Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Ranked Predictions

14 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,418 battles

Basically, this thread is where I'll be sharing what ships I think will make their appearance in the upcoming season of Ranked Battles. Feel free to make your own predictions, debate why and why not certain ships will make their appearance. Just keep it civil.

Battleships

FdG: The ugly duckling of the German line recently got a reasonable buff that could see it come into its own. In addition to a slightly faster reload, the ship now has 1/4 pen on its 105mm secondaries, meaning you basically have an Akizuki strapped to either side of your ship. Given my own moderate success with it's big brother during the last season, I think we can expect to see this puppy gain some fans.

Alsace: Even with the nerfs, she's a strong contender to be one of the best tier IX BBs (as hollow as that title may be).Given the sheer volume and punch of her main battery, this isn't too surprising.

Missouri: Radar is one of the most important factors in Ranked and has been since the Payfast season.

Musashi: Her lacking AA is basically a non-factor in Ranked and she has the LOL!pen of those 18.1" guns so she'll likely be a frequent guest.

Cruisers

Kronshtadt: Given his similarities to the Stalingrad, I think this one's a given. Battleships should be cautious about giving him a broadside because that AP will rip chunks out of you.

Destroyers

Fletcher: Widely-regarded as the most balanced destroyer, I think we can expect her to be a mainstay of the season.

Udaloi: Probably the most balanced Russian DD, what it lacks in gimmicks (glances at Khab and Grozo) it makes up for in the utility of its armaments.

Kitakaze: The buffed Aki will almost certainly make her presence known as she burns battleships to the waterline cackling in delight.

Black: Based on the well-regarded Fletcher, I think we can expect to see a fair number of these, especially given the recent Steel Event. Admittedly the torps are somewhat bleh, but the combination of radar and smoke is likely going to be causing Payfast flashbacks.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,834 posts
11,995 battles

Alaska is supposed to be coming soon. Whether or not it is good for ranked, I bet you will see quite a few.

[KWF]
Members
3,999 posts
6,126 battles

Jean Bart should be relatively popular as well.

Cruiser wise Ibuki may be an unexpected surprise thanks to the recent buffs.

As for DDs I believe Chung Mu will shine as well.

[NGA]
Members
1,968 posts
10,418 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Jean Bart should be relatively popular as well.

Cruiser wise Ibuki may be an unexpected surprise thanks to the recent buffs.

As for DDs I believe Chung Mu will shine as well.

JB is a bit of a toss-up for me given that it's reload booster is at least partially dependent on an enemy going broadside. Admittedly this is Ranked and not Clan Wars.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

if I had to take a guess, it'd look like this:

BBs:

Missouri

Musashi

Jean Bart

CA:

Kronshtadt

DDs:

Fletcher

Kitakaze

Black

I'll most likely be playing my Black or Kita.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational

Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

My guess for most competitive:

CVs: Taiho

BBs: Mushashi, Jean Bart, Missouri

CA/CL: Kronstadt, Saint-Louis 

DDs: Kitakaze, Black, Fletcher, Chung Mu

My guess is that this season will be battleship and heavy given the number of great premium tIX ships (Mushashi, Jean Barr, Missouri are all exceptional BBs)

Cruisers are relatively bad around that tier so I don’t expect many of them. (RIP Neptune, Ibuki, Roon, Seattle, Buffalo, Donskoi) Some exceptions are Kronstadt which has its great hit point pool and radar to its name. Saint-Louis is a V. comfortable ship and we’ve seen plenty of Charles Martels do well in previous seasons of TVIII. Donskoi and Buffalo might see some use given their radar, but Kronstadt is just so much better for that.

As for DDs, I think the Kitakaze is a strong ship. The American DDs are always top tier picks, so fletcher and Chung mu will be there. Black, of course will probably be OP. Z-46 might be good if there isn’t too much radar, which might be possible given many of the radar cruisers suck (Donskoi, Seattle, Buffalo). Jutland might be good?

Personally, I will playing a modified Tashkent build. I’m willing to bet that the ability to fight other DDs, the superior health due to the heal, and the speed allowing it to pick up the buffs will finally allow Soviet DDs a chance to shine in this ranked season, something they haven’t really done before.

[PVE]
Members
19,834 posts
11,995 battles
32 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

My guess for most competitive:

CVs: Taiho

BBs: Mushashi, Jean Bart, Missouri

CA/CL: Kronstadt, Saint-Louis 

DDs: Kitakaze, Black, Fletcher, Chung Mu

My guess is that this season will be battleship and heavy given the number of great premium tIX ships (Mushashi, Jean Barr, Missouri are all exceptional BBs)

Cruisers are relatively bad around that tier so I don’t expect many of them. (RIP Neptune, Ibuki, Roon, Seattle, Buffalo, Donskoi) Some exceptions are Kronstadt which has its great hit point pool and radar to its name. Saint-Louis is a V. comfortable ship and we’ve seen plenty of Charles Martels do well in previous seasons of TVIII. Donskoi and Buffalo might see some use given their radar, but Kronstadt is just so much better for that.

As for DDs, I think the Kitakaze is a strong ship. The American DDs are always top tier picks, so fletcher and Chung mu will be there. Black, of course will probably be OP. Z-46 might be good if there isn’t too much radar, which might be possible given many of the radar cruisers suck (Donskoi, Seattle, Buffalo). Jutland might be good?

Personally, I will playing a modified Tashkent build. I’m willing to bet that the ability to fight other DDs, the superior health due to the heal, and the speed allowing it to pick up the buffs will finally allow Soviet DDs a chance to shine in this ranked season, something they haven’t really done before.

Since it doesn't look like they will get Ranked season 11 in before Jan 23rd, Taiho won't be available for Ranked. You won't have any CVs in ranked as there will no longer be T9 CVs.

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Where is the information on the upcoming Ranked season. Is it going to be tier IX? If so, I need to repurchase a Fletcher.

ST. Ranked battle. Arms Race.

Ranked Battles Season 11 will be in the «Arms Race» format. Players can participate using tier IX ships. They will fight on familiar maps with the following bonuses:
- Reduction of ship detectability;
- HP recovery;
- Main battery and TTs reload speed bonus.

And new bonuses including:
- Consumable reload speed bonus;
- Improved maneuverability;
- The chance of fire changes.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary

It was on facebook

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,194 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Ranked Battles Season 11 will be in the «Arms Race» format.

I'm not thrilled about the arm race format.  As usual the way things scale the buffs tend to favor BBs.  We'll see if the new buffs play out like that or not.  

[B_Y_F]
Members
495 posts
11,852 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm not thrilled about the arm race format.  As usual the way things scale the buffs tend to favor BBs.  We'll see if the new buffs play out like that or not.  

Why?

I think most buff is actually dd favor(if you can get it without too much damage)

Sign in to follow this