Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hurlbut

8.0 Public Test coming

41 comments in this topic

Members
3,059 posts
2,528 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-080/

But wait, what is this I see WG?

"The new concept assumes that players are only capable of effectively controlling one thing at a time: either a squadron or the aircraft carrier. You can control an aircraft carrier only when all of your squadrons are ready for takeoff, or returning to the ship. An aircraft carrier is controlled with the WASD keys like other ships, or via the Tactical Map."

Um, WG you might want to rephrase that better.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts

""The new concept assumes that players are only capable of effectively controlling one thing at a time: either a squadron or the aircraft carrier."

Like I said before, WG is showing their true colors as to just how low an opinion they have of their customers.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

0 posts

Wargaming should remove concealment, aa, smoke, secondaries, WASD movememnt control & simultanous gunnery control from all warships. Because obviously "players are only capable of effectively controlling one thing at a time"

In future, we kindly ask WG to remove WASD directional control over battleships, cruisers and destroyers, when captains decide to aim and fire their guns (aiming and firing at the same time, is also questionable, maybe that shouldn't be allowed either.)

Wargaming does not think we are stupid, no obviously not, just intellectually challenged.

• Cool 2

0 posts
1 hour ago, Hurlbut said:

I think they mean what they say, they have been saying this since last September.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts

If you play CVs, or have friends or clanmates who play CVs, I cannot stress how important it is to get on the PTS for 0.8.0 and then give WG your feedback.

DO NOT let them claim that no one spoke up before this went live.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,509 posts
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If you play CVs, or have friends or clanmates who play CVs, I cannot stress how important it is to get on the PTS for 0.8.0 and then give WG your feedback.

No one likes it, but honestly, WG's opinion of the average player in this game is spot on...most of them can't walk and chew gum. 

The issue is not that these people are all incapable, simply that the game isn't engaging enough to keep them playing, or bother to learn the complicated mechanics in what is in reality an arcade game.....

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,318 battles
32 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not just CV players. I'm going to be checking out the new flak mechanics, survivabilty, etc.

If it looks like it's going to be pointless to play anything else but a CV, you can bet I'll squawk 7700 on 121.5 MHz loud and clear.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,231 posts
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Not just CV players. I'm going to be checking out the new flak mechanics, survivabilty, etc.

If it looks like it's going to be pointless to play anything else but a CV, you can bet I'll squawk 7700 on 121.5 MHz loud and clear.

The PTS isn't likely to have enough players to fill matches with all live players.  It will be just like the TST tests where you won't really know how things are going to be until it goes live.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,318 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

The PTS isn't likely to have enough players to fill matches with all live players.

Perhaps, but I would happily bet a sixer of cold ones that this is the most popular PT ever.

[INTEL]
Members
12,347 posts
34,282 battles
4 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I also plan to do this. Spec AA and test good and bad AA botes against the Refark.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,564 posts
4,986 battles

I'm quite for the rework but....jeez. Say it's a balance issue or something to bring a rise in confidence. I'm all for fessing up though I don't think many of those already skeptical are going to take that well. You naughty people with all that hand/eye coordination.....look at what you made them do!

Edited by Sumseaman

Members
909 posts
6,092 battles
11 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

I'm quite for the rework but....jeez. Say it's a balance issue or something to bring a rise in confidence. I'm all for fessing up though I don't think many of those already skeptical are going to take that well.

Agreed. I’m for the rework as well be wow WG really? You could be a little more diplomatic about it. 

• Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,855 posts
4 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

I'm quite for the rework but....jeez. Say it's a balance issue or something to bring a rise in confidence. I'm all for fessing up though I don't think many of those already skeptical are going to take that well. You naughty people with all that hand/eye coordination.....look at what you made them do!

3 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

Agreed. I’m for the rework as well be wow WG really? You could be a little more diplomatic about it. 

It's like an insult layer cake.

They expect us to be dumb enough to believe that it's about balance and better gameplay, when it's just about the console version and sharing dev work across platforms.

Then their excuses (such as "our players aren't able to walk and chew gum at the same time") are just as insulting as the lie.

Members
909 posts
6,092 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's like an insult layer cake.

They expect us to be dumb enough to believe that it's about balance and better gameplay, when it's just about the console version and sharing dev work across platforms.

Then their excuses (such as "our players aren't able to walk and chew gum at the same time") are just as insulting as the lie.

I don’t think it’s just about console version. I think RTS controls come with a lot of baggage the keep a lot of people from being able to enjoy the current CVs. I’m staying optimistic about the rework but I really dislike that the line about not being able to control two things at a time it’s just a flat out stupid thing to say in an official post on the homepage. 

[SANK]
Members
301 posts
6,004 battles
9 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

While I am sure the change had something to do with balance, I think this change is all about porting it over to the consoles. Everything about the new interface screams console controller ease, and XBox consoles run on a version of windows 10.....

While they say it has to be that users can only control one thing at a time, what they are really saying is that Console users do not have the controls to do that. What we want to do is reduce the work we have to do to get WoWS on consoles.

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I strongly encourage all people who play dds or CVs join so that WG can get serious feedback to help fix problems I expect will potentially wreck both classes.

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles
4 hours ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

What the hell, I'll play devil's advocate here.  You all realize that they are Russian and this would hardly be the first time there has been questionable translations to English in their patch notes right?

• Funny 1

Members
909 posts
6,092 battles
10 minutes ago, _HatTrick_ said:

What the hell, I'll play devil's advocate here.  You all realize that they are Russian and this would hardly be the first time there has been questionable translations to English in their patch notes right?

Your right a translation issue it might be but still someone along the line probably should have noticed it and tried to have it worded less bluntly. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

Members
2,633 posts
4,251 battles
22 minutes ago, Billy2Hawks said:

While I am sure the change had something to do with balance, I think this change is all about porting it over to the consoles. Everything about the new interface screams console controller ease, and XBox consoles run on a version of windows 10.....

While they say it has to be that users can only control one thing at a time, what they are really saying is that Console users do not have the controls to do that. What we want to do is reduce the work we have to do to get WoWS on consoles.

Broken record time,  but it is not about the console version.  The fact that it will work better for consoles is a byproduct of the rework.  BUT if the version that worked on PC was profitable and attracted a large enough part of the playerbase,  they wouldn't be changing it.  It's basic business,  if a product works,  keep pushing it,  if it doesn't,  change it.  Not enough people were playing the ship class,  translating into less money spent paying for free experience to ship tiers,  less money spent on premiums,  so on and so fourth.  If I had to wager I'd say the sales on their premium CV's were less then other ship classes.

CVs were and are not popular currently.  Wargaming is trying to change that into something that more people are likely to enjoy.  The sheer amount of tinfoil hattery and sticking of fingers into ears and screaming "LA LA LA!" is gettin' real old.

• Cool 1

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
12 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

""The new concept assumes that players are only capable of effectively controlling one thing at a time: either a squadron or the aircraft carrier."

Like I said before, WG is showing their true colors as to just how low an opinion they have of their customers.

To be fair, WG isn't wrong.  People can't even understand how to island hide or stop shooting till they get to cover.  Very simple concepts, that are beyond most of the player base.

Members
3,059 posts
2,528 battles

So, FAQ on CV Rework is up. 52 minute long. Weeeee. So they said the beta tests, or implied, show the core mechanics of the Rework is sound enough for live release/PT. That they'll balance individual ships once the Rework is on live server.

[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles
21 hours ago, Hurlbut said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-080/

But wait, what is this I see WG?

"The new concept assumes that players are only capable of effectively controlling one thing at a time: either a squadron or the aircraft carrier. You can control an aircraft carrier only when all of your squadrons are ready for takeoff, or returning to the ship. An aircraft carrier is controlled with the WASD keys like other ships, or via the Tactical Map."

On reddit Sub says it is a translation error. 

@Radar_X might want to chime in now. 

Edited by Sparviero

Sign in to follow this