it so just in case...

Just was loading up a T9 I don't plan to keep to take it into a match, or I would have the perma camo for it, and when putting camo on I noticed the perma camo was 50% off. 2000 Doubloons instead of 4000. Looks like T10 is not included sadlyor at least the alternate T10 camos are still 5000 Doubloons. Every T10 I have already has the regular perma camo so not sure if those are discounted?. But T5-T9 are 50% off...

• T5 = 500 Doubloons
  • T6 = 500 Doubloons
  • T7 = 1000 Doubloons
  • T8 = 1500 Doubloons
  • T9 = 2000 Doubloons
  • Cool 5

[WOLFC]
Members
2,643 posts
14,482 battles

It was posted a little earlier this morning, Admiral .... but already rolled to Page 2.  Lot's of new topics being discussed today.

Would always rather see such info than miss it ... especially good sales!  Thank you, sir. :Smile_honoring:

Spoiler

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,300 posts
13,898 battles

Nice, something to invest doubs in! Thanks!

Members
6,037 posts
7,048 battles

Also, for those that read this, upgrade modules are 60% off, and there's also a 35:1 conversion rate for exp --> fxp.

T10 permanent camo remains at full price, FYI.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't believe this has been posted but if it has I apologize. I don't recall seeing it nor even hearing WG was doing it so just in case...

Just was loading up a T9 I don't plan to keep to take it into a match, or I would have the perma camo for it, and when putting camo on I noticed the perma camo was 50% off. 2000 Doubloons instead of 4000. Looks like T10 is not included sadlyor at least the alternate T10 camos are still 5000 Doubloons. Every T10 I have already has the regular perma camo so not sure if those are discounted?. But T5-T9 are 50% off...

• T5 = 500 Doubloons
  • T6 = 500 Doubloons
  • T7 = 1000 Doubloons
  • T8 = 1500 Doubloons
  • T9 = 2000 Doubloons

I have bought a lot of perma camos in the past but in your opinion is it worth buying when you have already ground to T-10 in a specific line? All they do is make your ship a little more profitable right?

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
31 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I have bought a lot of perma camos in the past but in your opinion is it worth buying when you have already ground to T-10 in a specific line? All they do is make your ship a little more profitable right?

Perma camo's have the benefit of a service fee reduction which from say T7/T8 on are of an immense help at least for me as a Co-op player. T9 (-20%) and T10 (-50%) it is a MUST for Co-op really if you play there a lot. I am able to do as well as I do, in part, because of these perma camos and the service fee reduction they provide. When I stack them with my Clan bonus and the -10% flags I don't have the WG Government taking all my hard earned credits in taxes. I actually get to keep some. :Smile_veryhappy:  It also means I always have a camo for the ship and can save the special 1 time use ones for times of special need vs using them up on regular games.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

Wait, what?  Tier 5 perma-camo?

NY has one at the least. Maybe some others do (man I wish Konig had one)? It's fugly so I never spent the doubloons on it but for 500 why not so I grabbed it. 

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,652 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Perma camo's have the benefit of a service fee reduction which from say T7/T8 on are of an immense help at least for me as a Co-op player. T9 (-20%) and T10 (-50%) it is a MUST for Co-op really if you play there a lot. I am able to do as well as I do, in part, because of these perma camos and the service fee reduction they provide. When I stack them with my Clan bonus and the -10% flags I don't have the WG Government taking all my hard earned credits in taxes. I actually get to keep some. :Smile_veryhappy:  It also means I always have a camo for the ship and can save the special 1 time use ones for times of special need vs using them up on regular games.

I once played my Montana (i have its permanent camo, co-op only player) with one of the New Year Streamer camouflages attached instead.    At the end of the game, there was a huge NEGATIVE number of credits displayed, and Guido & Rocky were already banging on my front door, ready to collect!    Yikes!!!    :cap_rambo:

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
730 posts
21,308 battles

So the sale is just for ships that already have a version of perma-camo (Emerald, and NY), and not for the tech tree ships that don't

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

So the sale is just for ships that already have a version of perma-camo (Emerald, and NY), and not for the tech tree ships that don't

Yes, the sale is only for current tech tree ships that have a perma camo being offered (note the Emerald perma camo was a special one from a mission and is not being sold at all or I would grab it). There are some alternate/special perma camos available right now though and they are on sale too so check out the camo section for your ships.

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
7 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

I once played my Montana (i have its permanent camo, co-op only player) with one of the New Year Streamer camouflages attached instead.    At the end of the game, there was a huge NEGATIVE number of credits displayed, and Guido & Rocky were already banging on my front door, ready to collect!    Yikes!!!    :cap_rambo:

I tried that on one of my T10's too by replacing the perma camo with a special 1 time use one for a big XP boost to help finish a mission requirement. I got the XP needed but the collection agency came to see me as well even though it was a good game. T9 and T10 you need those perma camos in Co-op or you best always be 1st with monster games.

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,652 battles
20 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

The sale does not include the awesomesauce Kobayashi permacamo for the Ashitaki and Kii unfortunately.

I bought both those Kobayashi camos for those ships.   My Kii normally costs me ~20,000 credits for service & ammunition expended...an awesome steal for a T8 battleship.   The Ashitaka is probably my funnest T7 ship.  

And, I'd buy the Kobayashi for my Roma, but I refuse to do so, while it still has the Budweiser can on top.    If WG will change that feature, I'd reconsider.  

Edited by ThumperD702

Members
1,536 posts
10 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I did break down and buy the Perma cammo for the Alsace.......she is just too good a ship to not have it lol.

[7AES]
Members
83 posts
14,326 battles

Prinz Eugen Adler camo is half off and so worth it. 7-800k credits for an average battle. 

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
17 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Wait, what?  Tier 5 perma-camo?

New York and Emerald both have perma-camo, but I'm not sure is Emerald is available right now. It came out on St. Patricks in 2017 IIRC.

The discount is also for the Texas Stars and Stripes and the Okt Revolution CCCP alternate camos.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/january-missions-2019/

TWJRRzB.jpg