You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cynder_TheDragon

Recommendations?

8 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
438 battles

So I have been playing the Tier 5 Omaha Cruiser a lot and I'm loving this so much im able to research one of the following Tier 6 cruisers: Pensacola or Dallas which would be recommended for play style? I have looked at both of these ships stats and so far the Pensacola has my attention just for its increase in artillery range but the Dallas has my attention for its Camouflage rating. I am still a novice at this game so any tips or recommendations for these 2 ships would be amazing

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
2 minutes ago, Cynder_TheDragon said:

So I have been playing the Tier 5 Omaha Cruiser a lot and I'm loving this so much im able to research one of the following Tier 6 cruisers: Pensacola or Dallas which would be recommended for play style? I have looked at both of these ships stats and so far the Pensacola has my attention just for its increase in artillery range but the Dallas has my attention for its Camouflage rating. I am still a novice at this game so any tips or recommendations for these 2 ships would be amazing

Go for both, but the Dallas will be closer what you are used to. She had faster firing 152mm guns. Pensacola has a longer range, but has slower firing 203mm guns with really slow turning turrets. Like slow for a BB turrets. Dallas will get you used to the gun layout,before you get the slow 8 inch guns. Do go up both lines as Des Moines is very nice.

• Cool 1

Members
6,277 posts
19,819 battles
9 minutes ago, Cynder_TheDragon said:

The Dallas needs IFHE to be successful and that means a 14 pt captain. The Pepsi, which his a harder ship to play takes a less skilled captain pt wise to play, at least truer to its form. the heavy cruiser line will help you become a better player.. but the light cruiser line is probably more fun.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,279 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Go for both, but the Dallas will be closer what you are used to. She had faster firing 152mm guns. Pensacola has a longer range, but has slower firing 203mm guns with really slow turning turrets. Like slow for a BB turrets. Dallas will get you used to the gun layout,before you get the slow 8 inch guns. Do go up both lines as Des Moines is very nice.

Good advice. OP, the slog through the US 8" line is worth getting the DM.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,555 posts
33,702 battles

Consider they are different ships, as the line branches into Heavy Cruisers (Pensacola) and Light Cruisers (Dallas - like Phoenix and Omaha before them).

The distinction involves the size of the guns. You will jump to 203mm guns with much more punch, some more range, slower turret traverse, and slower RoF.

It is up to you which one to go for first. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,344 posts
13,879 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The worst thing about the Pensacola is the glacially slow turret traverse forcing the player to travel in a straight line to keep the guns on target, the guns can't even keep up with an easy turn.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,639 posts
14,469 battles

I'd also say you want to go up both lines, but I'd recommend the Dallas first, then the Helena. 

At Tier 7 you'll really start to get an appreciation for what the USN Cruisers are capable of; and Helena is a lot of fun!

After you're proficient with Helena, you can choose Cleveland or start learning the heavy cruiser line.  Just my 2 cents.

• Cool 1