You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

premium CVs - offer owners access on PTS

75 comments in this topic

Members
4,302 posts

Dear Wargaming, 

please allow owners of existing premium cvs the opportunity to experiment and discover them, on the Public Test Server, before they go live. This I ask as a gesture of reconciliation, and to help CV addicts adjust, and to make a more informed decision about their final choices, to sell or retain their premium CVs. 

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Dear Wargaming, 

please allow owners of existing premium cvs the opportunity to experiment and discover them, on the Public Test Server, before they go live. This I ask as a gesture of reconciliation, and to help CV addicts adjust, and to make a more informed decision about their final choices, to sell or retain their premium CVs. 

That would be the decent thing to do.

It's been a LONG time since premium ships were playable in a PTS... almost as if WG doesn't want players to try before they buy.

[KWF]
Members
3,992 posts
6,111 battles

Has there been any footage of how the premiums CVs play at all? Haven't seen anything so far, quite curious to see whether they will a bit unique or just the plane launching platforms that the rest of the reworked CVs are.

0 posts
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

Seems reasonable to me.

Don't know if you have been following, but 

has details on the upcoming RN cvs. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts

That "carpet bombing" thing is direct proof that this rework is not going to fix the real issues with carriers. 

Specifically in this instance... differentiation by bad gimmick.  Squadron sizes and numbers, AP bombs, funny torp spreads, off-tier planes, etc, are at the root of what's wrong with carriers, and this "carpet bombing" thing is just more of the same. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,497 posts
14,046 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Don't know if you have been following, but 

I have seen it, though not commented. It's pretty silly. 'Carpet Bombing' - visions of trying to 'dehouse' the German workforce vs. 'you need to aim well for best results' plus carrier aircraft with small bomb loads... seems pretty retarded, even by WG carrier standards.

Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That "carpet bombing" thing is direct proof that this rework is not going to fix the real issues with carriers. 

Specifically in this instance... differentiation by bad gimmick.  Squadron sizes and numbers, AP bombs, funny torp spreads, off-tier planes, etc, are at the root of what's wrong with carriers, and this "carpet bombing" thing is just more of the same. 

They are just testing the mechanism and all other things can be adjusted in further updates if found OP. I guess the real test would be on the live server and lots of changes would come to the CVs in subsequent patches. I hope they balance the premium CVs well before they release. 

0 posts
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

I have seen it, though not commented. It's pretty silly. 'Carpet Bombing' - visions of trying to 'dehouse' the German workforce vs. 'you need to aim well for best results' plus carrier aircraft with small bomb loads... seems pretty retarded, even by WG carrier standards.

Look more closely at some of the stuff I have posted, the "carpet bombing" may be a deliberate stunt to distract from the fact, that the RN cvs, according to datamining at gamesmodels.com, will have torps with 37k alpha dmg, or that is to say, 2 torps enough to sink any tier 8 bb in one pass (one pass, .. each squadron in the rework can make 3 to 4 passes per sortie!). It will be interesting to see if this goes live, as is. I'll post armour models of the 8.0 patch RN cvs another day in that thread (maybe tomorrow). They are also interesting to look at.

0 posts
3 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

..anybody knows what this SAIPAN will be now?

More or less, yes.

What do you want to know?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Look more closely at some of the stuff I have posted, the "carpet bombing" may be a deliberate stunt to distract from the fact, that the RN cvs, according to datamining at gamesmodels.com, will have torps with 37k alpha dmg, or that is to say, 2 torps enough to sink any tier 8 bb in one pass (one pass, .. each squadron in the rework can make 3 to 4 passes per sortie!). It will be interesting to see if this goes live, as is. I'll post armour models of the 8.0 patch RN cvs another day in that thread (maybe tomorrow). They are also interesting to look at.

Wait... how much per torpedo? 

Oh, let me guess "But RN torpedo bombers are known for their devastating attacks on big ships, so we need this gimmick for dat nashunul flayvor"

[SBS]
Members
5,194 posts
2,421 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

We don't even know what carpet bombing is yet so how can you say its proof of anything????? :Smile_facepalm:

@LoveBote Seems like a reasonable idea to me. :cap_like:

Just now, LoveBote said:

that the RN cvs, according to datamining at gamesmodels.com, will have torps with 37k alpha dmg, or that is to say, 2 torps enough to sink any tier 8 bb in one pass (one pass, .. each squadron in the rework can make 3 to 4 passes per sortie!). It will be interesting to see if this goes live, as is.

I haven't followed the RN CV news so I don't know much about the data mining.  I do know the values for alpha in the game files aren't what they are in game.  The in game alpha is only a fraction of the game file alpha.  I don't know if the numbers you are seeing are the in game alpha or game file alpha.  Do you know?

0 posts
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I haven't followed the RN CV news so I don't know much about the data mining.  I do know the values for alpha in the game files aren't what they are in game.  The in game alpha is only a fraction of the game file alpha.  I don't know if the numbers you are seeing are the in game alpha or game file alpha.  Do you know?

I don't, I'll try and compare with something safe and unchanging (Tirpitz for example). But the stated alpha for RN CVs, on this datamining source, are nevertheless, far greater than any other t8 CVs, even the Zeppelin pales in comparison. I find the source quite reliable.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,197 posts
13,798 battles
52 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Dear Wargaming, 

The PTS is open to everyone but just like the CV test servers there won't be enough people playing anything else but CV's. When 8.0 hits the real testing can begin.

0 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The PTS is open to everyone but just like the CV test servers there won't be enough people playing anything else but CV's. When 8.0 hits the real testing can begin.

Premium ships are not available to anybody (except supertesters, and then, selectively), on the PTS./

Spoiler

But I would be nice, and sensible, to minimize the actual amount of balancing required, before 8.0 goes live.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,497 posts
14,046 battles
17 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I've seen it, I have GM3D too. I don't think it would just be a 'distraction' but maybe... people would still notice torpedoes with twice the alpha of Shimakaze's I'd reckon!

I like the asymmetric armor schemes.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,197 posts
13,798 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Premium ships are not available to anybody (except supertesters, and then, selectively), on the PTS./

Reveal hidden contents

But I would be nice, and sensible, to minimize the actual amount of balancing required, before 8.0 goes live.

They should be with 8.0 and shouldn't we worry about the new system working correctly instead of worrying about a premium ships special working. Also like I said no real CV testing will be possible because everyone and their uncle will be playing CV's making co-op the only viable way to play them at all.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,553 posts
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

We don't even know what carpet bombing is yet so how can you say its proof of anything????? :Smile_facepalm:

It's based on RAF mass formations of heavy bomber employed in area bombing strategies against land targets. 

It's being applied to small flights of carrier attack aircraft.

It's a stupid gimmick, used to differentiate carriers for dat nashunul flayvor -- and that's one of the actual core issues of CVs that the rework fails to address.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They should be with 8.0 and shouldn't we worry about the new system working correctly instead of worrying about a premium ships special working. Also like I said no real CV testing will be possible because everyone and their uncle will be playing CV's making co-op the only viable way to play them at all.

My OP is addressed to WG and owners of premium CVs, specifically. Count yourself as "We" only if you own a premium CV, as regards this thread. And I'll be frank, I only care about the premium t8 cvs, (inc ex t7s) personally.

Don't be a Baghdad Bob.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,197 posts
13,798 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

My OP is addressed to WG and owners of premium CVs, specifically. Count yourself as "We" only if you own a premium CV, as regards this thread. And I'll be frank, I only care about the premium t8 cvs, (inc ex t7s) personally.

Don't be a Baghdad Bob.

So you want to find out if they are still over powered? The PT will not give a proper picture and I doubt any of them will still be as stupidly over powered as they are now. Patience young padawan.

0 posts
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

So you want to find out if they are still over powered? The PT will not give a proper picture and I doubt any of them will still be as stupidly over powered as they are now. Patience young padawan.

don't test me brushwolf.

owners and players of premium ships who have invested many hundreds of hours of gameplay time in them, have every natural reason to be interested in what happens. Show some respect.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,197 posts
13,798 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

don't test me brushwolf.

You are the one being all impatient. Even if they did make them available the PT does not have the population to support learning anything useful.

0 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You are the one being all impatient. Even if they did make them available the PT does not have the population to support learning anything useful.

Irrelevant to my OP. The request is not to help WG, but to help existing owners adapt, and make appropriate, informed decisions. If you are not concerned, this topic should have no interest for you, and you have no reason to be opposed to the request. Let alone commenting. i.e ecetera unmentionable unmentionables..

[WOLF4]
Members
147 posts
58 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

We haven't even played it yet. "Specifically in this instance... differentiation by bad gimmick.  Squadron sizes and numbers, AP bombs, funny torp spreads, off-tier planes, etc, are at the root of what's wrong with carriers, and this "carpet bombing" thing is just more of the same. " And the rework is to totally different in functionality.