You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daffyd9x

New Year's Decorations ... working?

13 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
198 posts
22,286 battles

"To download the wallpapers, first click on the image with the left mouse button, then on the Download button below it. Select the image size suitable for your screen."

Does not work for me from Game Center or from News article within game.  Restarting does not help.  The cursor changes to hand over the image, but nothing happens when I click.

Does it work for you?  If yes, any ideas for me?  (I have Win10 PC.)

Is there another source for these wallpapers?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Daffyd9x

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
Just now, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Where are they at?

In the newsletters when you are in game at port.

[NGA-A]
Supertester
1,250 posts
7,265 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

In the newsletters when you are in game at port.

Gotcha, thanks

[NGA-A]
Supertester
1,250 posts
7,265 battles

If you go to the website and go into the news section you can download the images there.  Just right click on them and save them from the website.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
198 posts
22,286 battles
32 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

If you go to the website and go into the news section you can download the images there.  Just right click on them and save them from the website.

Progress, but I'm not there yet.  Sorry, need more help.  

I am able to right-click on the first image on WoWS website and download that JPG.  

When I left-click the first image, I get a second image with screen resolutions under it.  Clicking on 1920x1080 does nothing.  I cannot download any JPG from this screen.

[NGA-A]
Supertester
1,250 posts
7,265 battles
Just now, Daffyd9x said:

Progress, but I'm not there yet.  Sorry, need more help.  

I am able to right-click on the first image on WoWS website and download that JPG.  

When I left-click the first image, I get a second image with screen resolutions under it.  Clicking on 1920x1080 does nothing.  I cannot download any JPG from this screen.

Thats odd, might be an issue on their site.  I was able to click on the highest resolution image and download that but didn't try any of the others.  I'd see if you can click on any of the other resolutions and see if they work.  

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
198 posts
22,286 battles
2 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

Thats odd, might be an issue on their site.  I was able to click on the highest resolution image and download that but didn't try any of the others.  I'd see if you can click on any of the other resolutions and see if they work.  

None of the other resolutions work for me either.  I'm jinxed!

[NGA-A]
Supertester
1,250 posts
7,265 battles

I'm stumped friend.  I know they worked for me but not sure why it's not working for you.  Just in case it matters, I'm using Google Chrome on my PC and haven't had issues with the links working.

Just to make sure, you went to the main WoWs web page, went to the news section and then the article about the wallpapers and tried it there?  I'm out of ideas.  You can contact one of the Administrators and they might be able to help.  Sorry I wasn't much help though.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
198 posts
22,286 battles
3 hours ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I'm stumped friend.  I know they worked for me but not sure why it's not working for you.  Just in case it matters, I'm using Google Chrome on my PC and haven't had issues with the links working.

Just to make sure, you went to the main WoWs web page, went to the news section and then the article about the wallpapers and tried it there?  I'm out of ideas.  You can contact one of the Administrators and they might be able to help.  Sorry I wasn't much help though.

I am using Microsoft Edge.  I shall download another web browser and try again.  Thanks!

FOLLOWUP:

Installed Firefox. 

When I clicked on the 1920x1080 resolution, the image file silently downloaded without a file extension.  I renamed the files to .JPG and everything works fine.

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Daffyd9x