You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Slattery

New Directives for 8.0 : Carriers

101 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
2,032 posts
7,286 battles

I just looked at the news page in port this morning.  It seems that the new directives/missions when 8.0 rolls out will be all about Carriers.

I think it's nice that WG is doing a carrier-centric set of directives.  The CV mains have labored long and hard with little to no reward.  Having this for them is a pretty good thing.

It's a great thing for me too.  I don't CV so that means 4 weeks of no grind, no pressure and just playing the game how I want and when I want.  Who knows, maybe I'll be able to spend some time Noobing In Nirn or playing through some of the games backlog that I have.  Witcher 3 comes to mind here.

I just hope that the new style of CV play is as fun and rewarding for them as the rest of the game is for us.

CS

• Cool 8
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,827 posts
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

I just looked at the news page in port this morning.  It seems that the new directives/missions when 8.0 rolls out will be all about Carriers.

I think it's nice that WG is doing a carrier-centric set of directives.  The CV mains have labored long and hard with little to no reward.  Having this for them is a pretty good thing.

It's a great thing for me too.  I don't CV so that means 4 weeks of no grind, no pressure and just playing the game how I want and when I want.  Who knows, maybe I'll be able to spend some time Noobing In Nirn or playing through some of the games backlog that I have.  Witcher 3 comes to mind here.

I just hope that the new style of CV play is as fun and rewarding for them as the rest of the game is for us.

CS

Guess it will be a good time to take a break from the game, after I cash in my carriers for the refund.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5

[4HIM]
Members
2,908 posts
11,225 battles

Maybe a good time to play the Smith and Varyag for a bit.  Perhaps avoid the inevitable sky spam that will ensue.  

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
6,719 posts
12,788 battles

See if I can grind up to the Shokaku and Midway before it drops. Chances are it'd bee some time before I can help my team out again. They'll sit till then.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
10,088 battles

I can't wait to cash in my Midway, and Premium CVs.  CVs were already a cluster F before the console rework, and I refuse to cater to WG's nonsense.  I'd prefer that CVs be removed entirely, or converted in to a limited use consumable.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,689 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

I'd say run AA ships but I'm skeptical that even helps now...

Me as well. I still haven't seen anything where WG has addressed AA survivability and damage now that CV's attack over and over from the same squad and have infinite planes. He spam can strip your ship of it's AA in short order and with a never ending supply of planes the CV can just attack over and over eventually overwhelming you through sheer volume of attacks. AA has to be reworked as well to survive better and also damage planes attacking at a rate that allows the ship a chance to survive.

Has it been reworked to take into account the changes to the CV's? If so what was done?

Members
5,144 posts
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Me as well. I still haven't seen anything where WG has addressed AA survivability and damage now that CV's attack over and over from the same squad and have infinite planes. He spam can strip your ship of it's AA in short order and with a never ending supply of planes the CV can just attack over and over eventually overwhelming you through sheer volume of attacks. AA has to be reworked as well to survive better and also damage planes attacking at a rate that allows the ship a chance to survive.

Has it been reworked to take into account the changes to the CV's? If so what was done?

PTS is either up, or coming very soon, and open testing can start.  Problem is, most people on PTS will be playing the carriers, not the targets, so, actual real live testing won't actually occur till release.

Nature of the beast.

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,478 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

PTS is either up, or coming very soon, and open testing can start.  Problem is, most people on PTS will be playing the carriers, not the targets, so, actual real live testing won't actually occur till release.

Nature of the beast.

There are pretty good rewards for playing non-carriers as well as carriers so maybe?

iVYMGqM.png

Looking forward to it either way.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,146 posts
8,292 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Maybe a good time to play the Smith and Varyag for a bit.  Perhaps avoid the inevitable sky spam that will ensue.  

I'll likely be right there with you. The old Albany and Emden felt pretty comfy when I was dusting snowflakes. :Smile_great:

[-BUI-]
Members
1,634 posts
4,963 battles

I dunno what you are all afraid of.   The new CVs are not much worse than a bad CA player shooting at you behind a rock (and missing most of his shots).

Mild annoyance at most and not able to singlehandedly sink you in one attack that you cannot do anything about.

I welcome our new CVs and look forward to playing them as well.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,402 posts
10,953 battles

wow theyre actually going to do the automatic consumables for CVs? this rework has become more of an insult to players intelligence than anything else, first they think we dont have the mental capability to control the planes and the carrier at the same time, now they think we dont know when to use the consumables?

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,402 posts
10,953 battles
36 minutes ago, Masingi said:

I been waiting for this since I first started this game. The rise of the CV has begun.

oh you poor, poor soul, this wont be the rise of CVs, its going to be the death of them

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,827 posts
43 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Nature of the beast.

I'll be playing both.

And sending in detailed feedback.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,402 posts
10,953 battles
16 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'll be playing both.

And sending in detailed feedback.

not like they'll listen, they havent listened to the feedback already given, why would they start now?

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,827 posts
10 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

not like they'll listen, they havent listened to the feedback already given, why would they start now?

It's my choice to submit the feedback and make sure they see it.

It's their choice on whether to meaningfully take in feedback or not. 

Their choice does not negate my choice, and when things go to hell, at least I'll be able to tell myself that I did what I could do.

• Cool 3

[4HIM]
Members
2,908 posts
11,225 battles
5 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

oh you poor, poor soul, this wont be the rise of CVs, its going to be the death of them

One can only hope. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,564 posts
4,981 battles

The rework could be the death of CVs or it could be the rise. Question is will those that have already condemned it fall upon your swords and sell all your premiums, steel etc and buy arsenal ramming flags if it succeeds? I will do so if it fails as you say. You may hold me to it!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,827 posts
5 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

The rework could be the death of CVs or it could be the rise. Question is will those that have already condemned it fall upon your swords and sell all your premiums, steel etc and buy arsenal ramming flags if it succeeds? I will do so if it fails as you say. You may hold me to it!

No matter what happens, it's a failure by its very nature -- because it fails to address the real problems.

• Boring 2

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No matter what happens, it's a failure by its very nature -- because it fails to address the real problems.

It addresses quite a few of them actually. Is it perfect? No. Are any of the other ships playstyles perfect? Also no.

• Cool 2

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I've been playing this game for a year and if this happened back then, as well as maybe some premium cvs, I would have had even more of a wonderful time than I already have had.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
13,827 posts
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

It addresses quite a few of them actually. Is it perfect? No. Are any of the other ships playstyles perfect? Also no.

Completely fails to address any of the actual problems. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2